Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Hello. So I've been playing a lot more duels recently since FFA is something I don't want to bother with at the moment. Since I'm more invested into it now, I'd like some more changes to it.

First issue I have is with the queue. Sometimes I feel like I want to leave it because I have something else to do. I don't want to come back from being afk to find myself being crit out/ killed already. Of course I can just leave the lobby and switch to another, but I think a command that allows you to leave the queue would be of convinience. Or it can be something like when you die and turn into a spectator in gamemodes such as Skywars. What I mean by this, is that you have blocks or objects in your hand that you can click with to leave the queue or something. Just a minor change I want.

Second, is the amount of combat loggers you'll find in this game mode. People want to protect their kdr, so they do the obvious, they leave a fight they can't win. I'm not exactly sure what penalty they should receive, but can I at least get the final kill? I kind of want the stats to brag :p. Of course there will be players who crash mid fight, but I doubt this is the case in most terms. If you're crashing constantly, then maybe ya wanna avoid duels. It won't be any different from you playing with the constant crash.

Thirdly, the maps. There are some that are really nice and flat for pvp, such as the desert one (sorry too lazy to search up name). However you have some that are really messy for pvp. Like the one with mushroom and some pixel art I never really bothered to pay attention to. That map is really cramp, and there's pretty much only one tiny area for decent pvp. I just want more flat maps :v, ORRRRRRR. Let us be able to choose the maps we can play in. I mean, you can do this for pretty much every game mode so far, why not duels. What else about maps, oh yea. So I have the greatest opportunity to meet some players who would do things to get into spots you can't normally get into. I can report them, but I don't feel like pulling my screen recorder out every two minutes (an exaggeration obviously, but I don't have a screen recorder on constantly to avoid lag). So can you make those spots, such as the map that resembles a den/dining room, impossible to block glitch or get boosted up? Would really make life easier :p

These are my current wants, I could mention ranked duels, but it's pretty obvious what my opinion on it is (I want it too).

TL;DR
- /leave queue in duels command
- if someone leaves the match, count it as a kill
- maps selection, and other thingys (kind of hard to shorten it more than I really can, please read that paragraph at least :v)

Okay thanks for reading.

Last edited:

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Second, is the amount of combat loggers you'll find in this game mode. People want to protect their kdr, so they do the obvious, they leave a fight they can't win. I'm not exactly sure what penalty they should receive, but can I at least get the final kill? I kind of want the stats to brag :p. Of course there will be players who crash mid fight, but I doubt this is the case in most terms. If you're crashing constantly, then maybe ya wanna avoid duels. It won't be any different from you playing with the constant crash.
Me too thanks
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/improving-duels-and-ffa.205943/

D

Deleted member 100818

Hello. So I've been playing a lot more duels recently since FFA is something I don't want to bother with at the moment. Since I'm more invested into it now, I'd like some more changes to it.

First issue I have is with the queue. Sometimes I feel like I want to leave it because I have something else to do. I don't want to come back from being afk to find myself being crit out/ killed already. Of course I can just leave the lobby and switch to another, but I think a command that allows you to leave the queue would be of convinience. Or it can be something like when you die and turn into a spectator in gamemodes such as Skywars. What I mean by this, is that you have blocks or objects in your hand that you can click with to leave the queue or something. Just a minor change I want.

Thirdly, the maps. There are some that are really nice and flat for pvp, such as the desert one (sorry too lazy to search up name). However you have some that are really messy for pvp. Like the one with mushroom and some pixel art I never really bothered to pay attention to. That map is really cramp, and there's pretty much only one tiny area for decent pvp. I just want more flat maps :v, ORRRRRRR. Let us be able to choose the maps we can play in. I mean, you can do this for pretty much every game mode so far, why not duels. What else about maps, oh yea. So I have the greatest opportunity to meet some players who would do things to get into spots you can't normally get into. I can report them, but I don't feel like pulling my screen recorder out every two minutes (an exaggeration obviously, but I don't have a screen recorder on constantly to avoid lag). So can you make those spots, such as the map that resembles a den/dining room, impossible to block glitch or get boosted up? Would really make life easier :p

These are my current wants, I could mention ranked duels, but it's pretty obvious what my opinion on it is (I want it too).

TL;DR
- /leave queue in duels command
- if someone leaves the match, count it as a kill
- maps selection, and other thingys (kind of hard to shorten it more than I really can, please read that paragraph at least :v)

Okay thanks for reading.
Agree with all 3 of them, well.. At least rhe map choosing thing. I think you should still be able to have the maps that aren't flat. Removing them would ruin PvP imo.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
keep the maps that aren't flat, but add the map choosing thing so that people who don't want non-flat don't have to use it.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Agree with all 3 of them, well.. At least rhe map choosing thing. I think you should still be able to have the maps that aren't flat. Removing them would ruin PvP imo.
keep the maps that aren't flat, but add the map choosing thing so that people who don't want non-flat don't have to use it.

Yea, I just said I wanted more flat maps (or the option to choose the map we play in)

Reactions: Commissioned

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
IMG_2562.JPG

Bump

RafaCP

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2018
I'm totally with you, except at point number two. Why? , because when a player leaves a game, you automatically win. Nothing more to say +1

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
I'm totally with you, except at point number two. Why? , because when a player leaves a game, you automatically win. Nothing more to say +1
correct me if im wrong but you dont get the kill and they dont get the death.

RafaCP

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2018
correct me if im wrong but you dont get the kill and they dont get the death.
Well, I almost always play duels, and sometimes I get people who leave the game, at the first instant or later (maybe due to lack of connection, etc) and they give me 10 experience and 5 points, that is,I get the typical message "You win"

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
Well, I almost always play duels, and sometimes I get people who leave the game, at the first instant or later (maybe due to lack of connection, etc) and they give me 10 experience and 5 points, that is,I get the typical message "You win"
im confused because i just checked my stats, and I have 502 wins and 517 kills? so idrk what happens when your opponent leaves

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown

So why not compromise, it's safe to assume that most people will combat log much much later on into the battle, unless it's a really easy kit to use to quickdrop people (then wow, they have some skills at combat logging). So combat death shouldn't kick in the first 10 seconds after the duel starts.

im confused because i just checked my stats, and I have 502 wins and 517 kills? so idrk what happens when your opponent leaves

There was a glitch where the the winner of a match can jump off the map, and it counts as a kill for the opponent, or it can be a stat glitch. Should get that checked out :p

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
No if someone leaves before you kill them you get the win but not the kill
This is why I have 400+ wins but only 100 or so kills

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SugaaKat wrote on Reesle's profile.
i really hope this is the right place to write this (im really stupid and cant figure out the forum layout)
BUT HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BRO, I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE 😭
HOPE IT WAS THE BEST!!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
🤍
Matriox wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Beans
1714941476189.png

Did I do this right?
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
:disagree:
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
Top Bottom