Not open for further replies.

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
A huge issue with console and mobile players is the lack of skill-based matchmaking. In this post it states that matchmaking is based off of 3 things: region, input and map. However, yestedray while I was live on Twitch my games suddenly started filling with sweats. It took me 20 minutes to win one game. This is the reason skill-based matchmaking needs to be prioritised. Here's the factorised matchmaking:
Random Map:
Region > Input > Skill > Map
Selected Map:
Map > Region > Input > Skill
I'm sure this will make a lot of console and mobile players happy that they aren't paired with sweats, and match sweats up with better players to give them a challenge.

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
A huge issue with console and mobile players is the lack of skill-based matchmaking. In this post it states that matchmaking is based off of 3 things: region, input and map. However, yestedray while I was live on Twitch my games suddenly started filling with sweats. It took me 20 minutes to win one game. This is the reason skill-based matchmaking needs to be prioritised. Here's the factorised matchmaking:

I'm sure this will make a lot of console and mobile players happy that they aren't paired with sweats, and match sweats up with better players to give them a challenge.
i like this but how will the game set you a skill baseline?

Ireeeem

Novice Member
Oct 9, 2020
Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
While this could work nicely on bedrock, I don't think we should have this on java due to the low player count. It can take quite long on java for a map to fill up which would make it even longer if they also had to match your skill level.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
well you should do something to fix the issue of mobile and console players having to play with sweats
its not fun at all
The input based matchmaking doesnt work when there isnt enough players. So we'd need to increase players again, we're on an off-period as people are taking exams in May so this is to be expected.

SGGSTNS

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2021
We don't currently have enough players on both platforms to support skill based matchmaking.
This could be possible for the future game Duels? I mean, hive will release in its arcade games Bridges 1v1 and it would be skill based matchmaking o.O and hive has less players than cubecraft and only 2 people are required for each game duel

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
This could be possible for the future game Duels? I mean, hive will release in its arcade games Bridges 1v1 and it would be skill based matchmaking o.O and hive has less players than cubecraft and only 2 people are required for each game duel
Ah the bandwagon fallacy. Just because another server did something does not mean another should follow suit.

To OP, that begs this question: how do you properly measure skill?

Stats aren't everything. you can have someone who farmed those stats so that they appear "very good" but they come in against someone who is really better. You can also have a highly skilled player who starts on a brand new account and crushes new opponents.

Stijnnn_

Jan 4, 2021
Bamboo forest

This would mean matchmaking would take longer, also if you only play against people your level you wont get any better. So im going to disagree to ur idea, sorry

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
This would mean matchmaking would take longer, also if you only play against people your level you wont get any better. So im going to disagree to ur idea, sorry
some people dont want to improve their skill they just play for some fun, but at the same time they cant have fun if matchmaking takes a while if thats what they want

Reactions: Stijnnn_

rachugh

Feb 26, 2022
well you should do something to fix the issue of mobile and console players having to play with sweats
its not fun at all
two words- git gud. As a ex mobile player myself I used to always get queued with sweats and that made me better at the game. so good to a point where I got onto top leaderboards and considered as good as a pro pc players. Soo all I'm saying is if it wasn't for this matchmaking i would be hot garbage because all I would play against are player that do not know how to sprint.

So non skill based matchmaking is gud cause it forces you too adapt to different peoples skill level and playstyle which improves yourself making you better an therefore by extension enjoy more. THE END

• Agree
Reactions: solarxysm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom