Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 352903

Hi,
So some days ago I suggested this. Staff disliked it, so here are more suggestions that'll make the ammount of toxicity decrease:
When typing <insert something toxic here>, the chat will look like this to you:
Somebody was slain by Somebody1
Somebody2 was slain by Somebody3
Somebody4 was slain by Somebody5
Spuuuni was slain by Somebody6
;Gold; Spuuuni: noob
Somebody7 was slain by Somebody8

BUT the chat will look like this to everyone else:
Somebody was slain by Somebody1
Somebody2 was slain by Somebody3
Somebody4 was slain by Somebody5
Spuuuni was slain by Somebody6
*nothing*
Somebody7 was slain by Somebody8

You'll be the only player able to see your 'noob', 'cleaner', etc messages.

It could be toggleable!!!!!! You'd be able to choose between toxic-chat and not-toxic-chat.

Pros:
- The chat will look cleaner more clean!!!! No 'noob's no 'cleaner's, only gg's!!!!!
- More

Cons
- Bypassing. "Oh, so no-one is able to read 'noob'? k, N88B". I guess we should report it as a bug, that's it :l
- More
OR
OR
A random staff member will automatically /msg you when typing 'noob'.
;Gold; Spuuuni: noob
[SrMod] Younisco -> Me: no u

(This suggestion won't make people stop being toxic but it's fun lol)

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
I see suggestion two having the most potential. It's pretty funny to divert someone's insulting words into harmless random sentences or even compliments and it also makes the chat look a lot more friendly and clean; perhaps even influencing the new youngsters joining the server to give compliments instead of insults.

People take PvP far too competitive than it really has to be in my opinion. I think it's because of the recent (2017, 18ish) YouTube channels based mainly on SkyWars (or other PvP games) performance making some people who watch it very determined to perform on a same level, increasing how serious the game is taken, but that's just my two cents on the whole toxicity trend that has been going on.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
you cant stop toxic people XDD
But there's a difference between reducing the amount of toxic people and getting rid of all of them.
I'm pretty sure Spuuuni is very much aware that you can't get rid of all of the toxic people but there are almost no non-toxic players. That's just insane and it should change.

About the suggestion:

Suggestion 1: I can see where you're coming from and I like the suggestion but my only problem is you're bascially adding another chat filter. But this time it's worse. What if it accidently blocks another totally normal word and you're trying to say something that includes that word. Now you don't know people didn't get the message because you think it has been send.

Suggestion 2 + 3 are fine by me xD

Blank

Sep 19, 2017
Egypt
But there's a difference between reducing the amount of toxic people and getting rid of all of them.
I'm pretty sure Spuuuni is very much aware that you can't get rid of all of the toxic people but there are almost no non-toxic players. That's just insane and it should change.

About the suggestion:

Suggestion 1: I can see where you're coming from and I like the suggestion but my only problem is you're bascially adding another chat filter. But this time it's worse. What if it accidently blocks another totally normal word and you're trying to say something that includes that word. Now you don't know people didn't get the message because you think it has been send.

Suggestion 2 + 3 are fine by me xD
ye pls dont add chat filters XDDD

EGIIIIIIIIRL

Novice Member
Aug 10, 2018
actually, the first suggestion could work, I agree with this
and the second one could be fun too, justdon'tcopythesamehypixelmessagesimeanwhat

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Suggestion 1:
I don't want to see this feature on the server because it won't stop people from being toxic, and 'cleaner', 'noob' and other insults are not the worst words on the Earth, right? I mean, yes, they could annoy you in some way, but I don't think the words should be hidden.

Suggestion 2:
In my opinion this is the best way to stop toxicity. For example: 'R3kt' would be 'gg' and 'cleaner' would be 'I love you'.

Suggestion 3:
Yes, it's funny but like Quetzi replied to an other thread:
Ultimately, trolling our playerbase is probably not the best idea though ^^
I assume that it's not a real staff member replying to you, which means that staff is trolling you and that makes the team seem less professional. And what if you make a joke? Every time when you say 'noob' a random staff member replies. That's just annoying.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I wonder why you are so desperate to fix toxicity in Skywars. I think it's impossible to fix it.

All your suggestions seem to be based around this concept: If you type something salty, it gets fixed.
People will just avoid typing these things and make synonyms for it, just like 'ez' turned into 'e/z', 'noob' into 'nub', etc.

Reactions: Priley

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Fix the player base. Be more strict on toxicity. No need for chat filters etc.

Punishments must be set if Cubecraft or us, really want a clean environment to pvp in. There will always be methods to bypass filters. I am okay with getting rid of people that promote a toxic environment. More people will turn to being toxic because of 1 guy and it becomes a chain reaction.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I feel that the /ignore command would come in handy for this. Not everyone may know about it, but anyone who reads this post will now know about it.

Option 1: I'm personally not a fan of not showing everything that goes on in global chat to everyone that is there.
Option 2: That thread is already escalated. I personally feel like changing words to be other words would make people want to say more bad things to the point of spam.
Option 3: As a staff member, I say nopls. Though as a regular player, I say the same thing. That's just not the way to go about things.

Reactions: Fliqa

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
About suggestion 1,
This wouldn't improve things in the slightest; people would just type something extra in their message to avoid it (e.g: "you are a noob u know that")
Yes sure, you could go ahead and make every sentence which contains the word "noob" (and others) invisible, but then what about people who just say "noob" as a joke? (e.g: "You're a noob :p")

It just would result in messages which shouldn't be blocked getting blocked because of another chat filter, no thank you

My thoughts on suggestion 2,
I never liked the idea of transforming toxic words into nice words. I myself play Hypixel quite a lot and personally I just say "ez" for fun and to see what message will pop up. Most of the time my opponent gets pretty annoyed
This also wouldn't change a single thing as people would still know what you were trying to say

And now suggestion 3,
A huge no to this one too, why would you even want to troll players like that? Even if this were to be implemented, which will never happen, people will just figure out if the message is real or fake

A huge no to all three suggestions

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Toxicity is fun, remember you than you are playing with players and no bots.

If people cant be toxic, you can say no u anymore

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game