Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
So this thread will be all about food in eggwars and some suggestions I badly think need to added. Especially with golden apples.

Golden Apple (Normal Mode)
2 Gold ---> 10 Gold

Now, I know you're all going to say "That's way too expensive and it makes it more expensive than it is in hardcore!". Well that's exactly the point. Golden apples were fine in 1.8 as eating mid fight would make you good as dead. But that price is ridiculously broken for 1.9. Eating mid fight will just bring you right back to full health and makes it no fun when you have weak weapon and your opponent won't stop with the damn golden apples. In fact, killing someone with a gear disadvantage isn't difficult at all - but those damn golden apples cause them to keep upping you. Eating steak is much more risky as it doesn't regen you nearly as fast and only lasts for a few seconds.

Golden Apple (OP Mode)
1 Gold ---> 5 Gold

Same reasoning as above.

Notch Apple (Normal Mode)
Removed

Now you're probably wondering why this should be removed. In 1.8, which is what it was meant for, it basically made you invincible for 30 seconds. No big deal - just run until it's done. Notch apples are also a major incentive for base campers AND mid campers, and removing them would make them much less powerful than they currently are. But in 1.9, you're basically immune for 2 minutes with normal golden apples. This makes people way too powerful.

Notch Apple (OP Mode)
10 Diamonds ---> 32 Diamonds
Price should be increased to offer less incentives for it. Simple as that.

Now you're probably wondering "Why didn't you suggest the gapple gets a price increase in hardcore?"

In hardcore, not once have I seen someone use a golden apple in mid fight. Plus, you need them to regen and increasing them to 40 would be bad for hardcore in general.

Some tags: @KronosReeper @Gainfullterror @xRoguex

Last edited:

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Please do this.
I'm tired from strafing a guy for a straight 2 minutes because he had like 30 golden apples in NORMAL.
I'm fine with increasing the prices as they're too op in 1.9 anyway.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
To be honest, as great as they are, nerfing them like this isn't really necessary.
I never really run into chuggers that manage to actually kill me because of it, because you can do more damage overtime provided you have a somewhat-okay sword. (in my experience)
Having them be 24 gold in normal is just a tad to much in my opinion. I'd rather bump them up to 6 or 8 gold. Also, what about the healer kit?
Anyways, they can be annoying, but not to the point where a golden apple is rare to come by. A small increase wouldn't be too bad.

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
In my early eggwars days i used to use notch apples to win every fight in normal .Its a miracle i have never seen anyone use it in normal mode ever against me. Should definately be removed . Gapples should be 5 gold in Op mode in my opinion. And notch apples should not be 10 diamonds in op but instead 25 diamonds.

Im with you on hardcore. No changes needed other than a steak price drop to 10 iron .

Ehh golden apples should be 8 gold on normal mode not 24

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Alright, I agree with you all. How about making them the same price as hardcore in normal mode (10 gold) and 5 gold in OP?
Sounds good to me!

EDIT: I completely forgot to mention this:
I doubt that there's a need in removing the enchanted apple, as it's pretty easy to knock them into the void or make them waste it by running around. The enchanted apple can also come in handy when you jump down on an enemy base if you bridge from build limit.

Last edited:

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
But in OP I live off of gapples D:

Like I'm the kind of person who likes to have gapples in my left hand at all times for combat healing purposes.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I don't like these suggestions. If you're opponent is munching down on his stack of golden apples, keep hitting and break his armor. 64 golden apples won't stand a chance to a man in leather with a stone sword. I do that all the time, killing many players like that.
In OP mode, notch apples seem quite useless, simple as that.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I agree with the normal gapple increase, but removing notch apples from normal mode? Nah. They already are 32 diamonds which is quite a lot, and say the normal gapples indeed become more expensive, then they lose a lot of usefulness. I'm okay with it becoming more expensive though.
(and before anyone says "making it more expensive doesn't make it less OP", yes I know, but it does decrease the common-ness of it.)

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I don't like these suggestions. If you're opponent is munching down on his stack of golden apples, keep hitting and break his armor. 64 golden apples won't stand a chance to a man in leather with a stone sword. I do that all the time, killing many players like that.
In OP mode, notch apples seem quite useless, simple as that.
You should not need to break armor to kill people in normal mode.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Raising the price of the overpowered golden apple really won't do much
Especially on bigger maps since games generally last longer

Raising the price of the enchanted golden apple won't make a huge difference I mean how many people do you find with 10 enchanted golden apples
You can buy 1 enchanted golden apple and a few normal golden apples and for the time you have the enchanted golden apple's absorption you will be able to get it back by using a normal golden apple

As for raising the price in normal okay

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Raising the price of the overpowered golden apple really won't do much
Especially on bigger maps since games generally last longer

Raising the price of the enchanted golden apple won't make a huge difference I mean how many people do you find with 10 enchanted golden apples
You can buy 1 enchanted golden apple and a few normal golden apples and for the time you have the enchanted golden apple's absorption you will be able to get it back by using a normal golden apple

As for raising the price in normal okay
See , yhats a good(ish) point . If games are allowed to last long , people are going to get them anyways . Havent really seen anyone in op with more than 2 or 3 of those. Maybe a price increase will affect tyem this way "nah im gud with 1 golden notch apple"

Especially since some naps have a readily available tier 3 diamon generator

Aerlia

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2017
I agree with everything. The prices for golden apples and notch apples really need to increase.

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
I completely agree with you. I really do not like it when people keep on eating their golden apples when they are in a middle of a fight! One thing I do think is that you should change the price of the Notch Apple to 20 instead of 32 in OP mode. Keep in mind it is still OP. Other than that good work!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Notch apple is still usefull in half health mode, and for the price it's at, I think it's fine as it is.
I agree with everything else though, Gold apples and chuggers need to be a lot less common than what they currently are.
5- No Necro-posting, pointless posts that do not contribute to the topic in any way (Single word posts such as k, +1, ok, cool etc...), threads that the last post has been posted more than 2 weeks ago are not allowed to be revived (does not include forum games threads).
Lez I specifically mentioned that the thread was already beyond revival...
this is why I don't link old threads to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom