Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think CubeCraft should get a Discord server?

• Yes! I think it's a great investment!

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • No, and I don't care about this stuff.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • TeamSpeak is fine and worth the money.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Dan9erTheGamer

Jan 3, 2016
Canada
d9r.weebly.com
Discord is a new voice chat provider, targeted towards gamers. It promises to do what Twitch did to live streaming.

• It's voice communication is high quality (64kbps default, 96kbps max. You can chose separate bitrates for each channel)
  • It has powerful permission tools (unlike Curse Voice) that are not ridiculously complicated to setup (unlike TeamSpeak)
  • It's easy on your CPU (unlike Skype. Seriously, Skype was never meant to share a CPU with a game)
  • You can program bots to run your server with official API
  • It's COMPLETELY FREE to host a server (you heard me right :cool:). This means CubeCraft can repurpose the $37.00 (I think) going to TeamSpeak for new server features.
  • Text chat is available too, if you don't have or don't want to use a mic
  • Discord can run in the browser, which is great for those stubborn friends of yours. (However, I recommend getting the program, which has more features and is even easier on your CPU)
  • More info is at discordapp.com
I have already made a community server, but it's far from complete. You can join it here and give suggestions. I am looking to convert this server to a official one, rather than staff making a new one.
SERVER DELETED BY STAFF :'(

I have also contacted Marco Slater (!) about this, and this basically was his reply (!!!):
Marco Slater said:
Whilst that is quite cool, it depends on what the community wants.

We have a TeamSpeak server and it always appears to have lots of people on it, if people suddenly want a discord server instead of TeamSpeak, then we'll look at having an official one.

So, it's up to you, the community to demand a Discord server! If we get support, I will show this thread to staff and like @Marco Slater said, they will consider.;)

ONLY YOU CAN HELP CUBECRAFT SAVE MONEY AND FRUSTRATION.

Last edited:

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
Discord is a new voice chat provider, targeted towards gamers. It promises to do what Twitch did to live streaming.

• It's voice communication is high quality (64kbps default, 96kbps max. You can chose separate bitrates for each channel)
  • It has powerful permission tools (unlike Curse Voice) that are not ridiculously complicated to setup (unlike TeamSpeak)
  • It's easy on your CPU (unlike Skype. Seriously, Skype was never meant to share a CPU with a game)
  • You can program bots to run your server with official API
  • It's COMPLETELY FREE to host a server (you heard me right :cool:). This means CubeCraft can repurpose the $37.00 (I think) going to TeamSpeak for new server features.
  • Text chat is available too, if you don't have or don't want to use a mic
  • More info is at discordapp.com
I have already made a community server, but it's far from complete. You can join it here and give suggestions. I am looking to convert this server to a official one, rather than staff making a new one.
https://discord.gg/0jmuGmV7baLVLDI4

I have also contacted Marco Slater about this, and this basically was his reply:

So, it's up to you, the community to demand a Discord server! If we get support, I will show this thread to staff and like @Marco Slater said, they will consider.;)

ONLY YOU CAN HELP CUBECRAFT SAVE MONEY AND FRUSTRATION.
@telegamer actually made a discord server for cubecraft today, but it's still unofficial...

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
Well, I was the one that was actually serious about it (by talking to Marco freaking Slater!)
A cubecraft developer (@error_dan_overflow ) already tried to make a server, but he closed it down. Multiple other people have suggested this too, and some people have created servers. You shouldn't act like you're the only serious one...

Reactions: Unfearful

iLoveKneeGrows

Apr 13, 2016
I would kill for an official Discord server. The program is genius and I love it. The settings are easier to manage, the interface is just generally two times as appealing apposed to TeamSpeak3. I would love it, +1

Reactions: Dan9erTheGamer

Dan9erTheGamer

Jan 3, 2016
Canada
d9r.weebly.com
If this gets enough support, I'll work on one.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10033536
Even if this passes, I want my server to be converted to the official one. Out of all the unofficial Discord servers mine has the most framework done, so it would take less time for the staff to get it exactly as they wanted than if they made a new one. Just take a look: discord.gg/0jmuGmV7baLVLDI4

EDIT: I love the support here! 11 supporters including 3 staff members! I plan to wait until we get 30 supporter and then I will show this thread to Marco Slater (if he hasn't found it already).

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom