Votes: 12 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungPablo

Jan 25, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
Hello, @Nutuu and @_The13thDoctor_ . I changed the sub-mid islands, and I added new screenshots of sub-mid and mid. @Tinyboy03 // EasyNorth also told me that it would be a camper's map, if the mid would stay the way it is. So I really had to change that. The sub mids are bigger as the lanters are smaller now. And I removed the tree.

I filled up the towers with black wool. You cannot go inside now, and so, I hope, I will reduce campers. I also made the starter islands bigger, but I want your opinion on that first. Are they big enough now? I also want to change the bricky things at mid, are they big enough?

Here is a screenshot of how it would look like when changed:
View attachment 161472

View attachment 161473

Awesome work!! like I said before, But I think the sub-mid islands still too small, and taking a better look of the middle island you should do it more bigger on my honest opinion at least 2x , but still some awesome work and pretty good quality. Keep up the good work! ;)

EasyNorth

Dedicated Member
Dec 23, 2015
tHe nEtHerLaNDs
Hello, @Nutuu and @_The13thDoctor_ . I changed the sub-mid islands, and I added new screenshots of sub-mid and mid. @Tinyboy03 // EasyNorth also told me that it would be a camper's map, if the mid would stay the way it is. So I really had to change that. The sub mids are bigger as the lanters are smaller now. And I removed the tree.

I filled up the towers with black wool. You cannot go inside now, and so, I hope, I will reduce campers. I also made the starter islands bigger, but I want your opinion on that first. Are they big enough now? I also want to change the bricky things at mid, are they big enough?

View attachment 161472

View attachment 161473

Thanks for listening! ;)
It looks really goood!!!! Keep it going :P

Reactions: EasyStoeptegel
D

Deleted member 373055

Awesome work!! like I said before, But I think the sub-mid islands still too small, and taking a better look of the middle island you should do it more bigger on my honest opinion at least 2x , but still some awesome work and pretty good quality. Keep up the good work! ;)

I am considering to make it bigger, and it is not difficult as I have a plan on how to do it. Shall I build it for you so you can see it?

On the other hand I am trying to make the map a balance for everyone, so that everyone can like it. So. I am very interested in the opinion of others about the size of the middle. @Tinyboy03 // EasyNorth , what do you think for example?

ItsMaxxie

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2017
Map name: London

Creator of the map: Edwinus

This is London, the first map I've ever made for Cubecraft. The theme is city-like, just like the map 'Paris'. Instead of the Eiffel tower, I built the Tower Bridge at the center, surrounded by lanterns and islands with telephone boxes.

The Tower Bridge is a bit large, and it can encourage campers, but I hope it is easy enough to kill them as there are more ways to the highest floors. I can imagine players fighting on the bridge, upside or downstairs, I think it would be very cool.

This map is built for twelve players, solo Skywars. For every island, there is a lantern-island, which counts as a sub-mid island, where you can find one chest. Every players has access to three chests on his/her starter island and there is access to one chest on the sub-mid island. The islands are flat, but you can find a little cave on your starter island to prevent archers from shooting at you.

Regarding obstacles, on every starter island, there is a tree and a telephone box. On every sub-mid island, there is a small tree and lantern as decoration and obstacle.

Please tell me what can be improved and I will update it.
Wow this map is just next level I love that building structure ;):) good job

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland

View attachment 161472

View attachment 161473
Still no space for pvp.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Dreym

Oct 9, 2016
United Kingdom
Outrageous comment but I'd love to hear from others. As someone who spent a lot of time growing up in London, one of the main things you see is the double decker red buses and black London Taxis. If there could be incorporated in some way, maybe a large junction as the "sub-mid" islands, I think that would give you a lot more PvP area and also add a more London vibe to the whole map. At the moment, this is very much "Tower Bridge" and not much england.

Also, the weather should be constantly set to raining (kappa)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

View attachment 161472

View attachment 161473

I will never change my vote because of the towers, they encourage camping and they would be a huge issue. Sorry.

Also, @Dreym rain would cause lag for people.

D

Deleted member 373055

Great map, I would love to play on this map just make the islands bigger like others said.
Hello, I've made the islands bigger. I will change the screenshots and send you some:

2020-03-30_19.22.05.png

@Dreym I do not live in London and made my interpretation. But thank you for your critisism. I also do not think that people living in Paris think that the map Paris is what they interpretate as Paris. After all, isn't is true that every person thinks of other things of one country or even a city? I will not change the buildings and the characteristics. I googled 'characteristics' and built what I thought of. It was maybe a better idea to DM you first, but thanks for the feedback after all.

I will, however, change the way it is built for pvp'ers, as it is really important that you can just play the map. Thanks to the people who commented on that.

But... Would you change mind when changing the map name to 'Tower Bridge'? I doubt the people who voted yes bother the map name, and I think it fits as well. It is really based on the Tower Bridge indeed. More people said that, like @Miauw So thank you for suggesting that.

Reactions: Dreym and Passer
D

Deleted member 373055

It doesn't change much, people can break into them and build in them or scale up the length and camp on top.

Besides that islands space for PvP is still kind of bad and the amount of chests is still too great.

Yes, but you cannot break into the towers. They are completely filled with wool. There is no inside, only wool and wool is very difficult to break. It is not empty from the inside. There is nothing more I can do except for placing obsidian... Look at the map Paris. You''ve got the tower of Eiffel there, and people do not often go in there because there is no way to go upside. That is where I got my inspiration from. I will not remove the hole Tower Bridge however, it is really where my map is based on. Do you bother if the map is called 'London' or 'Tower Bridge'?

I will be looking at the amount of chests and pvp room though, thanks for the feedback again. I do not think there are really that many chests on mid, as you often have a lot of chests on mid. The amount of chests now is 8, 4 on each side of mid.

I have been thinking about reducing the amount of chests on a starter island. There are 12 starter islands, and also 12 sub-mid. You have a chest on every sub-midisland, so if I put two chest on every island, every player has - in theory- three chests to open, without going to mid. What do you think of that? I will be still looking at pvp space, especially on mid I think - do you think middle island or the starter island has too less space? - and I can do something about pvp space at the starter islands as well, if you think that works better.

I will be trying to fix your issues, and I am very thankful for you being honest and giving fair, useful critisism - I think the map would not be very nice as it is now without your feedback - but I will never remove the Tower Bridge. I hope you understand that, it's something personal maybe.

You see, it's trying to find balance between a fancy map and a good pvp-map. I think making barriers is fun in pvp except if you cannot aim that well, but I understand people want a reasonable pvping experience and enough room. Making more room on the islands can be done by reducing detail. I can lower the telephone boxes by one block for example, and reducing the roots of the trees, which creates a lot of space for pvp. However, making it a bit less pretty. Luckily, I did not receive any critise yet on my buildings, but I really want to make a good-looking map. Do you think I should do that or shall I just make the islands bigger?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, but you cannot break into the towers. They are completely filled with wool. There is no inside, only wool and wool is very difficult to break. It is not empty from the inside. There is nothing more I can do except for placing obsidian... Look at the map Paris. You''ve got the tower of Eiffel there, and people do not often go in there because there is no way to go upside. That is where I got my inspiration from. I will not remove the hole Tower Bridge however, it is really where my map is based on. Do you bother if the map is called 'London' or 'Tower Bridge'?

I will be looking at the amount of chests and pvp room though, thanks for the feedback again. I do not think there are really that many chests on mid, as you often have a lot of chests on mid. The amount of chests now is 8, 4 on each side of mid.

I have been thinking about reducing the amount of chests on a starter island. There are 12 starter islands, and also 12 sub-mid. You have a chest on every sub-midisland, so if I put two chest on every island, every player has - in theory- three chests to open, without going to mid. What do you think of that? I will be still looking at pvp space, especially on mid I think - do you think middle island or the starter island has too less space? - and I can do something about pvp space at the starter islands as well, if you think that works better.

I will be trying to fix your issues, and I am very thankful for you being honest and giving fair, useful critisism - I think the map would not be very nice as it is now without your feedback - but I will never remove the Tower Bridge. I hope you understand that, it's something personal maybe.

It's still easy to camp, it dosen't matter. Last time I checked you had multiple double chests and normal chests at mid which is a lot for a solo map. The PvP space is still quite small and on 1.8 you'll either get stuck on something or hit someone off in a hit or two.

The islands should be a bit farther from half mid and mid and bigger. Yes. Also, there have been submissions in the past with tons of yes votes denied because of tall and large buildings so be wary.

YoungPablo

Jan 25, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com

You see, it's trying to find balance between a fancy map and a good pvp-map. I think making barriers is fun in pvp except if you cannot aim that well, but I understand people want a reasonable pvping experience and enough room. Making more room on the islands can be done by reducing detail. I can lower the telephone boxes by one block for example, and reducing the roots of the trees, which creates a lot of space for pvp. However, making it a bit less pretty. Luckily, I did not receive any critise yet on my buildings, but I really want to make a good-looking map. Do you think I should do that or shall I just make the islands bigger?

People don't usually go on top of the Eiffel Tower that's a perfect example on this situation, I don't really see the point of changing the middle, I think he just have to build it extent in order to have a perfect space for PvP and a reduce certain of chests in the middle, building the mid-islands large too, in order to have a decent space too, and adding some extra space between mid-islands and the respawn islands would be necessary for this map. once again this is just my opinion.

D

Deleted member 373055

8 chests at mid, 4 in every tower. Is there anything else you think I can do against campers, except for destroying the towers?

Do not worry about the islands though, I can change that.

By the way, I do not update the pictures of the thread often, as I keep updating them otherwise, so I am sorry for that. Can you take a look at the pictures I send as a reply? Those are the most recent pictures - and there are no double chests anymore :p

Still no space for pvp.
I have researched some maps and there are much smaller islands on other maps. Keep in mind that this is solo skywars for only 12 players. I will still change the sizes, I will pvp more times with my friends on it, and I will give feedback to myself.

People don't usually go on top of the Eiffel Tower that's a perfect example on this situation, I don't really see the point of changing the middle, I think he just have to build it extent in order to have a perfect space for PvP and a reduce certain of chests in the middle, building the mid-islands large too, in order to have a decent space too, and adding some extra space between mid-islands and the respawn islands would be necessary for this map. once again this is just my opinion.
Hello @YoungPablo , thank you again for giving your feedback. I feel like you were right. I made the islands bigger including the space between them:
2020-03-31_01.00.52.png
2020-03-31_01.01.15.png

The sub-mid islands are still close to eachother though, as I recently made them bigger.

I received my first test results. I played this map with a few friends and encountered a few problems:
- Obstacles
- Space between the islands

As a result of this test, I made this change to it, and I made the lanterns less detailed, so the sub-mid islands are now completely flat except for the leaves. I also made the islands bigger, although I did not encounter too much knockback - pvp'ing at all the islands (1.9) felt good and normal - I made the sub-islands bigger. This because of 1.8. I will update this thread tomorrow, as it is late now, again. I have been spending a lot of time into improving this map, yesterday and today, as it costs a lot of time to build the islands by hand. I think islands made by hand, like I did, looks much better than Worldedit islands, but it costs a lot of time :p.

2020-03-31_01.11.22.png

I can even make more space, but I think that will slow down the playtime of this map. I heard a lot of people complaining about campers. I do not know what it is, but a friend of mine also said that it is still a 'camp' map, just like @_The13thDoctor_ explained as well. So I am still trying to find this out by playing more matches with friends. Thanks to @Tinyboy03 // EasyNorth for making the test server, by the way!

So, what I did to reduce campers:
- Space between islands not too large;
- Impossible to enter the towers.

You can still go upside by building by building a one by one tower or something, but you will not find anything there, just another small bridge. In addition to that, you will probably be shot down. And in case there is a very small chance of campers building to that bridge up high, you should not have voted 'no projectiles' then.

So I hope that I solved the camper's problem.

It's still easy to camp, it dosen't matter. Last time I checked you had multiple double chests and normal chests at mid which is a lot for a solo map. The PvP space is still quite small and on 1.8 you'll either get stuck on something or hit someone off in a hit or two.

The islands should be a bit farther from half mid and mid and bigger. Yes. Also, there have been submissions in the past with tons of yes votes denied because of tall and large buildings so be wary.
I really understand your problem, as I know that tall buildings should be avoided. I read everything and prepared for building and changing this map.

As you can see, I reduced the length of the building, by keeping a bit of width. I do not know if someone has seen it, but I can illustrate it with the tower of eiffel in Paris, that is also a bit smaller but with an increased width:
2017-09-30_14-20-28-png.138143

By the way, if you take a look at the earlier Paris map:
2014-07-09_14-25-36-png.14588

The islands are too far from mid, and the map was updated as a result of that, so I tried to keep the islands closer to eachother. I think there is even more space on the starter islands on my map than on the new Paris one. The sub-mid however, is a different story, like mid. I will play some more test matches and some matches on modern skywars maps on Cubecraft, to see what I will implement.

Hello everyone!

I updated almost everything! Small changes, but necessary, and it resulted into a nice test match where I did not encounter problems with knockback in 1.9. I have made the islands bigger as you can see, all the islands. I made the middle island bigger by a few blocks, and the sub-mid as well, like @YoungPablo suggested as well as the starter islands, those already were bigger. @Nutuu , I propose there is enough space now for 1.8 pvp? You cannot go upside, so pvp'ing there is no issue and campers cannot go there. Also, 1.8 pvp is an issue everywhere in skywars. That is just how 1.8 pvp works and I am afraid I can do much about it. I can make it bigger and bigger and bigger, but 1.8 pvp still will be a problem, because of the knockback like you said. However, thanks to the barrier at mid and the leaves at sub mid and the telephone boxes at the starter islands, you can play in a way that you will be not kocked off in 1.8. @Passer, I made the islands bigger now.

@_The13thDoctor_ , I hoped that I ensured that pvp is fun on this map. The testings did not show knockback-problems whatsoever. But I played on other maps on Cubecraft as well, and founded out that the starter islands were indeed bigger on some maps, on others however, they were much smaller. I think, honestly, that it is on the small side, but it does not make it not fun anymore. Besides, a map could be also only added on 1.9. That is possible. About the large building, I do not see why that is an issue anymore. I did everything to prevent campers, and like others said, it is also no issue in Paris. You can always build up high and make a camper's base, but that can happen in every match. Large towers do not say: 'Come, go upside and build to the top!' They do not encourage that, like the tower of Eiffel on Paris also does not.

@Axyy , as a result of your feedback and that of @YoungPablo, the space between the islands is larger. On other maps again, I saw that some islands were even closer but on a lot also further away. I think that would be the uniqueness on this map, that it is not too large and not too small.

@Miauw and @Dreym I changed the map name to 'Tower Bridge'. I think that there is a lot more to London then only the Tower Bridge, and otherwise, it would be the Big Ben tower, like the tower of EIffel is the most famous building in Paris. Also, there is room to pvp now.

So, please look at the new pictures guys! The changes may look small, but it had a real impact on pvp, positive impact. And in 1.9, pvp is perfect in my opinion. It is not a camper's map however, it is faster paced then you think. Maybe because of the amount of test players, but it is really fun to play on, and the islands are interesting. You can see the new screenshots! I updated the screenshots!

Attachments

• 2020-03-30_21.02.11.png
    2020-03-30_21.02.11.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 2020-03-30_21.06.01.png
    2020-03-30_21.06.01.png
    942.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 2020-03-30_21.06.05.png
    2020-03-30_21.06.05.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:

EasyStoeptegel

Mar 20, 2020
Rotterdam
Really nice map and in the time you made it, very good. But the whole idea of skywars is that you have to pvp and build and I think the part building is more fun if you take away a middle island, not from the big towers but from the smaller islands. But the map is beautiful :)

ImOmega

Jun 30, 2016
Great map, but I like the maps with the center also Field or Ping Pong that they have the center bigger, if you like my suggestion try to put in the next map that you make, good work with this map, look so cool! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Mayday! Mayday! Its May Day!!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Top Bottom