Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 112709

I totally agree with this. In the past I was fighting players with only killaura (as far as I noticed) and they got banned after a few seconds of using it. Nowadays I see people using killaura + anti knockback + eating while fighting and they don't get banned and that's exactly the problem.
Because many client developers know how to make their killaura bypass. Sentinel spawns invisible entities inside the player you attack (mobs, before they spawned armor stands), and if you don't attack it (a legit player will) it will just ban you instantly hence why some people with killaura are getting banned instantly. But many client developers, as I said before, know this "detection" method and it's pretty easy to bypass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
And we gave serious answers. You just didn't want to listen to them because you're to close minded and think that the developers have no life.
Ikr, the only thing we didn't take srsly was how much his ego deluded him and he tried to fake stats to seem not deluded.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

noobisbeast

Novice Member
May 17, 2017
And we gave serious answers. You just didn't want to listen to them because you're to close minded and think that the developers have no life.

If you claim that you're giving serious answers than please don't talk nonsense. Did you enter my brain? How can you say that I think developers have no life? Indeed, that's nonsense.

The only thing I'm doing is complaining about something (Sentinel in this case) because once again, it doesn't work as good as it should (it seems like you still don't understand it). Sentinel is there to ban cheaters and since there are plenty of cheaters that don't get banned, it surely isn't working as good as it should. That doesn't mean that I'm saying that the developers failed nor that I think they have no life. The only thing I'm saying is that it's time for an update, I'm not saying that it needs to be updated within 2 weeks or so.

Because many client developers know how to make their killaura bypass. Sentinel spawns invisible entities inside the player you attack (mobs, before they spawned armor stands), and if you don't attack it (a legit player will) it will just ban you instantly hence why some people with killaura are getting banned instantly. But many clients, as I said before, know this "detection" method and it's pretty easy to bypass.

Clear explanation. Hopefully the developers can update Sentinel so it's not that easy to bypass it.

Ikr, the only thing we didn't take srsly was how much his ego deluded him and he tried to fake stats to seem not deluded.

As I said before, I started this topic with a little sense of humor that was taken too serious by some kids that pretend to be adults. If we're talking about my ego/skills, you should've looked at the topic yesterday. I posted an image where everyone could see that StanIey and I humiliated the person who shouted he wanted to play against us at his own. Meanwhile StorySays deleted it (which I understand) to keep the thread serious, but I found it needful to post since it was a response of something that was said earlier in this topic.

Sentinel is good though :) almost 1 million bans no anticheat comes close :)

It was (extremely) good in the times it banned cheaters. Nowadays it's nearly not as good as it was before since almost every cheater can keep playing without getting banned (unless someone records and reports him).

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Yes, but that could also mean that clients have become better and against anti-cheats.

If I'm correct, the Developers are paid to do what they are doing and it is a full-time job (not sure about the full-time part). They are supposed to improve and work on things like this. Moderators on the other hand are doing voluntary work and them prioritizing something else over a Block game is more understandable than those Developers who earn a living possibly from Developing on CubeCraft.

Reactions: noobisbeast

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
If you claim that you're giving serious answers than please don't talk nonsense. Did you enter my brain? How can you say that I think developers have no life? Indeed, that's nonsense.
Because you expect them to work on Sentinel 24/7. They work on it when they have the time. You keep complaining about how Sentinel doesn't do it's job and how it's not good enough, so can you blame me for thinking that you expect them to overwork themselves?

The only thing I'm doing is complaining about something (Sentinel in this case) because once again, it doesn't work as good as it should (it seems like you still don't understand it). Sentinel is there to ban cheaters and since there are plenty of cheaters that don't get banned, it surely isn't working as good as it should. That doesn't mean that I'm saying that the developers failed nor that I think they have no life. The only thing I'm saying is that it's time for an update, I'm not saying that it needs to be updated within 2 weeks or so.
I haven't seen any hackers in a very long time, so it's working quite well. And no, of course it's not perfect, and perhaps you do see a lot of hackers that aren't getting banned. But it's a robot. It's not perfect. Yes, it perhaps needs an update but the developers know that and they're working on it.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
If I'm correct, the Developers are paid to do what they are doing and it is a full-time job (not sure about the full-time part). They are supposed to improve and work on things like this. Moderators on the other hand are doing voluntary work and them prioritizing something else over a Block game is more understandable than those Developers who earn a living possibly from Developing on CubeCraft.
Yes, I know that... does that mean they should overwork themselves? No.
They still have the right to hang out with friends, be with their family, and just overall go things they enjoy instead of sitting inside with the curtains closed working on a anti-cheat for a block-game.

noobisbeast

Novice Member
May 17, 2017

It makes the problem even worse if they're getting paid. Even though developers aren't cheap, CubeCraft obviously earns enough money by donations to pay them to improve the Sentinel system. You're totally right about the moderators.

Because you expect them to work on Sentinel 24/7. They work on it when they have the time. You keep complaining about how Sentinel doesn't do it's job and how it's not good enough, so can you blame me for thinking that you expect them to overwork themselves?

Sorry but you should go back to school real quick and learn how to discuss with proper arguments. Of course I can blame you for something you are certainly doing, because you are once again talking for me. I don't expect them to work on Sentinel 24/7. If I'm saying that my car isn't good enough for a very decent reason, does that mean that I expect the employees of the manufacturer to overwork themselves? Not at all. I expect them to make a better car in the future and depending on the problem of my car, fix it. If you can't come up with proper arguments, then please just say nothing.

I haven't seen any hackers in a very long time, so it's working quite well. And no, of course it's not perfect, and perhaps you do see a lot of hackers that aren't getting banned. But it's a robot. It's not perfect. Yes, it perhaps needs an update but the developers know that and they're working on it.

Yes, I know that... does that mean they should overwork themselves? No.
They still have the right to hang out with friends, be with their family, and just overall go things they enjoy instead of sitting inside with the curtains closed working on a anti-cheat for a block-game.

What gamemode do you play? How often do you play? Just because you haven't seen any hackers in a very long time doesn't mean Sentinel is working quite well. Again a very STUPID argument.

If the developers are getting paid, they should do what they're getting paid for and that's (among other things) ensure that Sentinel does what it stands for. Depending on how much they're getting paid, they should be able to do it in a certain amount of time. If they're doing it for free, I totally agree with you that they do it on their own pace because they have a life too.

If the developers are working on it, good. I hope that they can come up with an update soon (read this 1000x times before you shout that I expect developers to overwork/I think developers have no life).

Sentinel is constantly getting updated, but client devs update their clients to bypass it.

If Sentinel is constantly getting updated, I can only conclude that their updates fail since Sentinel misses plenty of hackers. What you're saying ("but client devs update their clients to bypass it") is true, but that's how it goes in the world of software. The bad people update their software, so the good people should update their software as well to protect themselves against the bad people.

Again, if the developers are doing it (almost) for free, I totally understand that Sentinel is outdated and that it takes a while to get it updated. On the other hand, if it's their fulltime job and they're getting paid what a regular software developer gets paid, then it's ridiculous and they fail to update Sentinel.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
You don't seem to understand how it works,
Sentinel gets an update,
Client developers update their client.

Sentinel can't get a second update instantly; meaning there's a point of time where bypasses will be made, and not instantly caught. But that's what the report section is also for, in case Sentinel fails to catch a specific hacker, the mods would be able to see what type of hacks Sentinel couldn't catch, check his logs and update Sentinel furthermore; your example is always a car, but you can't compare a car to Sentinel: unlike cars, no one is trying to mess with the car and do things against the rules.
There's quite a difference between a malfunction in a car, and client developers trying to bypass Sentinel. It's not that Sentinel just sucks, as in the car sucks. It's that someone is outsmarting Sentinel, while Sentinel slowly learns to outsmart the hacker back.

Do I make sense?

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think one of he main problems here is perspective. Sentinel has been worked on for quite some time and has built up an array of detections that stop many clients. If we were to say... remove sentinel because it “bans more innocents than cheaters”, you would find out real quick how many actual cheaters get banned by sentinel. Sentinel is pretty much stopping all the non super advanced clients. I believe only the most updated clients are able to bypass it currently due to how few cheaters people are running into on the network.

I don’t want to sound too harsh, but the question does need to be asked. Do you really think we don’t know sentinel needs to be updated? Do you think you make these threads and then we are like “oh shoot! Totally forgot about that part of the network! Better get working again!” The answer is no. We do realize the problems and the devs are constantly working on improving and updating things. There is no button we slap to automatically update the server. It takes time.

These threads accomplish nothing other than get everyone all riled up and cause drama. It can’t make the devs work faster or put out updates sooner because that isn’t how development works. I’ll say it once again, we know that sentinel doesn’t catch all the cheaters, and it is constantly being worked on. And being worked on does not mean anything is constantly being pushed out. You have to make sure the detection isn’t banning tons of innocent players and that it actually works, and during all of that, you are having to rewrite parts of the detections due to bugs or unintended behavior.

noobisbeast

Novice Member
May 17, 2017
You don't seem to understand how it works,
Sentinel gets an update,

Sentinel can't get a second update instantly; meaning there's a point of time where bypasses will be made, and not instantly caught. But that's what the report section is also for, in case Sentinel fails to catch a specific hacker, the mods would be able to see what type of hacks Sentinel couldn't catch, check his logs and update Sentinel furthermore; your example is always a car, but you can't compare a car to Sentinel: unlike cars, no one is trying to mess with the car and do things against the rules.
There's quite a difference between a malfunction in a car, and client developers trying to bypass Sentinel. It's not that Sentinel just sucks, as in the car sucks. It's that someone is outsmarting Sentinel, while Sentinel slowly learns to outsmart the hacker back.

Do I make sense?

No you don't make sense because if read what I said, you'll see that I totally understand that updates aren't instant. I said that if the developers are getting paid what regular software developers get paid, then I think they're not doing a good job since this isn't a problem of yesterday. I started noticing that Sentinel misses hackers a few months ago and it was only getting worse.

My example being a car doesn't say that I'm comparing a car to Sentinel. I'm trying to explain cause-effect. If something is wrong with my car, I expect the manufacturer to fix it in the future. Something is wrong with Sentinel, so I expect CubeCraft/the developers to fix it in the future. In the future isn't instant. It's about the fact that it gets updated sometime.

It takes time to make code. You can't expect developers to update Sentinel in 2 weeks. So why are you still complaining about this anti-cheat? Also, not all devs work on Sentinel.

I'm complaining because it annoys a lot of players including me. Other people confirmed that they're having the problem too and the moderator confirmed that the developers are working on it and CubeCraft didn't forget their Sentinel system. For you, read what I said above.

I don’t want to sound too harsh, but the question does need to be asked. Do you really think we don’t know sentinel needs to be updated? Do you think you make these threads and then we are like “oh shoot! Totally forgot about that part of the network! Better get working again!” The answer is no. We do realize the problems and the devs are constantly working on improving and updating things. There is no button we slap to automatically update the server. It takes time.

These threads accomplish nothing other than get everyone all riled up and cause drama. It can’t make the devs work faster or put out updates sooner because that isn’t how development works. I’ll say it once again, we know that sentinel doesn’t catch all the cheaters, and it is constantly being worked on. And being worked on does not mean anything is constantly being pushed out. You have to make sure the detection isn’t banning tons of innocent players and that it actually works, and during all of that, you are having to rewrite parts of the detections due to bugs or unintended behavior.

It certainly could be a possibility that you guys forgot about the Sentinel system or were not informed about the problems (since I didn't saw any other topic like this before I created it). The fact that you say that you guys are aware of this problem is good. Now we know the developers are working on it on and I know it takes time to update it, but it's also nice for the players to get updated about situations like this.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
It's impossible to try and prove a point with you...

No you don't make sense because if read what I said, you'll see that I totally understand that updates aren't instant. I said that if the developers are getting paid what regular software developers get paid, then I think they're not doing a good job since this isn't a problem of yesterday. I started noticing that Sentinel misses hackers a few months ago and it was only getting worse.
Sentinel gets an update,

It takes time to make code. You can't expect developers to update Sentinel in 2 weeks. So why are you still complaining about this anti-cheat? Also, not all devs work on Sentinel.
There is no button we slap to automatically update the server. It takes time

And honestly, I know a few people that constantly hack on a few hacked clients, going on a hacking spree, and they get banned in about a few matches.
And quoting Browny burger man;

If we were to say... remove sentinel because it “bans more innocents than cheaters”, you would find out real quick how many actual cheaters get banned by sentinel.

You're literally so ungrateful even tho the Anti-cheat does so much and bans so many. Yet you still want the server to be fully clean of hackers? This is an online game, and once again, there's never gonna be an online game, free of hackers.
I kinda want the anti cheat to be disabled for a few hours, just to let others see the amount of hackers they will actually encounter. Maybe then, some people would be grateful for having Sentinel...
I'm complaining because it annoys a lot of players including me.
We all get annoyed, but some people actually know it's being worked on, and it's not that bad because there aren't that many hackers anymore, as there would be without Sentinel. Which was like, 2 years ago, or 3; don't quite remember.

The fact that you say that you guys are aware of this problem is good.
This has been said like 6 times in this thread before .-.
"They're working on a Sentinel update, give it time." has been more than definitely said quite a few times.

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
I think one of he main problems here is perspective. Sentinel has been worked on for quite some time and has built up an array of detections that stop many clients. If we were to say... remove sentinel because it “bans more innocents than cheaters”, you would find out real quick how many actual cheaters get banned by sentinel. Sentinel is pretty much stopping all the non super advanced clients. I believe only the most updated clients are able to bypass it currently due to how few cheaters people are running into on the network.

Agreed :)
Sentinel has 1 million bans! :oops:
Best anticheat around for sure and it does not even need another update because I see no cheaters at all, it bans cheaters instantly :p
devs should work on games instead (unless they are tired, then they shouldn't, i hope they do not over work themselves) :):)

Reactions: Lilleh__
D

Deleted member 352903

Best anticheat around for sure and it does not even need another update because I see no cheaters at all, it bans cheaters instantly :p
devs should work on games instead (unless they are tired, then they shouldn't, i hope they do not over work themselves) :):)
Can you stop posting the same message :) thx

idontevenplaythisgame

Oct 28, 2015
I believe only the most updated clients are able to bypass it currently due to how few cheaters people are running into on the network.

I guess you never joined the server at 1.8. Literally every Skywars game you play there is atleast 1 hacker. One time 4/12 players were hackers.

noobisbeast

Novice Member
May 17, 2017
It's impossible to try and prove a point with you...

Not at all, just come up with good arguments because I'm very critical.

And honestly, I know a few people that constantly hack on a few hacked clients, going on a hacking spree, and they get banned in about a few matches.

I believe that, of course. I never said that Sentinel didn't work at all, I only said it doesn't work as good as it should. Since you love the car examples...the car drives, but it doesn't drive as fast as it should ;).

This has been said like 6 times in this thread before .-.
"They're working on a Sentinel update, give it time." has been more than definitely said quite a few times.

Said by some nolifers/wannabees yes, not said by reliable sources (such as TheBrownster, one of the CubeCraft team members). Since he said it today, I believe it.

What gamemode do you play? How often do you play? Just because you haven't seen any hackers in a very long time doesn't mean Sentinel is working quite well. Again a very STUPID argument.

and perhaps you do see a lot of hackers that aren't getting banned

That's not the point buddy, don't try to be cool but try to read better instead. You're saying:
I haven't seen any hackers in a very long time, so it's working quite well
on which I say that is a very STUPID argument because you're basically saying that because of the fact that you haven't seen any hackers in a very long time, you claim that Sentinel is working quite well. Not true at all and once again a very stupid argument.

Again, those 1 million bans are from the time that Sentinel worked very good and banned over 1000 players a day. Maybe it's still the best anticheat system around, I don't know. I'm curious how many players get banned by Sentinel nowadays. And if you say it does not even need another update, please go read the topic again starting on page 1.

Indeed, not only overworking themselves but I hope they have a life too (according to Philinda I think they have no life and expect them to overwork because apparently he can talk for me).

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom