Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think a leaderboard would be a good addition to the game?

• Total voters

MarkRutte

Mar 9, 2020
So I don't know if this has been talked about before, or if the admins are already setting this up but i had a few ideas about a leaderboard system in Skyblock. If you are at the last island and have completed almost all the quests there isn't much to do anymore. You can grind for money, but there isn't anything to buy with it. That's why I think implementing a leaderboard would be a great addition.

The first way to rank players on skyblock that i have thought of is to keep count of how many of x they have mined/farmed, and then to rank them, so the person that mined the most coal would get #1 for that spot, the person that farmed the most carrots would get #1 for that etc.

The second way to do this and the way that I prefer is by calculating the entire "net worth" of the skyblock. You could give every "rare"block a worth (so spawners, ores, iron/diamond blocks) and then the amount that they're placed on the skyblock would calculate the worth of it. You could even decide between the stuff that has been bought (so excluding ores/spawners you already got from islands) or just everything.

These are just some random thoughts I had because I think the endgame of skyblock is very much lacking when there aren't any quests to do anymore, and I'd like to hear your opinion on it. Also english is not my first language so if there are any grammar/spelling mistakes, my bad :)

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I believe in some of the Skyblock announcement posts someone from the Admin team said they are not going to add leaderboards right now, because staff members were going to be on the top since they had early access.
In my opinion we should wait a month more before seriously asking for Skyblock leaderboards.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
The second way to do this and the way that I prefer is by calculating the entire "net worth" of the skyblock. You could give every "rare"block a worth (so spawners, ores, iron/diamond blocks) and then the amount that they're placed on the skyblock would calculate the worth of it. You could even decide between the stuff that has been bought (so excluding ores/spawners you already got from islands) or just everything

For me, this is the best way to do it, there was an issue in 2015 Skyblock where people would keep crafting diamond blocks and placing them randomly on the island and that was the main way to climb the leaderboard, so the scoring system should be much more clever than that, and favor players who expanded the most and not the ones with the most valuable blocks. It's tough and complicated to set up this kind of system so I'm personally not expecting this but rather something more simple.

Reactions: MarkRutte
Members Online

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #55-
If a big or medium slime or magma cube is named with a name tag, and then dies, its smaller versions will have the same name.
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday green budgie!! 🎂🎈
Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Top Bottom