Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Because of games like Paintball, it is beneficial to "Butterfly click" in 1.9 now. Perhaps they could have it only trace autoclickers in the 1.8 version of the server, and finally move 1.8 KitPvP to said server? (Those autoclicking in Paintball will still be at a disadvantage, since they'll exhaust all of their ammo in seconds and will be left vulnerable). It just seems odd to me to restrict how fast you're allowed to click when on the server :/
I've got an autoclicker that can be activated when a button is being held down. This means that people are definitely able to control exactly when it clicks quickly, making it extremely useful to use in games like paintball. Since it's got an option to activate when a key is held down, anyone could regulate how much ammo it's going to be using.
I don't know the specific reason for them limiting how fast you can click, but I assume it has something to do with most people being able to achieve a steady CpS that could easily be confused for an autoclicker.

I know Sentinel is keeping the amount of hackers low, but, I don't think it's worth it if banning so many innocent people is the way to do so. I understand the fact that all anticheats will fail, and that they all ban innocent people, but this is completely ridiculous tbh. And, the playerbase was low before the hacker infestation, due to several other problems.
Knowing cubecraft, I don't think the ac will be fixed anywhere soon.
What would be a ridiculous amount of false bans compared to the amount of correct bans?
How many times do you hear someone complain about a false ban, and how many times do you hear someone talking about a correct ban?

Players are always going to bring attention to false bans and ignore the appropriate bans since Sentinel is "expected to ban hackers". You, I, and the rest of the members on the forums don't have any specific number on how many appropriate bans there are and how many false bans there are, so we won't ever be able to compare the two.
For all you know, it could be a false ban every 500 correct bans.
What was the reason for the player base declining then? I recall hacking being the number one cause, and it's still an issue that they were trying to fix which only resulted in hate from the community. The hate is justified, but most people don't even consider it from their perspective: They are trying to make the server playable again.
Before you say that false bans doesn't make the server playable, don't: False bans will happen no matter the anti-cheat, as all anti-cheats will eventually make mistakes. These mistakes were never intentional, meaning that it isn't their intention to false ban players.

Since cube has different developers that specialize in different branches, you wouldn't really be able to know what Cube's #1 priority is by what they're working on.
The anti cheat developer is probably much spending a lot of time handling appeals & improving the anti-cheat. This time spent is definitely being paid for, as Cube pays him to develop. Do you understand how much money could go into this? Cube's reputation is at risk when it comes to things like hackers and anti-cheats, and they're definitely trying to prioritize the anti-cheat before any other project since their name is at stake. They can't afford to die out as a server, so they'll try any means necessary in order to keep the server alive. Since they want to do this, an anti-cheat is a must have and has got to be prioritized.
Do you see how many resources Cube is putting into the anti-cheat alone? It's definitely not that they don't care, and they will improve it in any possible way they can.

Last edited:
A

A pigeon

Agreed. Useless anticheat. It didnt even attemp to kick an FFA hacker , whi hacked for 5 hours and did not get banned by anticheat but by mod.

It falsebans too many players and the dev incharhe diesnt even have the courtesy to reply to appeals on time.

And there afe these people dgending the anticheat because it was 'just released'

LOL IT WAS RELEASED Three MONTHS AGO.

Im seeing too many hackers . The onky thing the anticheat did was ban super hackers , fly KA reach together

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Idc, it's idiotic.

I've seen it in action twice. Both times, innocent people who I was fighting were banned.

Nope, the name is epic. and it really is the only good thing from this AC.

Unplayable? Not as unplayable as when you're unfairly banned by Sentinel.
well if innocent people you were fighting were banned maybe they hacked before and were on a banwave list. Just because they werent hacking in that exact moment doesnt mean they have never hacked before.

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

I agree with you in so many ways. I hate the anti-cheat not only because of what you guys said, but I have also been banned by Sentinel before. I got banned because I was jumping around in the starter box in UHC, lmao. Also that day I was kicked by NoCheat+ on ew, because I was using op pick axe to break an egg. We need more developers to work on the AC, not just one. Plus IMO when sorting out AC false bans, CrazymanJR is really stubborn and even went as far as asking my friend what I was doing in the UHC starter box, cmon. Can we just get a group of staff who can check the AC logs, and help in sorting out false bans.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
I'm fine with the anti cheat.
You can't have a perfect anti cheat, it is bound to false ban some people.

But, I think it's really unfair when someone gets false banned by sentinel and their appeal denied. I think the people who handle the appeals should look harder into sentinel bans, as Sooo many people get banned falsely and their appeal denied...

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Because of games like Paintball, it is beneficial to "Butterfly click" in 1.9 now. Perhaps they could have it only trace autoclickers in the 1.8 version of the server, and finally move 1.8 KitPvP to said server? (Those autoclicking in Paintball will still be at a disadvantage, since they'll exhaust all of their ammo in seconds and will be left vulnerable). It just seems odd to me to restrict how fast you're allowed to click when on the server :/
Butterfly click is also beneficial in 1.9 for the knockback advantage it gives
An interesting change would be to encourage the player in question to describe the situations leading up to their ban
this is exactly what we tell everyone to do
Despite however many players are lying, there are without a doubt many players being wrongly sanctioned.
this i actually have a solution for and this idea comes straight from The Archon, whats its called is the purge, basically what this is, is with few exceptions such as players with DDos attacks, everybody gets unbanned and has another a shot if they are caught hacking they are reinstated the ban that they had, this gives hackers a bonus chance and clears innocent players bans to however the frequency of this is seldom this would only occur twice maybe even only once a year
Ok, flashback moment. I suddenly remember being kicked for breaking blocks too fast while breaking obsidian with my bare hands...
Lol yep know that well it saved our egg in eggwars once, the player broke the obsidian and got kicked just as he had the oppertunity to break the egg

I've got an autoclicker that can be activated when a button is being held down. This means that people are definitely able to control exactly when it clicks quickly, making it extremely useful to use in games like paintball. Since it's got an option to activate when a key is held down, anyone could regulate how much ammo it's going to be using.
I don't know the specific reason for them limiting how fast you can click, but I assume it has something to do with most people being able to achieve a steady CpS that could easily be confused for an autoclicker.
thats whats stupid, the anticheat should be programmed to moniter the cps, not how fast the cps is, auto clickers keep the exact same cps while players cant

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
"I think it's fine because nothing happened to me"

Guess what, you're not the only one on the planet.
This is one of the lamest arguments excuses that you could come up with.

I remember a year ago, reports I made were denied because staff were not absolutely 100% sure the player was hacking. They said they preferred 10 hackers to walk free and 1 legit player not being banned over all 11 players being banned, yet now with Sentinel, they're doing everything except that. I think some of the makers of the anticheat just don't have enough in-game experience to recognize false bans. Example: A friend of mine got stuck in a block due to blocklagg, then got repeatedly hit by someone. He then got banned for "anti knockback". He explained the situation in his report in detail, yet it was still denied. Some of the ones dealing with Sentinel appeals just can't see in the perspective of another player and can only look at the data Sentinel gave them and assume the situation was exactly like it described, without taking into consideration things like blocklagg.

This is a huge problem and one of the reasons cubecraft is dieing out.
Now if you would actually listen to the solutions @Snap suggested, that'd be great.
(just don't bring back NCP please)

Svenyboy17

Jul 16, 2017
Netherlands
www.twitch.tv
I completely agree with @DanDaDino. I can understand that there is no 100% automated anti cheat anywhere. It does not, and never will, exist. For every anti cheat is a bypass as for every hack is an anti cheat. Its a cat and mouse game with developers over anti cheat as over hacked clients. The part that is important to pick out important rotten apples is how cc_sentinel bans are taken care of after the initial ban. In my opinion staff should pay more attention to those bans and look into the exact reason why they are banned and have to pay more attention to logs. They might even need to take in considerate connection throttling with the appeal.

Because if you agree with the fact that they favor 10 people banned of which 2 are false-positives. It would make more sense to let those 2 (suspected hackers) back into the server (knowing they are being monitored and that their hack is detected), than denying those 2 persons appeal. (which in this case is 20%) who are legit. This is better than no anti cheat at all and/or just leave it as it is.

I think that the effect of letting hackers back into the ring, make them think twice about using their hack, because they would get banned for it. is more effective than just 0 tolerating appeals of the bans that cc_sentinel makes.

Human behavior is weird. I know. ;)

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
But this is IDIOTIC. 50% of the banned players are innocent. Like what the actual heck, do your research before you release an anti-cheat.
This is funny. Sentinel bans waaaayyyy more hackers than innocent players. A lot of people lie that they got falsly banned by Sentinel.
I know Sentinel is keeping the amount of hackers low, but, I don't think it's worth it if banning so many innocent people is the way to do so. I understand the fact that all anticheats will fail, and that they all ban innocent people, but this is completely ridiculous tbh. And, the playerbase was low before the hacker infestation, due to several other problems.
Knowing cubecraft, I don't think the ac will be fixed anywhere soon.
The Atnti-cheat is getting improved a lot lately, you just don't notice it because;
You usually only hear about sentinel false banning people, as people always try to bring attention to that. There are lots of players being rightfully banned by the anti cheat, but we never hear about it as they don't make a fuss about something like that.
Expecting false bans at the release of a new anti-cheat is to be expected, since (as you guessed it) it's new & has lots of room to improve.
They (staff [that one Developer]) sometimes don't take into account the lag of the players to judge if someone was hacking or not.
Logs show PMS so it can be decided if someone was laging or not.
Agreed. Useless anticheat. It didnt even attemp to kick an FFA hacker , whi hacked for 5 hours and did not get banned by anticheat but by mod.
Says to many people are getting falsly banned but complains people don't get banned.... k
We need more developers to work on the AC, not just one.
That would be a mess. If you keep 1 developer working on it he'll know what's going on and is the only one that changes things. Developing an anti-cheat isn't something you can put 5 people on.

It's impossible to prevent false bans from an Anti-Cheat that still doesn't know every client and never will, because people will keep finding ways to create new ones. There are now a lot less people that get falsly banned by Sentinel. Crazyman is still improving the Anti-Cheat. Not sure what the point of this thread is because people complain when we don't have an Anti-Cheat and people complain when we do have an Anti-Cheat.

It's easy to predict this community their behaviour. They whine about an update, they get an update, they whine about the update. Great! You guys are helping us a lot!

A

A pigeon

This is funny. Sentinel bans waaaayyyy more hackers than innocent players. A lot of people lie that they got falsly banned by Sentinel.

The Atnti-cheat is getting improved a lot lately, you just don't notice it because;

Logs show PMS so it can be decided if someone was laging or not.

Says to many people are getting falsly banned but complains people don't get banned.... k

That would be a mess. If you keep 1 developer working on it he'll know what's going on and is the only one that changes things. Developing an anti-cheat isn't something you can put 5 people on.

It's impossible to prevent false bans from an Anti-Cheat that still doesn't know every client and never will, because people will keep finding ways to create new ones. There are now a lot less people that get falsly banned by Sentinel. Crazyman is still improving the Anti-Cheat. Not sure what the point of this thread is because people complain when we don't have an Anti-Cheat and people complain when we do have an Anti-Cheat.

It's easy to predict this community their behaviour. They whine about an update, they get an update, they whine about the update. Great! You guys are helping us a lot!

"easy to predict this community their behaviour"

Then do things right instead of pulling blockbands constantly . Oh and UHC

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
There is one very big thing that annoys me A LOT in this server. And that thing, is the ̶A̶n̶t̶i̶-̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ anti-cheat.

There is a problem with it and it is: It doesn't work. If I had a generator pull one random UUID and ban it, it would be more efficient, and it'd ban less innocent people than Sentinel...

In the first 2 weeks of sentinel being introduced, 3 of my friends were permanently banned (because the appeal was denied). Also, I've seen a lot of people on the forums saying they were unfairly banned. Normally, I wouldn't believe it, but since it happened to my friends, I actually struggle to say they're lying...

What the actual F, cubecraft? How do you dare to release something that's reducing your (already small, due to earlier F-ups) playerbase for no reason? How do you dare to release something that's banning innocent people, including donators?
How do you even dare to make butterfly clicking illegal in 1.8, just because this piece of software was so poorly made that butterfly clicking triggers it? The solution to butterfly clicking triggering the anti-cheat is to fix the bug in sentinel, not to just make butterfly clicking illegal.
Let's be completely honest here, the only good thing about Sentinel, is the epic name...

The suggestion is: Get sentinel offline asap, put a temporary pre-made ac on the server, and take your time to fix Sentinel.

Let's be honest: This is what everybody thinks, and it's the complete truth. But the owners/admins/Devs are too proud to see the mistakes, I guess.
Well i Guess You Are Right I got unfairly ban too they need to release sentinel 2.0 where the fix all bugs and improve am i right here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Alexp192's profile.
You are cool Alex!:D
Apparently three years, so time for cake 🍰
1715552101512.png
Elenahh wrote on Livvv's profile.
Better!
Kazwa wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
happy birthday!
Kazwa wrote on SlinkyGnu05604's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom