Does Freeze Tag mode need rebalancing?

• Yes, slimes are too strong.

• Yes, slimes are too weak.

• No, it's fair game.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dashsmashing

Novice Member
Apr 7, 2017
Survivors in Freeze tag mode should be buffed. The game is not balanced and if you see the statistics for that game mode, Slimes win the vast majority of the time. Both camping of paralyzed survivors and slow running speed contribute to this.
  • A slight speed increase would allow survivors to dodge slimes somewhat easier.
  • Increased spawn rates for Reviving Grenade / Wands would ease the paralyzed survivor camping.
  • Game length should be reduced by 30 - 60 seconds.
  • (Maybe) Slime nametags should be visible for Survivors.
On the other hand, general changes for Slimes:
  • Slime's finder ability should be improved slightly. The colour of paralyzed players vs tracked players should be different. The cooldown time should be increased by 5 - 10 seconds (Too powerful in small maps like Toys and Forest)
OTHER:
Some ideas for Abilities and Maps:
  • Remove slime puncher. It's useless! (or add extra ammo)
  • An ability that allows you to place a pin anywhere on the map on 1st Right-Click and the 2nd Right-Click teleports you to back to that position. Expires 30 seconds after pickup (balance).
  • Add another quadrant to the Toys map. Make the house a rectangle shape from a birds eye view. The additional space gives room for both survivors and slimes to play. It could be designed in various ways. Maybe, make it open with different levels like a bookshelf.
  • There should be 1 more slime on the map Pirates as it is so big with multiple levels and doubly hidden spots.
Normal mode is pretty much completely balanced in my opinion. :)

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
To be honest, I find that whatever team I'm on pretty much always wins unless I'm playing with a well-known player for being good at Slime Survival such as Block_Head_2k or you. However, this is because I have played more than three thousand games and got a lot of experience. I'm sure everyone would know this isn't simply coincidence because my team wouldn't ALWAYS get lucky or ALWAYS be experienced. I will be thinking back to when I hadn't played so many games so that I'm speaking like a normal player would instead of just saying "It's easy for any team to win if one team member can dodge all four slimes at once."
A lot of the time, slimes win because of the bonus of so many players showing their powerups. Slimes that see their showing powerups in their hands will know what to expect. I think the game would be a lot more balanced if players thought to hide their powerups, which is easy to do, all they have to do is select a different slot in their hotbar, then switch their selected slot back to the item when they want to use it. Players also often use shield even when they best know no slimes are around. Excluding these basic tips they never use, I do think slimes are a bit powerful.
Back to talking like a very experienced player, you don't often see this in chat.
upload_2019-7-22_14-42-26.png

Players often don't know how to recover theirself. (Throw a survivor recover grenade straight up right before death.) Most players don't know awesome techniques like this, being another reason the slime team often wins.

Anyways, what I have been getting to is:
I agree with you.
In a normal game of slime survival with players of average experience, you are right - the slimes need to be debuffed or the survivors need to be buffed.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎂🎉
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #50-
It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.”
An estimated 50% of all gold ever mined on Earth came from a single plateau in South Africa: Witwatersrand.
The Grand Canyon is 900 times deeper than an Olympic swimming pool.
Upto 128 Strongholds can spawn in one Minecraft world (java).
Reesle wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday Luca! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥧✨
Happy Birthday @Camezonda ! Hope you have a great day :D 🎂🎉
Top Bottom