Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

:Flix242

Apr 28, 2021
France
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
They/Them
I've been shadow muted on Cubecraft because of some stupid things i said on Skyblock Coop with friends and thought i could say everything on my 2nd account and my 1st account where i am VIP and on multiple leaderboards has been muted too so i really want to be unmuted because i can't talk with others anymore and i'm really pissed off right now.
So please, unmuted me :(((
(sorry for vocabulary)

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Shadow mutes are a type of punishment issued by Microsoft for chat-related behaviour. When you are shadow muted, your message will get sent but other players will not be able to see it. A shadow-mute will follow you between featured servers and Minecraft Realms.
Team CubeCraft is not able to help you with this form of punishment, as they are done automatically by Microsoft systems. The only way you can lift this type of punishment is by saying nicer things in chat - this will improve your reputation, and can result in the mute being lifted after a while.
Keep in mind that spamming things in chat (such as the alphabet) will not result in your shadow mute being removed - this is against CubeCraft rules, will worsen your Xbox reputation, and can actually cause the shadow mute to be extended, or even made permanent.
Shadow mutes are separate from Microsoft privacy settings, which can also prevent you from seeing chat or sending messages.

Reactions: Snowwyyy

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Shadow mutes are a type of punishment issued by Microsoft for chat-related behaviour. When you are shadow muted, your message will get sent but other players will not be able to see it. A shadow-mute will follow you between featured servers and Minecraft Realms.
Team CubeCraft is not able to help you with this form of punishment, as they are done automatically by Microsoft systems. The only way you can lift this type of punishment is by saying nicer things in chat - this will improve your reputation, and can result in the mute being lifted after a while.
Keep in mind that spamming things in chat (such as the alphabet) will not result in your shadow mute being removed - this is against CubeCraft rules, will worsen your Xbox reputation, and can actually cause the shadow mute to be extended, or even made permanent.
Shadow mutes are separate from Microsoft privacy settings, which can also prevent you from seeing chat or sending messages.
Has Microsoft ever really confirmed that this is indeed a punishment? Because I've never seen them confirm it and I highly doubt this is an intentional punishment as there are many people, even staff members who get shadowmuted without any reason. Also, why would it be so easy to just remove your own shadowmute by typing random characters?
I understand that you don't want people to spam random characters, but shadow mutes are simply not based on bad behaviour and official Microsoft Agents don't know anything about shadowmutes either, so unless CubeCraft got this information from Microsoft directly, this shouldn't be called a type of punishment in my opinion. It just doesn't make sense.

Apart from that, stating that the 'character solution' will worsen your repution and could cause it to be extended or made permanent isn't based on any facts. It's a bug and it's great that there's a solution for it to let people still be able to talk in chat with their friends and I think it's sad that CubeCraft doesn't want to accept that.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom