Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Daily #1 (Attempting daily suggestions)

It's been multiple days, and I did not expect iron to take this long to get to. Even when I do get to it, it's probably going to take a long time to get the anvil itself. Pre-anvils, you have to do this every time your stone tool is low:

and multiple is not an option when you have enchants

You can do it in less but it saves maybe 3-5 seconds, not really noticeable.

*yes, I know lots don't use efficiency V, but if you're actively farming you get where I'm coming from anyways.

My suggestion?
Make anvils purchasable in the shop

You can't make iron ingots from the anvils, and considering you will only need a few, it can be priced pretty highly.
Now, I'm not at iron yet, so I'm not sure how it goes for, but the sell price for 31 ingots * 2 seems fair.

I'd love to hear your criticism (constructive) in the comments! If you disagree, I'd like to hear why!

Last edited:
Reactions: Marionex

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
So, I understand that it's hard to get when you first obtain iron. But right now, I'm actually kinda tired of it. I have stacks upon stacks of it that I'll just sell at one point or another. You just gotta fight through it. Making anvils avalible in the shop is just meh.

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
(the video isnt working)

Should be fixed e.e

Here's the link just in case:

So, I understand that it's hard to get when you first obtain iron. But right now, I'm actually kinda tired of it. I have stacks upon stacks of it that I'll just sell at one point or another. You just gotta fight through it. Making anvils avalible in the shop is just meh.

Well yeah, when you unlock it, it's easy to get. It's hard to get much cobble except from the islands when you don't have the generator, and it's impossible to get lapis before that gen, so no enchants.

But once you get either, it's way to much to use.

That's the thing, you can spend days upon days just to get it, but once you have it, you have too much.

There's really not a fix for that, it's nice to have the extra $ from selling, anyways. My point in this post is that there is too much of a wait for anvils, so having them purchasable in the shop might be a good wait as it's a major peeve. I can't speak for others, but they're likely having similar issues.

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Sorry, but I disagree. I know it's hard to gather iron in the beginning, but Skyblock is a game that takes time. Later in the game you'll need to wait hours, even days sometimes before things grow and generate and to be able to complete quests etc.
Besides, does it really take less time if you can buy anvils? I mean, walking to your anvil on your island (or placing it from your inventory) or walking to it in the hub. It might be a little difference, but if you just have some patience, you'll be able to craft anvils soon.
Tip: enchant your pickaxe with fortune when you're able to enchant! This works on iron ores, cobblestone etc as well, so it would probably take less time to craft an anvil this way.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Sorry, but I disagree. I know it's hard to gather iron in the beginning, but Skyblock is a game that takes time. Later in the game you'll need to wait hours, even days sometimes before things grow and generate and to be able to complete quests etc.
Besides, does it really take less time if you can buy anvils? I mean, walking to your anvil on your island (or placing it from your inventory) or walking to it in the hub. It might be a little difference, but if you just have some patience, you'll be able to craft anvils soon.
Tip: enchant your pickaxe with fortune when you're able to enchant! This works on iron ores, cobblestone etc as well, so it would probably take less time to craft an anvil this way.

"Besides, does it really take less time if you can buy anvils?"

It absolutely does. Plus, you can even hold one in your inventory, making a 20 second trip (Which can be longer for me with timeouts in the lobby) into a 3-5 second trip, plop, repair, pickup. It's quick, and quicker for players who can't render quickly

"Tip: enchant your pickaxe with fortune when you're able to enchant!"
Yeah ik, I already have!

"It might be a little difference, but if you just have some patience, you'll be able to craft anvils soon."
Big difference, and I know it takes time for stuff later. I'm just saying that it helps to save time whenever, I shouldn't have to walk all the way to an npc in a different place just to repair a tool every ~60 seconds.

I do agree that it does take some time after for other things, but in the intermission of those other quests, I mainly am grinding away at other stuff for my island! It's a QoL thing that wouldn't hurt, though I do respect your opinion on the matter.

Omega_105

Mar 21, 2020
I honestly don't really think its needed or think it fits this skyblocks fell. I cant buy wood or stone in the shop even for even a ridiculous price. I don't think it should be added or will be.

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
The issue here is that your mining cobble instead of buying it..

Saving coins for dirt so I can make a terraformed layer in my base for cool builds, because I know the days of 4d dark oak are coming

Also you assume that I have money to spare

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Top Bottom