Not open for further replies.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Mac Wrote this thing said:
If you have 0-10 messages then it is highly unlikely you will be took on
I don't like the idea of message count being mentioned in the helper application thread as it leads people to farm messages by asking for locks and answering threads that have already been answered hours or longer before. I think this particular part should be replaced with something alongside he lines of:

"Become known on be forums and interact with the community"

Or simply,

"If your forums account is not active you will not be able to read the private message sent to you for the interview."

Also I would reccomend to people who respond to people who post how they applied for helper and don't have that many messages to tell them to become more known on the forums rather than telling them that they need to get 50 messages as this usually just leads to spam and doesn't help them at all become a helper. Or simply just give them this --> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/tips-for-helper.176536/ as it is the only place where they will get 100% correct advice on how to get helper.

With ♡,
the worst person to write a thread about message spam ;)

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Technically its a good thing people are getting spammed with the same answers on a particular thread, that just shows we have such a "want to help" community! However your idea is sound, if you are well known itll boost your chances its basically like getting a side opinion from someone else on what your like

Reactions: Power Ranger
D

Deleted member 269142

These are good points, and if the staff was a bit suspicious about this, they could check out the person's profile, couldn't they?

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
These are good points, and if the staff was a bit suspicious about this, they could check out the person's profile, couldn't they?
Yes I believe staff members check the profile of every application that's submitted to see what kind of messages they make ;) in the end the main point of this is to stop giving out advice to people who want helper telling them to have x messages. It'll benefit the person who wants to be helper more to tell them to maybe become acitive in the community by playing games with members on discord/teamspeak or suggesting ideas and giving your opinions on ideas (as said in the tips for helper thread) much more. ♡ Telling people to have x messages leaves out the important part of quality of messages. And even saying "quality over quantity" isn't very clear either. ♡

Rakion

Aug 2, 2016
Yeah, a 0-10 message is a bit too short. You want helpers commited to the social and in-game society, so it should be measured by time since someone could do 20 messages and just stop posting and wait until the application. They should see the quality of the message, or the comment.

OkGreat

Nov 6, 2016
Can't say I haven't done it.

Can't say I am doing it right now by posting on this.

I might be.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I agree. 10 messages is hardly an achieve,ent, as it takes less than 15 minutes to get that much.
Yea 10 could really only take you like 5-15 Minutes!
Yeah, a 0-10 message is a bit too short. You want helpers commited to the social and in-game society, so it should be measured by time since someone could do 20 messages and just stop posting and wait until the application. They should see the quality of the message, or the comment.
This isn't a suggestion about increasing the message cap ;) there is no message requirement to begin with ♡ I just think this particular sentence in the application thread should be replaced with something that promotes interacting with the forums community so that people don't think they need to spam and get x messages to be accepted. ♡ Also the second part of this suggestion is to just tell people to give better advice to people hoping to get helper rather than "get x messages"

Reactions: OkGreat and Rakion

Rakion

Aug 2, 2016
This isn't a suggestion about increasing the message cap ;) there is no message requirement to begin with ♡ I just think this particular sentence in the application thread should be replaced with something that promotes interacting with the forums community so that people don't think they need to spam and get x messages to be accepted. ♡ Also the second part of this suggestion is to just tell people to give better advice to people hoping to get helper rather than "get x messages"
Haha okay! I agree with you, should be a bit more detailed when it comes to forum activity, rather than "get x messages" yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats for moderator!!
Mintypie231 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations on mod (and orange tag)!!!
BicolourSine41 wrote on L1kii's profile.
Hello! How much xp still needed for level 315?
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thank you for everything and your hard work !! I hope i will see around
Top Bottom