Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Stocks or no stocks

• Total voters

yaboy_John

Mar 26, 2021
I know this will be hard to make but it would definitely engage players more and create a more active and returning player base. So what i am talking about is a stock system based with values of item shares based on the amount bought and sold on the skyblock store. Players will keep on coming back to check on their stocks and making it so players can trade stocks among each other will create a returning player base.

Thank you,
Yaboy_John

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
This seems like a lot of development time, cubecraft rather do small updates after the main game is released its a good idea but I don't believe that it will get added

Reactions: yaboy_John

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hmmm... while this does sound like a fun idea, a stock market can be highly complex (Which will, as @Matriox already mentioned, probably cost a lot of development time).

And trading stocks will probably make it easier for higher skilled players to scam newer and less experienced players, since the value of the items can fluctuate a lot, scamming someone will be harder to prove

Reactions: yaboy_John

yaboy_John

Mar 26, 2021
Hmmm... while this does sound like a fun idea, a stock market can be highly complex (Which will, as @Matriox already mentioned, probably cost a lot of development time).

And trading stocks will probably make it easier for higher skilled players to scam newer and less experienced players, since the value of the items can fluctuate a lot, scamming someone will be harder to prove
Thanks for the advice, me starting skyblock a while ago I know that it takes a bit of grind and it would ruin the time if newer players got scammed and left because of that

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
Starting stocks will not only ruin the game for others (by you giving them really good items and them beating the game in the aspect of gett really good equipment) and would ruin the grinding (I find really fun) aspect of the game. It also is the most vanilla addon implemented skyblock there ever is. I don't like this idea. Atleast not for cubecraft.

Goldvelocity982

Novice Member
Sep 10, 2020
somewhere in asia

+
Starting stocks will not only ruin the game for others (by you giving them really good items and them beating the game in the aspect of gett really good equipment) and would ruin the grinding (I find really fun) aspect of the game. It also is the most vanilla addon implemented skyblock there ever is. I don't like this idea. Atleast not for cubecraft.
Maybe to counter this, we can add a level system, which works like a told in another thread related to ranks- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/obtainable-ranks.281354/post-1316708

Basically, this type of level system works on the no. of islands you have currently. If I am on the desert island and need feathers, sticks, and flints for the 'Blot out the sun' quest, I can just ask another player who might have a massive flint and feather farm and be on the same island as me or on the next one. This can be divided into two types-

1. MFI ( Money for items )- A player can buy items that he/she can't get in the villager shop here from other players for skyblock coins.
2. IFI ( Items for items )- A player can trade items with other players in return for items.

Hope this idea helps!

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
Maybe to counter this, we can add a level system, which works like a told in another thread related to ranks- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/obtainable-ranks.281354/post-1316708

Basically, this type of level system works on the no. of islands you have currently. If I am on the desert island and need feathers, sticks, and flints for the 'Blot out the sun' quest, I can just ask another player who might have a massive flint and feather farm and be on the same island as me or on the next one. This can be divided into two types-

1. MFI ( Money for items )- A player can buy items that he/she can't get in the villager shop here from other players for skyblock coins.
2. IFI ( Items for items )- A player can trade items with other players in return for items.

Hope this idea helps!
It does change the few aspects but still ruins the vanilla aspect and grinding aspect of the game. Mostly because it can still be trade to win. I've seen people on hypixel sb trade to win. The people would start with really bad items, trade those stuff to get better, and keep trading untill they get to the goal or win.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom