Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
So, you want to become better at a game that'll be done in a month? You've come to the right place. Snowman Survival may be a mix of Infection and Hide and Seek, but the way you play it is a whole lot different. I'll be dividing this thread into two sections: Snowmen and Survivors. Have fun, I'm going out now o/

Survivors

Team mates
Let's get one thing certain: Survivors are not your team mates; they're players with a mutual objective. Don't go near them thinking they'll have your back, spare no power-ups for them, and do not let them follow you around. In fact, avoid them like the plague, because the instant they become a snowman, they'll betray you.

Don't hide
Though the game feels a lot like Hide and Seek, hiding isn't really the approach you want to take on Snowman Survival, for a number of reasons. First of all, you're not acquiring power-ups (the extent of their importance will be documented below). Secondly, you're not being very evasive. Lastly, by the time you realise that your location has been compromised, it's ten seconds too late. Players often die in countless quantities because they find themselves in situations where the only exit is blocked.
upload_2017-12-17_14-3-11.png

An example of a horrible hiding place. You're out of sight, sure, but if just one player thinks to check here, you will die.

upload_2017-12-17_17-35-41.png

Another example of a player who is utterly done for if somebody finds them. Where are you supposed to go if somebody catches you here? One exit is blocked, and the other is still visible to the snowman regardless of where they're standing.

Keep moving
Even when there are no snowmen near you, you want to be moving around constantly. Try to picture every map as a big circle, so that a line of symmetry can be created anywhere on the map. You always want to be on the opposite side of wherever the snowmen are, to maximise your chances of finding a power-up whilst minimising your chances of death. Running around on the other side of the map to the snowmen is the best way to do these two things, and also means that unlike standing in one area, you're less likely to be sniped from afar or sneaked up on.

Power-ups
Playing Snowman Survival without using power-ups is like making an Ironmanbtw account on Runescape; everything is so much harder than it needs to be, and nobody even respects you for doing it. Power-ups are the reason winning as a Survivor is even possible, so never be afraid to venture from your hiding spot to find a few. The best power-ups would be Leap, Blink and Decoy, whereas the worst ones are Fireball and Gravity Grenade.

Decoys can grant you up to thirty seconds of near immunity if you hide it well. Don't place it right in the middle of the map, go find a place to stash it! Even when a tracker is activated, your decoy will disguise your location. The benefits of this power-up surpass all others by a wide margin, especially if you're lucky enough to find a handful of them in a row. If you have even one of these at your disposal and there's less than thirty seconds left to the game, you will win.

Leap and Blink are fantastic power-ups as well, enabling you to get out of any situation. The former will send you far but will make no effort to disguise your movements, nor is it easy to control. The latter will send you only a short distance, but will disguise your movements to some degree and is far easier to control. Stuck in an unfavourable position? Not with these things, you aren't.

Snowman Stabber is neat and all, considering it gives you an extra medal, but do not put your life on the line for it. Countless times have I killed players who have blindly ran towards me with a sword in their hand. If you're going to take the risk, have the snowman chase you around a corner, or attack them from above. You're literally bringing a knife to a gunfight, so the odds are already against you before the venue has even been decided. Use it in a part of the map that benefits you, not your opponents.

Shields can be pretty useful, but I personally prioritise the Instant Wall. The shield not only slows you down, but is one hell of a sad and predictable option. If a snowman sees you holding it they'll simply wait until it degrades before shooting you. The best option would be to not hold the shield until you really need it, thus also preserving its durability. Though, Instant Wall is still superior, not only protecting your front but also creating a gap between you and your pursuers.

Gravity Grenade and Fireball are... not too great. The former is unreliable (and noisy!) and the latter is inaccurate and doesn't even prevent your opponent from shooting. You'd be lucky to trade hits if you use this thing head-to-head with a snowman.

Don't taunt
Imagine dying because you were too cocky to distance yourself from the projectile-wielding personification of deep winter... It's the Minecraft equivalent of dying because you were too arrogant to wear a seat belt. The instant the snowman is decided, you should be running. Don't wait until the snowman has a chance to single you out because everybody else is out of sight.

This should be a given, but don't also taunt after landing a Snowman Stabber hit... you're just asking to be served a strong dose of revenge. Also a given, but don't just assume a snowman won't attack you because you have a power-up in your hand. They probably will, and you'll probably die.

Snowmen

Press F (But not straight away!)
Pressing F will do three things: First, it'll get you muted. Secondly, it'll slow you down for a short amount of time. Lastly, it'll highlight a survivor for a few seconds. Pretty useful, so don't forget to use it whenever you can!

Except, you shouldn't use it at the beginning of the game. When there are still six or seven survivors on the map, you really don't want to be brought down to a snail's pace just so you can track a player that you would've probably bumped into anyways. Press F only when there are few enough survivors left that you actually need help in finding them.

Learn the hit detection!!

The hit detection on those snowballs is GARBAGE! Countless times you'll have a player pinned up against a wall, but instead of shooting your snowball you'll end up punching them. Or, you'll shoot the snowball, it'll hit a corner of a wall and go bouncing towards the opposite side of the map, where it isn't worth chasing to pick up because of how far away it ended up.

If you feel that an obstacle might impair your shot, then use intimidation tactics. Approach the survivor so that they run away, and shoot them once they're in the clear of any obstacles or claustrophobic areas.

Leave the game

Okay, I hate it when people quit as the snowman. But in all honesty, if you want victory then selfishness is the path to take. Even if you somehow kill every single survivor in a full game, you'll only get seven medals, which you would've gotten had you lasted the whole game as a survivor. It's also not as much fun, because there's much less on the line. So what if you miss? You can try again in five seconds... But as a survivor, one screw up and your fun is over!

Hope this helped kbai x

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Learn the hit detection!!
The hit detection on those snowballs is GARBAGE! Countless times you'll have a player pinned up against a wall, but instead of shooting your snowball you'll end up punching them. Or, you'll shoot the snowball, it'll hit a corner of a wall and go bouncing towards the opposite side of the map, where it isn't worth chasing to pick up because of how far away it ended up.

If you feel that an obstacle might impair your shot, then use intimidation tactics. Approach the survivor so that they run away, and shoot them once they're in the clear of any obstacles or claustrophobic areas.
+ If they're in a small area with you, right-clicking (charged throw) the snowball is basically a guaranteed kill for you.
Right clicking is a great way to do a crossmap snipe and or hit someone in a high spot. In my experience, the snowball tends to have a tiny delay when you use the charged throw. It's incredibly helpful if a person is running in a very predictable manner, but are a reasonable distance away from you.

Snowman Stabber is neat and all, considering it gives you an extra medal, but do not put your life on the line for it.
Hey! don't tell me what to do!

Snowman stabbers are great. The effects don't stack as well as you'd hope it does, nor does it reset the stun timer if you stab him while he's stunned.
Well, technically it does, but in a somewhat messy way. If you stun a snowman twice, the stun counter will be reset when you stab him again, but he will be able to throw a snow ball despite being frozen ha in place. It's pretty weird, but you could potentially make use of this.

A snowman strategy that me and a few like to use, is the "fake afk" tactic. What we do is we get at least 2 players playing the game, and if one is the snowman, they act AFK. The "teammate"'s function is to lure other survivors into the "afk" snowman. Once people start taunting the "afk" snowman, everyone can be turned in a matter of seconds & the entire game can switch from 7 survivors to 2 survivors. It's a pretty fun strategy to use.
Another thing to keep in mind as a snowman: If players are hiding their decoy in a very small area like so:
upload_2017-12-17_14-48-53.png

(ignore the guy in front of me)
It's going to be tedious to throw the snowball in that little area. You also can't go inside of it and punch due to the weirdness with punching entities.
What's the solution?
Stand inside the so-called decoy and right briefly with the snowball. The charged shot will allow you to throw a snowball while being inside an entity, so those area's are no longer a threat. I've been in countless games watching people try to hit a decoy like that with a punch from a distance, and I think it's safe to say that that will never hit the decoy.

As a survivor, I actually advise hiding for the first minute or so of the game. It's pretty effective, and once you wait a bit, there will be power-ups left and right for you to use and evade the snowmen.
Another effective tactic as a survivor is to get a decoy, use it in a hidden place, and then run around collecting stabbers while invisible. The snowmen won't even know what hit them!
Yet another thing to do: If you get a decoy power up, remember when you used it. It only lasts 30 seconds, and you wouldn't want to be in the middle of all the action just to be revealed and make it worse. Something that also makes this a good idea is stocking up on decoys. If you know your decoy is going to expire soon, try to look for another decoy ASAP and then get into another hiding spot to be ready for the initial decoy to expire.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Survivors

Team mates
Let's get one thing certain: Survivors are not your team mates; they're players with a mutual objective. Don't go near them thinking they'll have your back, spare no power-ups for them, and do not let them follow you around. In fact, avoid them like the plague, because the instant they become a snowman, they'll betray you.
Well I try to save as much people as possible, the less amount of snowmen the easier the game.
Don't hide
I actually recommend hiding. The game is about surviving, stabbing snowmen is a side task. Time is everything, even if you only manage to hide for 10 seconds it can still be game changing. I won countless games simply by standing behind a sugar cane.
Also there's something called F5:
YT6kryA.png

Snowman Stabber is neat and all, considering it gives you an extra medal, but do not put your life on the line for it. Countless times have I killed players who have blindly ran towards me with a sword in their hand. If you're going to take the risk, have the snowman chase you around a corner, or attack them from above. You're literally bringing a knife to a gunfight, so the odds are already against you before the venue has even been decided. Use it in a part of the map that benefits you, not your opponents.
Ever heard of combining power ups? Simply shoot them with some fireballs and stab them afterwards. Or use your decoy to run through the map freely and stab snowmen.
Keep moving
Sometimes I just like looking at the view of people running away from snowmen. Also I enjoy waiting for power ups to spawn.
Don't taunt
OOPS....

Reactions: Komodо
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom