Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,
I would like to suggest that the spamming rule in Among Slimes be made more leniant by extending it to a max of 5 messages instead of the normal 3

The reason i am suggesting this is because its part of the game, take for example:

"it's Blue!"
"Vote Blue"
"its Blue!!"

People often do this "spam" when it is in fact very helpfull, you must get your point across and often Among Slimes chat is very spammy in terms of random messages and accusations, unfortunetly imo three messages is just not enough to get your point across, another example:

"I think it's either red or Yellow"
"I think Yellow"
"Vote Yellow"

This in between the normal chats which people do is completely reasonable and apart of Among Slimes

In Conclusion, I believe this would be a good change people are often disheartened over a punishment when they're just trying to have fun... It's part of the game.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Great suggestion! For the people out there who actually report for these kind of spams. Just... don’t... alright? 😊

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Like... is 3 time saying the same message enough or? After you sent the same message 3 times I think people will see it. Change my mind please.

Xavi | Goofy

Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Like... is 3 time saying the same message enough or? After you sent the same message 3 times I think people will see it. Change my mind please.
Yea and then you get banned. 3 times the same message is considered spam.

• Disagree
Reactions: GiGaGekkies

Xavi | Goofy

Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
@GiGaGekkies Spamming includes but is not limited to posting random strings of symbols in 3 or more different messages

Would saying it 3 times not be considered spam then?

Reactions: Matriox

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I like this idea. I have come across many people who do this during the game.
And not just once, but several times.
And I haven't been able to do anything to mute them, so I think this is a good idea.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I don't understand how any of the examples you gave are considered spamming? If they were, I would be muted about 500 times already-

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
It's considered spamming as there's little to no change in the sentence
How is there "little to no change" in the sentences? In the first set of 3 sentences, the one in the middle is far more different than the others. It's a command, while the other two are attempts to accuse someone. In the second set of 3, the first one shows uncertainty, the second one shows certainty and the last one is a command.

Xavi | Goofy

Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
@iTBD
They all still have the same outcome and that is why it would be considered spam. Otherwise you could just go and spam “watch this YouTube video!” “What do you think of this YouTube video?” “Hello there please support me by watching this YouTube video.”
If you put these 3 sentences in the chat with almost no time inbetween would it also not be muteable due to it being said in different ways? I suspect the reason for him suggesting this is because he/or others have gotten muted for this exact reason.

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
How is there "little to no change" in the sentences? In the first set of 3 sentences, the one in the middle is far more different than the others. It's a command, while the other two are attempts to accuse someone. In the second set of 3, the first one shows uncertainty, the second one shows certainty and the last one is a command.
Sry I'm not the one who makes the rules

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
@iTBD
They all still have the same outcome and that is why it would be considered spam. Otherwise you could just go and spam “watch this YouTube video!” “What do you think of this YouTube video?” “Hello there please support me by watching this YouTube video.”
If you put these 3 sentences in the chat with almost no time inbetween would it also not be muteable due to it being said in different ways? I suspect the reason for him suggesting this is because he/or others have gotten muted for this exact reason.
There is a difference between the two. In Among Slimes, you MUST use the chat in order to have a chance of winning, and the messages shown have different meaning. The sentences you gave are promoting and the meaning is to always promote the video, while promoting itself is already punishable if sent twice in under the minimum period you have to wait (which is about 20 minutes I think).

Xavi | Goofy

Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
@iTBD I don’t feel like discussing this any further, it has already been forwarded.

Xavi | Goofy

Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
But I asked a question. If you don't want to answer it, it appears that you're not ready to defend your suggestion.
Look in your inbox. I feel no need to pursue this in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom