Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see Soul Wars in Cubecraft?

• Yes

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Hi,
First of all, this is not an original idea - I stole it from the minigame 'Soul Wars' from the MMORPG 'Runescape3'. I'm not sure how this will impact the likelihood of the gamemode being added, however I have added multiple unique concepts to it of my own invention. With that said, I have never seen a gamemode as complex as this on any Minecraft server before, and believe that its uniqueness, complexity and rewards will make it a hit on Cubecraft!

Soul Wars

Could you imagine if Eggwars took place on flat-land, rather than the sky? Or if accessing a team's egg was the easy part, and destroying it was the difficult bit? How about if instead of having generators that give you a common currency, you had to work for said currency? Now suppose that there were two teams, with sixteen players on each...

To the 99% of you that are unfamiliar with this game, here is the overworld map of it from Runescape3, which I will refer back to throughout this suggestion:
soulwarsmap.png

Soul Wars is a game hosted by a Necromancer named Nomad. You have two teams with their respective spawn points (Blue Base and Red Base), and the objective is to kill monsters that are located across the overworld (West & East Graveyards) for their "souls". Once you have a sufficient number of souls, you use them on the 'Soul Obelisk' to transform them into enhanced souls (i.e. Blue Soul / Red Soul), which can be used on the enemy team's "Titan" to harm it. Each team's Titan will require roughly one thousand souls to kill, and there is no other way to deal damage to it. The objective is to bring the enemy's Titan down to zero health, wherein the team whose Titan is still standing will be victorious.

Strategy
There is a lot of strategy to a gamemode like this. For example, you are able to play an offensive role, killing either mobs or other players for souls which can be used to harm the enemy team, or you can play a defensive role by exchanging souls in the 'Equipment Area' for blocks, which can be used to stop the enemy team from reaching your own Titan. Furthermore, once you have the minimum number of souls required to enhance at the Soul Obelisk, you can choose to either attack the enemy team's Titan, or you can continue killing monsters for more souls, thus allowing you to deal more damage to the enemy Titan.

On top of this, is a heavy PvP aspect. Upon killing a player, you will receive all souls that they had on them. If their souls were enhanced, then they will automatically become ordinary souls again. Seeing as the Soul Obelisk is in the heart of the map, you will have players fighting one another for large amounts of souls, so that they save time from killing monsters whilst simultaneously prevent harm to their team's Titan. Also, as you have to venture towards the other team's spawn point to damage their Titan, there will be a lot of emphasis on team work and stealth. For instance, you may wish to lay low in a less populated area of the map if you have a large number of souls, until your team is able to come and support you.

Mechanics

When you are killed by either a monster or another player, you will respawn in your team's respective base (Red Base / Blue Base). You will lose all souls and purchased equipment on death, and will be unable to leave your team's base for twenty seconds. This is to increase the value that every player's life holds. If you die, you cannot do anything to support your team, nor its Titan, for twenty seconds, and will also respawn away from the action.

When you kill a player, you will receive all of their souls, and any enhanced souls will be reverted to ordinary souls that will need to be enhanced again. You will not receive any equipment that they had.

All players will be given double health. This is because while PvP in this gamemode should be encouraged, it should be difficult to kill another player given the natural complexity of the game.

Blocks can only be placed along the path between each Titan, and each respective graveyard. You cannot place blocks in the centre, nor can you place them in or around graveyards.

Each monster will drop one soul when killed. Souls will be placed directly into the inventory of the user that killed the monster; they will not drop to the floor and require picking up.

Hunger will not deplete. This is to reduce the speed at which players heal; if you take damage then you are supposed to keep that damage for a very long time, as to not make PvP too difficult.

After half an hour, if both Titans are still standing, then whichever team has the most health remaining will win. If both teams have the exact same health, then it will be a Tie.

You can only break blocks that have been placed during the game.

You cannot change your kit mid-game, so be careful when choosing.

Monsters will spawn randomly around the debris on the outskirts of the centre. There will be an assortment of enemies, such as Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Magma Cubes, Blazes, etc. However given how defensive each kit is, and the fact that you have double health, monsters shouldn't be able to kill you. They will also not spawn in overwhelming quantities, and in most instances, you'll be fighting with your team mates to kill them first.

Kits

Titan
-
Diamond Helmet (Protection III, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Chestplate (Protection II, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Leggings (Protection II, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Boots (Protection III, Unbreaking X)

-Diamond Sword (Unbreaking X)
-Stone Pickaxe

Swordsman
-
Diamond Helmet (Protection II, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Chestplate (Protection I, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Leggings (Protection I, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Boots (Protection II, Unbreaking X)

-Diamond sword (Sharpness II, Knockback I, Unbreaking X)
-Stone Pickaxe

Nomad (Reference to host from Rs3)
-Leather Helmet (Dyed White, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Chestplate (Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Leggings (Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Boots (Unbreaking X)

-Iron sword (Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Pickaxe
-Splash Potion of Healing II (Cannot be used on either team's Titan)
-Speed I buff

Looter

-Diamond Helmet (Protection III, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Chestplate (Protection II, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Leggings (Protection II, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Boots (Protection III, Unbreaking X)

-Stone sword (Sharpness I, Knockback II, Looting III
-Iron Pickaxe
-Speed I potion

Robin Hood
-Leather Helmet (Dyed Green, Protection II, Unbreaking X)
-Leather Chestplate (Protection IV, Unbreaking X)
-Leather Boots (Protection II, Unbreaking X)

-
Bow (Punch I, Power IV)
-32x arrow (Naturally regenerates one per four seconds, cap: 48)

Equipment Area

The Equipment Areas are essentially shops, where players can purchase items with souls for use against the other team. Enhanced souls cannot be used to purchase items. Below are the following available items:

Item: Wisdom arrow (2x Spectral arrow)
Cost: 1x soul

Item: Barricade I (1x sandstone block)
Cost: 3x soul

Item: Barricade II (1x glass block)
Cost: 4x soul

Item: Cursed arrow (2x Slowness II arrow, 0:10)
Cost: 5x soul

Item: Potion of Healing
Cost: 8x soul

Item: Barricade III (1x Obsidian block)
Cost: 10x soul

Item: Snare (Splash potion of Slowness II, 0:20)
Cost: 12x soul

Item: Agility potion (Speed II potion, 1:30)
Cost: 14x soul

Item: Rapid Renewal (Regeneration I potion, 1:00)
Cost: 15x soul

Item: Vanish (Glass block that will turn you invisible for six seconds)
Cost: 16x soul

Item: Nomad's Helmet (Iron Helmet, Protection V Unbreaking X)
Cost: 24x soul

Item: Nomad's Chestplate (Iron Chestplate, Protection V Unbreaking X)

Item: Nomad's Leggings (Iron Leggings, Protection V Unbreaking X)

Item: Nomad's Boots (Iron Boots, Protection V Unbreaking X)

Item: Nomad's Bow (Bow, Punch I Infinity I Power V Unbreaking X)
Cost: 48x soul

Item: Nomad's Sword (Iron Sword, Sharpness V Fire Aspect II Knockback II Unbreaking X)
Cost: 48x soul

Maps
Maps will be very large and spacious, say the size of the average Survival Games map.
In fact, KitPvP / Survival Games maps could be altered so that they're compatible with this gamemode. Some good map examples include:

-Volcano map from Money Wars
-'Classic' from KitPvP
-'Savannah' from KitPvP
-'Flatlands' from KitPvP
-'Jurassic' from Survival Games
-'Soul Wars' from Runescape3 (Shown above in Diagram)

Perhaps a few Tower Defence map exteriors could also be modified to support this gamemode.

Rewards

Victory

-250xp
-40 points
-40% chance of cubelet
-5% chance of five cubelets
-1% chance of Cubelet Unlock Token (removes Cubelet requirement of any item of your choice)
-0.1% chance of Lightning Win Effect

Defeat

-40xp
-10 points
-10% chance of cubelet

Tie
-200xp
-30 points
-33% chance of cubelet
-5% chance of five cubelets
-1% chance of Cubelet Unlock Token
-0.1% chance of Lightning Win Effect

Achievements

Name:
Soulless
Requirement: Kill twenty players in a game of Soul Wars
Reward: 200xp, 50 points, 1 cubelet

Name: Titanfall
Requirement: Inflict 250 damage into the enemy Titan
Reward: 300xp, 100 points, 2 cubelets

Name: Nomad
Requirement: Run 26,000 blocks in a game of Soul Wars
Reward: 100xp, 25 points

Name:
Armageddon
Requirement: Kill 500 monsters in a game of Soul Wars
Reward: 250xp, 2 cubelets

Name: Pacifist
Requirement: Do not kill any players and win the game in Soul Wars
Reward: 200xp, 30 points

Name:
Unstoppable!
Requirement: Kill fifteen players without dying in a game of Soul Wars
Reward:

Name: One man Army
Requirement: Kill the entire enemy team in Soul Wars
Reward:

Name: Survivalist
Requirement: Do not die in an entire game of Soul Wars
Reward: 200xp, 50 points, 1 cubelet

Name: You can do better!
Requirement: Die fifteen times in a game of Soul Wars
Reward: 50 points, and a slap on the wrist

Name: The Nomad!
Requirement: Purchase all Nomad items from the Equipment Area in a single game of Soul Wars
Reward: 300xp, 100 points, 2 cubelets

Name: True Challenge
Requirement: Win the game within twelve minutes, without your Titan taking any damage
Reward: 12,500xp, 10,000 points, 5 cubelets

Opinions? Pls say you love it, this thread took me over an hour lol

Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Could you imagine if Eggwars took place on flat-land, rather than the sky?
I believe that was called Money Walls

I'll read through the suggestion for a bit and then give my view on it

Okay, so if I understand it correctly, this is somewhat of a mix of Tower Defense and Money Walls, except the monsters have a role.
It's a really interesting concept, but each monster being 1 soul, and the Titans requiring about a thousand souls to demolish?
I don't know how this would play out as it seems like a very complex gamemode, but I suggest the game being just a tad less time-driven

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
You got my support :p
It's a very unique and refreshing game. It will give a huge twist to Minecraft which will be appreciated by many, I think.

-1% chance of Cubelet Unlock Token
Umm, a what?

Also - it's possible that I've missed it - what monster do you have in mind for the graveyards? I'd prefer zombies or strays. :rolleyes:

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
You got my support :p
It's a very unique and refreshing game. It will give a huge twist to Minecraft which will be appreciated by many, I think.

Umm, a what?
Should've clarified, my bad. Item that unlocks any single item of your choice in the vanity menu for you.

Reactions: Buuuddy

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
I also believe that this is called money walls, However i think this has a different jist to it.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
That is an extremely well explained and well thought out thread. Woah. XD
I think this sounds amazing! I am curious about the 30 minute time limit. I have not played the original game before (haven't even heard of it), but from your description, it sounds like the game might take awhile. Maybe increasing the time limit to at least an hour?

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
That is an extremely well explained and well thought out thread. Woah. XD
I think this sounds amazing! I am curious about the 30 minute time limit. I have not played the original game before (haven't even heard of it), but from your description, it sounds like the game might take awhile. Maybe increasing the time limit to at least an hour?
The original minigame has a time limit of twenty minutes I believe. I think after an hour, people may begin to get bored, so if most games are ending to time then the health of the Titans could be reduced slightly :)

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
The original minigame has a time limit of twenty minutes I believe. I think after an hour, people may begin to get bored, so if most games are ending to time then the health of the Titans could be reduced slightly :)
I was just worried about the true challenge achievement. Gotta make sure you even have enough time to kill a Titan :P
Anyways, I would love to see this added!

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Just saying, theses protection values:
Robin Hood
-Leather Helmet (Dyed Green, Protection VII, Unbreaking X)
-Leather Chestplate (Protection VII, Unbreaking X)
-Leather Boots (Protection VII, Unbreaking X)
Are higher than OP eggwars. meaning it's a game of breaking armor, which is extra hard considering the unbreaking X on it.
Don't know how much of an impact not having leggings has, but this needs some rethinking. Other than that I completely love the game.

Reactions: larswijn

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture

Are higher than OP eggwars. meaning it's a game of breaking armor, which is extra hard considering the unbreaking X on it.
Don't know how much of an impact not having leggings has, but this needs some rethinking. Other than that I completely love the game.
Any missing armor with weapons this powerful will mean a quick death. Take for instance op egg wars. As soon as the helm and boots break, it's a matter of sevonds before the person dies. Even if they have a diamond chest and legs.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

As hunger does not deplete, it'll be very difficult to regenerate health. This way, the game isn't a complete slaughter-fest between players in the centre of the map, but any damage that you do deal to people will be significant for the next person that attacks them.

This also means that as players will be alive for longer, they'll have more loot on them and therefore though you won't get many kills in a game, each kill that you do get will be more rewarding c:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net

To add onto that: Eggwars also has at least sharp 2 on every melee weapon, so the prot 7 part is even more powerful.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
To add onto that: Eggwars also has at least sharp 2 on every melee weapon, so the prot 7 part is even more powerful.
Any missing armor with weapons this powerful will mean a quick death. Take for instance op egg wars. As soon as the helm and boots break, it's a matter of sevonds before the person dies. Even if they have a diamond chest and legs.
Lol okay looking back at it in comparison to the other kits, I can see how having Prot VII might be a problem. I'll reduce it a bit, thanks c:

Reactions: TheBrownster
D

Deleted member 169486

One wall of text later, I can say this sounds pretty cool. It will probably need a guide book longer then the bibol for new players to understand it, but it sounds pretty fun.

Reactions: larswijn and Sophie
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

98/100

all that effort and despite getting a perfect score from my superiors i never got a perfect score in my work immersion subject
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom