Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Hello there!

When you have a rank on Java and want to play some team Skywars, you are able to see the size of the teams in the map selector.
Now I would like it if Cubecraft shows the map size in solo games, just as they do with team size in team games.
It shouldn't be hard to implement as they only need to change the name of the items, and I've already checked all the map sizes for them.

Team game:
1637439494892.png

Solo game:
1637439529915.png

Map sizes:
1637439559565.png

Please let me know if I made a mistake :)

You can react with :agree: Agree if you agree with this suggestion, or with :unsure: Unsure if you're not sure about it. Or you can react with :disagree: Disagree if you don't like this suggestion at all. I would love to get some feedback, so please let me know what you think about this idea. Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
~Scary 💙

Frontlane

the person below me is cute
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I like this, it would be a nice little bit of extra information when selecting a map. I'd show the actual map size not only for solo maps, but for team maps as well, to get some consistency :-)

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
Overijssel, The Netherlands
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
I like this, it would be a nice little bit of extra information when selecting a map. I'd show the actual map size not only for solo maps, but for team maps as well, to get some consistency :-)
I kinda agree, but the team size is also relevant info for team maps. So if they could find a nice way to display them both, they got my love on this one!

• Love
Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I kinda agree, but the team size is also relevant info for team maps. So if they could find a nice way to display them both, they got my love on this one!
They could keep the orange number for team size and add another number in another colour (like dark aqua or something) for the map size. If this would be added, you can also see how many free spots there are in a map which is helpful for playing in parties and such.

• Agree
Reactions: 99th_DutchVoid

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I might just not understand the thread but why is this needed if it says "solo"
It's not about the team size but the map size. This thread is a suggestion to add the map size to solo maps (and to team maps aswel). This can be helpful if you want to know how many free spots are left in a map, or if you want to join a small or a larger map. It especially helpful for the players that don't play that much and don't know all the maps.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Sorry but I disagree
This would just encourage players even more to only join the small maps. Many players just want to play quick matches and the big maps would be left behind even more than as of right now.
Players that know the maps already do that, it would only prevent players to leave the second they realise the map is too large/small for them. And if players don't like big maps, then why should they play them? I think it's only fair to let players play the maps they like the most.

• Agree

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
Players that know the maps already do that, it would only prevent players to leave the second they realisme the map is to large/small for them.
Well, those players could help make the game start because of the current playercount it is sometimes way too long to wait for a map to start. With players being able to be more picky about their maps I couldn't even think of how long it would take for games to start.
And if players don't like big maps, then why should they play them?
That's only true for the part of the community that is determined to get quick wins. They could join it, so they see that the map is actually full and makes their game start faster.
For the other part of the community, that doesn't care about map size, I think that they shouldn't also get to this stage of pickiness.
Let's say someone's choosing a solo skywars map. They see one that has 7 players in it, and they see it's a map of 8 players. They also see a map with 14 players out of 24.
Currently, the player who doesn't care about map size would pick the map with 14 players as it's more than 7.
But, the players who do care about map size would join the map of 8 players. This still makes the bigger maps start as well as the smaller maps.
With this suggestion, I think that more people who do not care about map size will become more interested in small maps as they start rather quicker (7 out of 8 & 14 out of 24, while 14 is more than 7) than the big maps even though they like both maps.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Well, those players could help make the game start because of the current playercount it is sometimes way too long to wait for a map to start. With players being able to be more picky about their maps I couldn't even think of how long it would take for games to start.
I don't think it would have such a dramatic effect. There are still lots of players with a stone rank that can't even select a map and many players with a rank just use auto mode or play again, so they also don't select a map.
For the other part of the community, that doesn't care about map size, I think that they shouldn't also get to this stage of pickiness.
The most players that use map selection are already picky, the other players don't use map selection and just join a random game as it's easier then go back to the lobby every game. So as said above, I don't think it will have such a big effect.
With this suggestion, I think that more people who do not care about map size will become more interested in small maps as they start rather quicker
There are still enough players that like to join the larger maps, as it offers longer and more interessting games. This suggestion would make it possible for the player that like small maps as well as players that like larger maps to join the ones they like. Though there are still many players that either have a stone rank or just join a random map, so I think maps will still fill up as quick as they do now. The players that actually care about the map size already know which maps to join without this suggestion being implemented.
So overall, I don't think this suggestion will actually have a major effect on how the maps fill up. But it's some nice extra information for players that are less known with the maps and are looking for a map their party fits in.

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
I don't think it would have such a dramatic effect. There are still lots of players with a stone rank that can't even select a map and many players with a rank just use auto mode or play again, so they also don't select a map.
Sometimes when I'm playing some gamemodes around 10AM CET it takes a while, and if people also don't like the map that's queued to fill up, it would take way longer. During peak hours this would be less of an effect like you said.

The most players that use map selection are already picky, the other players don't use map selection and just join a random game as it's easier then go back to the lobby every game. So as said above, I don't think it will have such a big effect.
Well that is indeed true, but by being so picky, I don't think we should further encourage it, instead we should let the players who only play the maps they like to play (Not size) pick the maps they want to instead of that idea giving them to join the small maps.
There are still enough players that like to join the larger maps, as it offers longer and more interessting games. This suggestion would make it possible for the player that like small maps as well as players that like larger maps to join the ones they like.
As I said earlier, this would make games starting way more difficult. If we divide the playercount by types of games, region, and map size, wouldn't it take way too long?
By making it more challenging to find a map they might stick with a map they didn't like as they see it's somewhat full or make it start.
The players that actually care about the map size already know which maps to join without this suggestion being implemented.
Then why would we implement this?
So overall, I don't think this suggestion will actually have a major effect on how the maps fill up.
I agree, but this is only during peak hours. It becomes more and more difficult to make a game start in fewer playercounts.
But it's some nice extra information for players that are less known with the maps and are looking for a map their party fits in.
If players want to find a map their party fits in, they just click the map?? If its full they get told it's too full. If it's appropriate for their party they connect.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Sometimes when I'm playing some gamemodes around 10AM CET it takes a while, and if people also don't like the map that's queued to fill up, it would take way longer. During peak hours this would be less of an effect like you said.

Well that is indeed true, but by being so picky, I don't think we should further encourage it, instead we should let the players who only play the maps they like to play (Not size) pick the maps they want to instead of that idea giving them to join the small maps.

As I said earlier, this would make games starting way more difficult. If we divide the playercount by types of games, region, and map size, wouldn't it take way too long?
By making it more challenging to find a map they might stick with a map they didn't like as they see it's somewhat full or make it start.

Then why would we implement this?

I agree, but this is only during peak hours. It becomes more and more difficult to make a game start in fewer playercounts.

If players want to find a map their party fits in, they just click the map?? If its full they get told it's too full. If it's appropriate for their party they connect.
I don't really think there will be many players that will only join small maps, most players just join a random game. During the less popular hours maps do take long to fill up but I don't think this suggestion will make that any worse. But when I join a gamemode that I don't play often, I would really love to see what kind of map I'm going to join instead of joining five before finding something that I would like to play. I think this suggestion would have a more possitive effect than a negative one.
That's true, at least when Cube is going to fix their bugs. At the moment, you would just join the game with only half of your party. But joining a 12 player map with a party of 10 isn't really fun, neither for the party members as for the two other players.

Thunder

⚡ Moderator ⚡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jun 8, 2020
Istanbul, Türkiye
It is not necessary but would be a nice feature for people who are new to the network. Many old players have already memorised the sizes of most of the maps in the games. Yes, some people may prefer the maps with smaller sizes but it is up to them so nothing can be done about that. I don't think this feature will encourage them to choosing smaller maps because they are already doing it. If they find out that the map they chose is bigger than they thought, they go back to the lobby and select another one. But there are also people who prefer larger maps to have more fun. It is just a preference. Also, size of the maps is not the only thing that effect on players' map choices. Shape of the maps, length between islands etc. are also taken into consideration. I don't think giving this information in the map selection would have any negative effect. It would be useful in my opinion.

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
I don't really think there will be many players that will only join small maps, most players just join a random game.
Well, that just depends on the person. I see many players leaving games I'm waiting for to start.
During the less popular hours maps do take long to fill up but I don't think this suggestion will make that any worse.
This suggestion would make people pickier and encourage it even more. Especially the players who don't care about map size, as I explained in the example above.
But when I join a gamemode that I don't play often, I would really love to see what kind of map I'm going to join instead of joining five before finding something that I would like to play.
If everyone would do this, and if your suggestion would get implemented it would make waiting times even worse. If everyone got more divided into maps, games would take longer to start.
Besides, how would you know which map you like in a new gamemode which you haven't even tried yet?
I think this suggestion would have a more possitive effect than a negative one.
I do agree that being able to see which map you want to join could be useful. It's just that because of the playercount we shouldn't be very picky about maps. This is already a thing, which I sometimes dislike, but if it would be ingame, players would be more encouraged to join the maps which I showed in the example above.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
This suggestion would make people pickier and encourage it even more. Especially the players who don't care about map size, as I explained in the example above.
I really don't think anyone is going to select other maps due the map size being in the map selector. Everyone that does care about which map they play, already know the maps.
If everyone would do this, and if your suggestion would get implemented it would make waiting times even worse. If everyone got more divided into maps, games would take longer to start.
As I said before, I hardly doubt that this will effect waiting times in any way.
Besides, how would you know which map you like in a new gamemode which you haven't even tried yet?
Well, I don't play Eggwars that much, so I really don't know the maps. But when I play solo Eggwars, I know I would like a larger map instead of a small one. So this suggestion could help me find a map that I would enjoy rather than joining different maps and leaving to find one.
I do agree that being able to see which map you want to join could be useful. It's just that because of the playercount we shouldn't be very picky about maps. This is already a thing, which I sometimes dislike, but if it would be ingame, players would be more encouraged to join the maps which I showed in the example above.
If the waiting time is that much of a problem due to players joining different maps, I would say that Cubecraft should have less maps active at the same time. Having the map sizes in the map selector really won't have an effect. There are many stone rankers who can't select a map, and out of all players that can select a map, there are only a few that do so instead of using the play again button. And those players who actually go to the lobby after every game to select a specific map already know which maps they want to play and which they dislike. So this suggestion wouldn't have an effect on that.

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
I really don't think anyone is going to select other maps due the map size being in the map selector. Everyone that does care about which map they play, already know the maps.
As in the example above, most people who want a game that starts quick would now pick with most players, with your suggestion, the map with closest to filling which would make small maps start quicker.
As I said before, I hardly doubt that this will effect waiting times in any way.
This is just something we disagree on, but I recommend playing in the early hours to see how hard it sometimes is to play. Dividing the playercount even more with the example aboven would make it harder. ("most people who want a game that starts quick would now pick with most players, with your suggestion, the map with closest to filling which would make small maps start quicker.")
Well, I don't play Eggwars that much, so I really don't know the maps. But when I play solo Eggwars, I know I would like a larger map instead of a small one. So this suggestion could help me find a map that I would enjoy rather than joining different maps and leaving to find one.
Well that's the only thing I do agree on that could benefit from this, but joining and leaving a few games to know which map you want takes the same amount of time of waiting to fill up the map you want which is not currently queued.
I would say that Cubecraft should have less maps active at the same time.
This won't help at all, it just takes longer to fill up a map and move on to the next map. Spreading the players across maps makes this harder. With your suggestion, you encourage that.
Having the map sizes in the map selector really won't have an effect.
It encourages joining the players who care about the game starting time.
There are many stone rankers who can't select a map, and out of all players that can select a map, there are only a few that do so instead of using the play again button.
That differs from time to time, but I see many players leaving and joining games.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
As in the example above, most people who want a game that starts quick would now pick with most players, with your suggestion, the map with closest to filling which would make small maps start quicker.
Players don't use the map selection to join the map with most players, as it's so much easier to just press play again or just left-click and join the game. I don't think anyone is going to use the map selection to see which map needs the fewest players to start so they can join that map. Players using the map selection do so to select a map they like, this suggestion won't affect that.
This is just something we disagree on, but I recommend playing in the early hours to see how hard it sometimes is to play. Dividing the playercount even more with the example aboven would make it harder.
I've played in the less popular hours and I know that it can take some time for maps to start. I just don't see why players would use the map size to calculate which map will start first. And still, most maps eventually fill up with stone rankers, this suggestion won't affect them in any way.
This won't help at all, it just takes longer to fill up a map and move on to the next map. Spreading the players across maps makes this harder. With your suggestion, you encourage that.
This suggestion doesn't encourage joining different maps. There will be hardly any players to change the map they play due to the map size being in the map selector. As I said before, the players that do care about the map size already know the maps they want to play. There are just too many players that don't care about the map size to actually notice a difference in the waiting time. This suggestion can be useful for some players in specific situations, but besides that, it really will not affect anything.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
Top Bottom