Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How much of this thread do you agree with?

• Total voters
N

Nikboo

My intention wasn't to bash the party system. It is really good tbh, but today I experienced an incredible amount of issues with it, however you say it has been fixed. If so, fair enough. As for the minerware suggestion, it would be nice for the community to know if an idea is going to happen rather than being left in the dark.

There should be some kind of monthly update thread with all upcoming things (without dates ). That way we don't feel ignored, instead we will have things to look forward to.

That would be cool. But of course, do you really want another freebuild Soon(TM) issue all over again? I personally think Freebuild release dates were best left quiet.

As for the party system, there was a simple error and it should pretty much be fixed now. If there are any bugs, feel free to report them and tag me in it and I'll message the correct staff member.

ThatGrimCreeper said:
I would like to suggest a new area of cube. A prototype lobby. Before I get bombarded with "This is copying", I would like to say that just because something is good, doesn't mean it is out of the question.

Cool idea.
I believe John said on another thread that he's bring it up in one of his management meetings.

ThatGrimCreeper said:
Multiple streamers do this, Including Cube! During the CCGN stream, the /alert command isexecuted on a regular basis.

Well yeah. Cube is trying to advertise their own official stream on their own official server. That's a lot different than someone going around and spamming their youtube channel link.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Also, I'd rather they get the hacking thing sorted out. I haven't seen a decrease in them since sentinel rolled out, I'd rather they work on that then anything out of this forum tbh.

Reactions: TheFastBowler

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Glad to find that people agree to
1. What I had said in my thread
2. That Cube is generally not listening and it's a ruined server that nobody is going to bother to fix anymore - as Grim says, staff members need to learn to listen. Saying 'We're always happy to listen and make changes for our players,' and not doing it for many threads that have quality suggestions that could be easily implemented, xx_360noscope101's suggestion got so many votes for yes, none saying no, and still, it wasn't added, even though it was such a simple suggestion. I had mentioned in my thread as well that staff can say things but if they are not going to take action, then there's no point (Actions speak louder than words).
I know that the numbers may be a bit wrong, but it's not that hard for a normal person to tell that there's a massive player count drop. Yes, it's exam season I know, but you were still hitting way more players than you are right now last year.
@ThatGrimCreeper I would like to applaud you on making this thread.

CubeCraft, you must learn to realise that a lot of dedicated forum members have begun to leave. In this month, I have already seen over a few rant threads stating the same fact: that this network is ruined and is going nowhere.
There are always people to defend the network, but let's be honest, all of them are staff wannabes and the rest are staff members that half of the time I think shouldn't even have been chosen in the first place/are doing their job very poorly.
In my thread, I had mentioned a few examples of some really pathetic posts being made by staff members and I got a reply
"If these are the worst examples of our helpers acting unprofessionally that you can find, we are truly blessed. I've seen much, much worse from other server staff and even previous staff from Cubecraft years ago."

Oh! So it doesn't matter if the staff members are saying junk, because I've seen worse. Right?
NO! How does that even make any sense? Just because you may have seen someone saying something worse than a current staff member doesn't mean that the current staff member isn't being ridiculous.

You know, this server has gone to the dogs. I just can't help but say that there's nothing that can be done to fix it anymore. Even with all the rant threads.

Reactions: Neptuune

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
My filter works better than CubeCraft one does. At least it doesn't 'ban' ":)". :P

Overall, +1.
If they fixed and re-add MW, fix sentinel etc, I'm sure CubeCraft will reach 15K players, again.

Reactions: ElPtricko

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
What do you mean by "put a block above your head" and how would it stop fly hax which have already basically been eliminated on the server already?
Hackers can fly out their glass. If you place a block above his head, he cant more And he can fit fly When the games starts, not before.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Well yeah. Cube is trying to advertise their own official stream on their own official server. That's a lot different than someone going around and spamming their youtube channel link.
Thats fine but do they really need to abuse it? We dont even need to watch the stream they use it so much we can pretty much decipher the stream from the alerts, instead of an alert every 30 seconds or less (NOT an exaggeration) maybe they can do it once every 15 min?

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
You must be joking right?
Quality? Lmao!

It was the only thread I had written down on my phone, the rest had gone walkies. Even so, it was a simple idea that had no negative votes. Looking at you list of threads, it only further proves the point that we don't get listened to.

Also, on this note, try not to hate on the developers. They have little / no say in what it is they work on, and most, if not all of them, are overworked and are also quite young.

I actually have a tonne of respect for them. They are being given the things to do, it isn't their choice. I'm sure Cube employed more devs, and spent more time going through ideas before release, a lot of bugs would have been caught way before hand.

Another one of these threads... get in the bin.

Just goes to show how much of an issue there is. I'll let you sleep in the bin tonight x

Don't worry too much about the chat filter, I believe it was a mistake that some things changed on the main network.

Fair enough, main point has had a edit added :-)

Agreed, we mods can't really change the rules though, if we could it would've been improved already.

The rules have been the same for yonks, it must be hard for you staff to all operate the same, as the rules are just not clear enough. Maybe this should be something bought up in a staff meeting?

but we only implement them when we have enough to make a full update and actually feel like it needs an update.

If people knew their ideas were coming, they would be encouraged to keep making more good ones. If they feel ignored, they will leave the forums. Maybe add a recap thread with all upcoming updates every month or so? (No dates needed).

We've thrown around ideas about a 'prototype' lobby for a long time, even way before other servers did such things. I agree that it would be really nice to have, I just don't think we have the dev power to do such a thing at the moment, especially with all the updates we have planned.

No offence to block band players (cough powerranger), but the game has lost it's hype. This game could be removed to add a "PreRelease" lobby :-)

instantly started bashing the party system due to some failure with something else causing the party system to bug, and the same with the chat filter.

Wasn't my intention. Sorry for any confusion caused :-)

some teleporting issues that would occur when the box is closed off.

There are blocks surrounding you in SG, I am not saying you are wrong, I am just unsure how it would work in one game but not another.

Good luck testing something that's meant for large scale,

"Pre Release" Lobby.

Eventually there will always be a problem with the filter. It's natural.

It isn't just a single problem, and from my point of view, it could have been prevented with a little more vigorous testing :-)

I don't see why you assume that it's 10 minutes though. It's only 1 staff member who said it's every 10 minutes, therefore it not being set in stone.

I am running off of 10 minutes because that it what was advised to me by the member that muted me. This is just more the reason to have the rules changed.

Different staff, different opinions.

It really shouldn't be that way. All staff should operate using the same rules, not something they feel is wrong.

Some might just not like it & think it's a waste of time. (Some = people in the management team)

If it was a waste of time, people wouldn't spend their time to make threads like these.

And to your "proof" (staff not using it): What if they just don't need it?

Hubert got left out of around 2 games..... They needed it. However as stated above, the party issues seem to have been fixed, therefore I have edited the thread a little.

Nobody ever really said it was a completely horrible system.

I'm assuming you are talking about the filter here; a lot of people did. A few examples: Perds, Bowler, Deeds, Illuminati etc. Im sure we were not the only ones :-)

Useless: putting a block there will not stop a fly hacker he will fly around after everyone is released

It is far from useless in SG, but if it is an issue with teleportation, then fair enough :-)

is already in the process

Would have taken less than a minute or two to add. Most filters are a notepad++ file where you input words separated by a comma. (At least that is from my experience on a tiny server run on my local network).

who's to say that the staff team aren't going to put a block above players heads? maybe it was on their to-do list but they never got around to it

Maybe if we had some kind of monthly recap thread we would know if they had actually listened or not.

um actually you can't say any death threat and some you can say also have other meanings like Kys means kiss in another language

If "Free" isnt allowed (due to advertising) then why not add "KYS". All words can have other meanings in another language, but that doesn't mean they should be entirely excluded from the filter.

Today GingerGeek pretty much fixed a big bug with the party system so they are doing it

I have already edited the thread :-)

The biggest sin you have ever committed wow you evil

I cri every tim

That would be cool. But of course, do you really want another freebuild Soon(TM) issue all over again? I personally think Freebuild release dates were best left quiet.

I don't really see an issue with a monthly update thread. At least then we feel that we are involved with Cube's decisions. Dates don't matter to me, it would just be nice to know that there are good things over the horizon.

That's a lot different than someone going around and spamming their youtube channel link.

Not really, everyone should follow the same rules.
I've seen you blatantly allow people doing such things, I won't say anymore about that, as I cba with a petty argument.

I'd rather they work on that then anything out of this forum tbh.

A recap thread would at least ensure that we don't feel our ideas have been forgotten.

@ThatGrimCreeper I would like to applaud you on making this thread.

<3

Oh! So it doesn't matter if the staff members are saying junk, because I've seen worse. Right?

I didn't waste my time including this, as I knew it would get the same response, however I do agree with you. Cube should always be striding ahead to have the best protocols, behavior, and presentation,
not just thinking some ragging streamer that so "cuz blah" is not that bad.

If they fixed and re-add MW, fix sentinel etc, I'm sure CubeCraft will reach 15K players, again.

I still don't get why they removed MoneyWalls, look at block band, that is somehow still alive.

Thats fine but do they really need to abuse it? We dont even need to watch the stream they use it so much we can pretty much decipher the stream from the alerts, instead of an alert every 30 seconds or less (NOT an exaggeration) maybe they can do it once every 15 min?

100% agree. We should all be treated the same.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
For all of you that saw the recent CCGN stream, in the last game some fly hacker went around destroying every single egg (except their own). This thread is not a rant about the AC, that would just be wasting my time only to get the same old generic useless answers.

Simple solution?

Instead, I feel there is a simple way to stop fly hackers ruining a game before it even starts. Why not put a block above your head? Before I get screamed at for missing something, I have searched similar questions with no results, this is why I am asking here :) http://prntscr.com/f9tj9f

Blocks are already surrounding you in Survival games, but why not Eggwars. I know this has already been suggested before, but it seems to have been forgotten, this is the purpose of making this thread. Is there a reason why this suggestion cannot be completed (such as issues with code etc)?
Fantastic idea.

Chat filter rant:

As many of you may have already found out, the new chat filter is absolutely awful. You can say links in chat, say death threats, and still swear as easily as before, but somehow a simple emoji is not allowed.

YES, I already know this IS a bug, however you would think on an a sever with , that the staff team would test such an important plugin before releasing it to everyone?

I would also like to say, that adding "KYS" to the chat filter would save time for so many people. I can tell someone is going to say "Free reports", but on a server with a minuscule staff to player ratio, couldn't those staff be saving time on not answering such simple reports when a filter could do it for them. They could be doing something much more productive (I am NOT saying that looking at reports is not important).

It just seems stupid, that a server that is this big, doesn't think before they do....
It's being worked on. I contacted the proper devs about it yesterday and it should be fixed as soon as possible. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Spamming Rant:

Spamming on cube is not allowed, I have learnt this the hard way. Last week during one of my streams, I was muted for doing it myself. As I am sure many of you have seen, streamers will go through lobbies posting their stream messages. I was caught doing this, to be punished. I have been told, by Youn, to not advertise more than once every 10 minutes http://prntscr.com/f9tsce . Now knowing that this is not allowed, I have stopped, but there is two things about this incident that annoy the pants off of me.

1) Multiple streamers do this, Including Cube! During the CCGN stream, the /alert command is executed on a regular basis.

Infact, the command has been executed before the recommended 10 minutes http://prntscr.com/f9tuzq .
It just makes me laugh to think that they expect us to follow the rules, yet they can't even follow them themselves. Also, this message is put across the WHOLE server, across every single bungee (to my knowledge), so I am sure everyone has seen the message, so why the need to /alert so often?

2) I know a streamer that did this, and had a staff member that was regularly involved with their streams, but they did not get punished. I am not going to name names, because I am not that much of an idiot, but it's just a point to be made.

Please do not post comments on this thread saying "Oh, report staff abuse here:" , or "Well because one person does it, it doesn't mean its right". I fully understand that what I did was wrong, I am just making the point that looking at the circumstances, I feel the rules should stop being so bland, and actually say what is and what is not allowed. "Lightly" can have a lot of different interpretations.
One moderator's suggestion does not make it a rule. I didn't see your stream, so I can't comment on exactly how bad/benign your spam/advertising was, but we do ask that you be reasonable with your self-promotion. I personally requested that my followers don't repeatedly post my stream link last night because I don't want to upset players with constant links and advertisements. Maybe Younis overreacted slightly; I wouldn't know unless I sifted through all your streams. Just try to be reasonable with the amount of advertisement you do.

Ignoring suggestions:

I have been told PLENTY of times "If you have a suggestion, put it on the forums. We listen to you!

Here is a classic example of a quality thread being ignored: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/wait-for-it.176648/

As of right now, this idea has 69
Lol xD
positive votes. The idea was from last year, but it has still not been added. This kind of addition would not take long to add, but no, I doubt it will just be left to rot.

Same concept applies for the chat filter, I have seen countless people asking for simple things (such as death threats) to be added to the filter, but no. This would literally take minutes, but it is ignored, like most good suggestions.

I'm not saying that no good threads get accepted, what I am saying is that not enough get accepted. For such a massive server, you would think they would be doing everything possible to improve the players experience, but from my point of view, it doesn't seem that way.

Edit: Having some kind of monthly review would mean we don't have to worry that we are being ignored. All it needs to say is what is going to be added, it doesn't need to say when .
We don't add every single suggestion that gets a lot of positive votes. I remember Mac commenting this exact same thing, and a lot of other staff thought it would be a funny idea. It was either scrapped, forgotten, or just deemed not good enough. We don't ignore suggestions; we just don't take every single one of them.

In the case of death threats, as stated above, the chat filter is being worked on and improved. I once again apologize for the minor inconvenience.

This one makes me laugh so much:

In last weeks community stream, the staff could not stop bragging about this amazing new party system. I must admit, it is awesome, but it follows the same concept of most things on Cube. It's broke. There are a lot of bugs, that make this plugin longer to use than to just do things the old fashion way. The staff were funilly not using it this stream, I wonder why? Also, please do not say "Report bugs here", it will legit make me facepalm my desk.

This just makes me think, why not test things before claiming how good they are. Without getting forum banned, I would like to suggest a new area of cube. A prototype lobby. Before I get bombarded with "This is copying", I would like to say that just because something is good, doesn't mean it is out of the question.

This system that another rival server uses ensures that games get thoroughly tested before getting a full release, unlike the new chat filter. I am sure that you guys test everything behind the scenes, but testing it in some kind of "Pre release" lobby would mean that more bugs get found before a full release, this is simply because there will be more people to test it.

This could even be a perk for ranked players? However I am guessing this is against the EULA, so don't go tearing me apart over this suggestion.

Edit: The bugs seem to have been fixed, however my point still stands that if there had been more testing on a smaller, pre release Lobby, there would not have been the issue in the first place.
We do test things. We test them a lot. Sometimes, things just break, and there's no way to foresee them breaking. As you saw, the issue experienced with the party system has already been fixed. I intentionally used it on my stream last night to ensure that a large party (we had 13 people at the maximum) would work, and lo and behold, it did. Please don't facepalm too hard, but the best thing you can do is to post in bug reports so that we can quickly patch issues as they come up.

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
One moderator's suggestion does not make it a rule. I didn't see your stream, so I can't comment on exactly how bad/benign your spam/advertising was, but we do ask that you be reasonable with your self-promotion. I personally requested that my followers don't repeatedly post my stream link last night because I don't want to upset players with constant links and advertisements. Maybe Younis overreacted slightly; I wouldn't know unless I sifted through all your streams. Just try to be reasonable with the amount of advertisement you do.

Wouldn't it just be easier to update the rules? That way we don't have to worry about one staff member treating us differently to another? The rules are just way too flaky.

We don't add every single suggestion that gets a lot of positive votes.

I'm not saying add every suggestion, I just feel like not enough are added. Some kind of monthly review would mean we have things to look forward to, it would make us feel more involved with the direction in which Cube is going.

I once again apologize for the minor inconvenience.

I appreciate that it is being worked on, and I am sure this issue was not foreseen, but I feel that there could have been more planning. I can fully understand that things break, this is why they needed to be tested even harder to ensure that they do not break. I personally cannot see what is happening behind the scenes, so I don't know how much testing is involved, but a "Pre Release" Lobby could be a great place to test things on a larger scale :)

Please don't facepalm too hard

Don't worry, I put a cushion down to soften the blow :p

N

Nikboo

Wouldn't it just be easier to update the rules? That way we don't have to worry about one staff member treating us differently to another? The rules are just way too flaky.

I already mentioned to you on Discord that you don't need to blur me but yeah, it's the truth. I just want to be completely honest. The rules need working on. Even I was unsure during some situations as to whether something is allowed or not.
I can tell you though, that an action plan is in the works but there are a few things that need to be changed in order to change the rules in the first place. :)

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I'm not saying add every suggestion, I just feel like not enough are added. Some kind of monthly review would mean we have things to look forward to, it would make us feel more involved with the direction in which Cube is going.
Something that could be cool would be that staff members make a list of suggestions from the community they think are good, not publicly though, and then if suggestions get picked from the list for updates the people creating the suggestions will get mentioned in the update thread. A problem I do see with this is that once a suggestions is on the list it won't be posted on there again even though more people might suggest the same thing and they might complain if their name is not mentioned whilst they did suggest it.

This is just an idea though and in no way can I promise that this will be a thing.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
The first third of that post is #sogood I didn't even bother reading the rest. +1

Reactions: Grimmay
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on qExforce's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
JokeKaedee wrote on GameWizardWalks's profile.
happy birthdayy :)
Top Bottom