Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
There is one very big thing that annoys me A LOT in this server. And that thing, is the ̶A̶n̶t̶i̶-̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ anti-cheat.

There is a problem with it and it is: It doesn't work. If I had a generator pull one random UUID and ban it, it would be more efficient, and it'd ban less innocent people than Sentinel...

In the first 2 weeks of sentinel being introduced, 3 of my friends were permanently banned (because the appeal was denied). Also, I've seen a lot of people on the forums saying they were unfairly banned. Normally, I wouldn't believe it, but since it happened to my friends, I actually struggle to say they're lying...

What the actual F, cubecraft? How do you dare to release something that's reducing your (already small, due to earlier F-ups) playerbase for no reason? How do you dare to release something that's banning innocent people, including donators?
How do you even dare to make butterfly clicking illegal in 1.8, just because this piece of software was so poorly made that butterfly clicking triggers it? The solution to butterfly clicking triggering the anti-cheat is to fix the bug in sentinel, not to just make butterfly clicking illegal.
Let's be completely honest here, the only good thing about Sentinel, is the epic name...

The suggestion is: Get sentinel offline asap, put a temporary pre-made ac on the server, and take your time to fix Sentinel.

Let's be honest: This is what everybody thinks, and it's the complete truth. But the owners/admins/Devs are too proud to see the mistakes, I guess.

Tristayy

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2017
Outer Space
I don't find this a problem at all. From what I have experienced, the anti cheat works great.

Considering that your friends are permanently banned must also be because they have been banned before.

To round off; I see a lot of people posting on the forums that they were "unfairly banned" where there later are posted evidence to the act. Everyone can say that they are unfairly banned.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
How do you even dare to make butterfly clicking illegal in 1.8, just because this piece of software was so poorly made that butterfly clicking triggers it?
Ok let me stop you here, you can pretty much go to any top server, cubecraft, cosmicpvp, hypixel... they all have this rule its not just cubecraft
There is a problem with it and it is: It doesn't work
it does work ive seen it in action, it works in ban waves, not usually an instant ban a player called You_Tried got banned by sentinel midgame
Let's be completely honest here, the only good thing about Sentinel, is the epic name...
assuming this is sarcasm im inclined to agree the name couldve been better...
Get sentinel offline asap, put a temporary pre-made ac on the server, and take your time to fix Sentinel.
we had that and it screwed the server over so much it was pretty much unplayable, as many as 5 hackers every game

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
Considering that your friends are permanently banned must also be because they have been banned before.
Nope. First ban. But cubecraft thought it'd be funny to premanently ban every single person who's appeal was denied.
To round off; I see a lot of people posting on the forums that they were "unfairly banned" where there later are posted evidence to the act. Everyone can say that they are unfairly banned.
How can that be a good thing? Innocent people should not be banned in the first place.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
Ok let me stop you here, you can pretty much go to any top server, cubecraft, cosmicpvp, hypixel... they all have this rule its not just cubecraft
Idc, it's idiotic.
it does work ive seen it in action, it works in ban waves, not usually an instant ban a player called You_Tried got banned by sentinel midgame
I've seen it in action twice. Both times, innocent people who I was fighting were banned.

Nope, the name is epic. and it really is the only good thing from this AC.

we had that and it screwed the server over so much it was pretty much unplayable, as many as 5 hackers every game
Unplayable? Not as unplayable as when you're unfairly banned by Sentinel.

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
Sentinel is a new system and although they've run tests on it there are sure to be some bugs. now how do you correct something that is broken without actually knowing what's broken (by testing it) that's why they've released it to see how it fairs on the server please give cubecrafts some time to work out the bugs on the system and I'm sure they will have a finalized version with most of the bugs worked out and please keep your language appropriate especially on a public forum ( and pretty much everywhere)

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
please keep your language appropriate especially on a public forum ( and pretty much everywhere)
Acronyms are allowed m8.
Not as unplayable as a bug we used to have that would kick you for no reason randomly
I'd prefer to be kicked rather than permanently banned. And, how come I've never experienced or heard of this bug in the three years I've played on the server?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
There is a problem with it and it is: It doesn't work. If I had a generator pull one random UUID and ban it, it would be more efficient, and it'd ban less innocent people than Sentinel...

In the first 2 weeks of sentinel being introduced, 3 of my friends were permanently banned (because the appeal was denied). Also, I've seen a lot of people on the forums saying they were unfairly banned. Normally, I wouldn't believe it, but since it happened to my friends, I actually struggle to say they're lying...
What are you comparing this number to?
You usually only hear about sentinel false banning people, as people always try to bring attention to that. There are lots of players being rightfully banned by the anti cheat, but we never hear about it as they don't make a fuss about something like that.
Expecting false bans at the release of a new anti-cheat is to be expected, since (as you guessed it) it's new & has lots of room to improve.

What the actual F, cubecraft? How do you dare to release something that's reducing your (already small, due to earlier F-ups) playerbase for no reason? How do you dare to release something that's banning innocent people, including donators?
Sooo you are going to yell at them for having a side-effect from trying to fix one of the biggest "f-up"s?
The biggest problem that had cube declining in players was the sheer amount of hackers. Now that cube has an anti-cheat, it also comes with the occasional false ban. Now you yell at them for "screwing up" again right after they try to take action against hackers?
It's dumb to say, but that's the dumbest thing I've heard. Using "How do you dare to release something that's reducing your (already small, due to earlier F-ups) playerbase for no reason?" is completely irrational since it was release to remove the players that were ruining the game for the legit players.
"no reason"? really?
What does an anti-cheat do? It's expected to ban hackers. Obviously, there will also be false bans like any other anti-cheat on any other minecraft server.

How do you even dare to make butterfly clicking illegal in 1.8, just because this piece of software was so poorly made that butterfly clicking triggers it? The solution to butterfly clicking triggering the anti-cheat is to fix the bug in sentinel, not to just make butterfly clicking illegal.
Sooo you want an irregular auto-clicker to not be picked up?
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to be fighting someone in 1.8 if they have a free 22 CpS because of an auto clicker, right?
And it's not like Cube's the only server that does this either. Another server for instance being Badlion. One of the most popular PVP servers out there, possible the best for duels and heavily pvp based games.

When's the last time you've seen a hacker?
I've only seen one today, which is remarkable when you compare today to the situation weeks before the anti-cheat was released.
Cube used to have a hacker or two every other game, but now I rarely even run into one per day. Sentinel has definitely reduced the amount of hackers by an insane amount, and it's doing a perfectly good job as it is.
Remember: Not every system is perfect, and every other server with an anti-cheat has to deal with false bans too. You may not hear about them as often, but there's hundreds of correctly done bans.
The suggestion is: Get sentinel offline asap, put a temporary pre-made ac on the server, and take your time to fix Sentinel.
Remember when cube was using Nocheatplus & everyone was always getting falsely kicked and hackers used to not at all be affected by this?
If not, don't even talk about getting a pre-made anti-cheat over sentinel. A pre-made one probably only kicks one out of a thousand hackers, and I'm not even overexaggerating.

Let's be honest: This is what everybody thinks, and it's the complete truth. But the owners/admins/Devs are too proud to see the mistakes, I guess.
Speak for yourself.
Obviously they're not going to let it continue false banning, as they'll definitely be improving the anti-cheat as time passes.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I'd prefer to be kicked rather than permanently banned. And, how come I've never experienced or heard of this bug in the three years I've played on the server?
In the age of hackers before sentinel certain actions triggered nocheat plus to kick you for no reason such as critting the wither in tower defence, breaking blocks or fighting in eggwars and blockwars, even taking no knockback because of lag or pressed up against blocks, you had to be REALLY careful because the false kicks were for fast swing, AKB, and and fast break, this triggered the most on low ping players

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
What are you comparing this number to?
You usually only hear about sentinel false banning people, as people always try to bring attention to that. There are lots of players being rightfully banned by the anti cheat, but we never hear about it as they don't make a fuss about something like that.
Expecting false bans at the release of a new anti-cheat is to be expected, since (as you guessed it) it's new & has lots of room to improve.

Sooo you are going to yell at them for having a side-effect from trying to fix one of the biggest "f-up"s?
The biggest problem that had cube declining in players was the sheer amount of hackers. Now that cube has an anti-cheat, it also comes with the occasional false ban. Now you yell at them for "screwing up" again right after they try to take action against hackers?
It's dumb to say, but that's the dumbest thing I've heard. Using "How do you dare to release something that's reducing your (already small, due to earlier F-ups) playerbase for no reason?" is completely irrational since it was release to remove the players that were ruining the game for the legit players.
"no reason"? really?
What does an anti-cheat do? It's expected to ban hackers. Obviously, there will also be false bans like any other anti-cheat on any other minecraft server.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to be fighting someone in 1.8 if they have a free 22 CpS because of an auto clicker, right?
And it's not like Cube's the only server that does this either. Another server for instance being Badlion. One of the most popular PVP servers out there, possible the best for duels and heavily pvp based games.

When's the last time you've seen a hacker?
I've only seen one today, which is remarkable when you compare today to the situation weeks before the anti-cheat was released.
Cube used to have a hacker or two every other game, but now I rarely even run into one per day. Sentinel has definitely reduced the amount of hackers by an insane amount, and it's doing a perfectly good job as it is.
Remember: Not every system is perfect, and every other server with an anti-cheat has to deal with false bans too. You may not hear about them as often, but there's hundreds of correctly done bans.

Remember when cube was using Nocheatplus & everyone was always getting falsely kicked and hackers used to not at all be affected by this?
If not, don't even talk about getting a pre-made anti-cheat over sentinel. A pre-made one probably only kicks one out of a thousand hackers, and I'm not even overexaggerating.

Speak for yourself.
Obviously they're not going to let it continue false banning, as they'll definitely be improving the anti-cheat as time passes.
I know Sentinel is keeping the amount of hackers low, but, I don't think it's worth it if banning so many innocent people is the way to do so. I understand the fact that all anticheats will fail, and that they all ban innocent people, but this is completely ridiculous tbh. And, the playerbase was low before the hacker infestation, due to several other problems.
Knowing cubecraft, I don't think the ac will be fixed anywhere soon.

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
Sentinel is a new system and although they've run tests on it there are sure to be some bugs now how do you correct something that is broken without actually knowing what's broken that's why they've released it to see how it fairs on the server please give cubecrafts some time to work out the bugs on the system and I'm sure they will have a finalized version with most of the bugs worked out and please keep your language appropriate especially on a public forum ( and pretty much everywhere)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Hi,

first of all, congratulations on making me change accounts. That's how eager I was to write out this reply, because I had a few problems with Sentinel in the past. Since then, it seems to have improved a lot, but it's still not quite perfect.

My experience with the I-don't-record-evidence-but-I'm-going-to-ban-you-anyways-Anti-Cheat

From what I have experienced, the anti cheat works great.
And from what I have experienced, it's pretty... unfair to legitimate players, to say the least. I would post a link to my thread here demonstrating how I was wrongly banned, but it has either been deleted from the website, or has been moved to an inaccessible location. It took quite a bit of effort to have my sanction lifted, because the developer responsible for the anti-cheat implied that the ban was actually legitimate (Spoiler alert: It wasn't). This is the greatest problem with the Anti-Cheat; not that it bans innocent players, because that will inevitably happen from time to time on a server as large as this one, but that said players don't get a fair chance at appealing.

Despite however many players are lying, there are without a doubt many players being wrongly sanctioned. Whatever happened to "It's better to leave ten cheaters unpunished than to ban one innocent player"? This really ruffles my feathers, because players are seemingly presumed guilty by default when they're banned by Sentinel.

Removing the Anti-Cheat outright is absolutely not the way to go, because it does ban hackers in massive quantities. Somebody recently contacted me claiming that they tried to auto-click, and within seconds, they were banned for a week. I'm not sure whether the timing was a coincidence, or how well it fares at banning players for more malicious hacks, but to ban somebody within seconds is pretty impressive to be honest. However, I do feel we should resort back to the aforementioned policy of "It's better to leave ten cheaters unpunished than to ban one innocent player".

An idea:

Whenever somebody disputes a Sentinel ban with an explanation on what might have happened, whether it be legitimate or otherwise, their sanction should be lifted. The exception to this would be that if they've already been sanctioned for hacking in the past, then the ban will be looked into further. Another exception would be that if their appeal is accepted, and they're banned by Sentinel again, they'll automatically be permanently banned.

Once the Anti-Cheat is reliably differentiating between legitimate and illegitimate actions, we can begin to put more faith in its judgement. Nonetheless, whether this sounds ideal or not, it won't be considered because nobody reads what I write anyways :'c

Miscellaneous responses

Don't look at me, I asked them to name it 'Aegis' :(

Nope. First ban. But cubecraft thought it'd be funny to premanently ban every single person who's appeal was denied.
That's not how it works. Unless you're the alt to an already sanctioned account, or are found to have DDoS attacked the server, you will never be permanently banned upon first offence.

Thats inevitable noone is perfect not even machines
Yeah, innocent players will always be banned on occasion regardless, but it isn't a machine that's handling the appeals. So what, do those wrongly banned just have to hope that whichever staff member receives the appeal is in a good mood at the time of reading it? Because to my knowledge, the Anti-Cheat does not record evidence. I'm not sure whether it's possible, but if the Anti-Cheat were to record footage of what has triggered it, the appeals process would feel a lot fairer and less of a gamble.

Sentinel is a new system
That's not an appropriate excuse, and secondly, it's been out for roughly six months, and was in development for presumably around the same length of time.

now how do you correct something that is broken without actually knowing what's broken (by testing it) that's why they've released it to see how it fairs on the server
Perhaps if they know it's broken, they should give those who are banned by it the benefit of the doubt more often than not, then.

Because of games like Paintball, it is beneficial to "Butterfly click" in 1.9 now. Perhaps they could have it only trace autoclickers in the 1.8 version of the server, and finally move 1.8 KitPvP to said server? (Those autoclicking in Paintball will still be at a disadvantage, since they'll exhaust all of their ammo in seconds and will be left vulnerable). It just seems odd to me to restrict how fast you're allowed to click when on the server :/

Super Craft Bros... Super Craft Bros... ROAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! >:c EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. MATE. LAGGING BACK. KICKED FOR FLYING. DOUBLE-JUMP BUGGING OUT. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE WITHER KIT!

Conclusion and my idea again but explained better I guess idk it's 4am go away:

The Anti-Cheat does help the server more than not. It's the reason the server is actually playable, because the likes of xTurtle and the apparently "confusing" 1.9 combat system have likely popularised hacking more than ever before (Not that I'd go back to playing Assassins or anything though). However, those handling appeals to bans from Sentinel do need to ask whether the user has been wrongly banned.

An interesting change would be to encourage the player in question to describe the situations leading up to their ban. Make sure to encourage younger players to have their guardians appeal on their behalf, and if their story coincides with the ban logs, then accept their appeal. Of course, a genuine hacker could lie and get unbanned, but the vast majority of them will simply find another server to cheat on, or will generate a new account.

The Anti-Cheat has gotten a lot better from my experience (I've only been banned by it once, lol), but if there are still players being wrongly punished, then they really shouldn't be getting their appeals denied.

For the record, I recall staff releasing ban statistics for Sentinel a short while ago, and it was quite surprising. I don't remember where exactly it was posted, but perhaps @johncoles could share with us how many accounts are banned on a monthly basis? Would be a neat and prestigious thing to show off on the website. You'd honestly be surprised at how many hackers are banned :o

Right, back to @Eiriana and then I'm going to sleep v.v

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
It's sad how people sometimes prefer quantity over quality...

What most of you should do is try to put yourself in someone else's place, and in this case a banned player by Sentinel.
I will just say this as I think it is: If the Dev or Staff don't know you, you have more chances to still stay banned without being able to do anything.
That's what happened to my friends and I had to speak for them to get them unbanned in many ocassions because when they appealed, their appeals got denied.
They (staff [that one Developer]) sometimes don't take into account the lag of the players to judge if someone was hacking or not.
What a hypocrisy that is.
If a legit random player is banned by Sentinel, his appeal is denied because the Developer who reviews it is just... too serious for these things and anything is hacks for him.
Just think you could be that banned player without any chance to get unbanned. You say what you're saying because it didn't happen to you.

Just to clarify: It wasn't for you Cygni.

Sentinel seriously needs to improve a bit more itself as I have seen many hackers who haven't been banned in months. And yes, they are hackers, but somehow they bypass the anticheat. I don't even bother recording them as I know Mods will say that's not hack.

LuisZapataR

Oct 16, 2016
Peru - Lima
It's sad how people sometimes prefer quantity over quality...

What most of you should do is try to put yourself in someone else's place, and in this case a banned player by Sentinel.
I will just say this as I think it is: If the Dev or Staff don't know you, you have more chances to still stay banned without being able to do anything.
That's what happened to my friends and I had to speak for them to get them unbanned in many ocassions because when they appealed, their appeals got denied.
They (staff [that one Developer]) sometimes don't take into account the lag of the players to judge if someone was hacking or not.
What a hypocrisy that is.
If a legit random player is banned by Sentinel, his appeal is denied because the Developer who reviews it is just... too serious for these things and anything is hacks for him.
Just think you could be that banned player without any chance to get unbanned. You say what you're saying because it didn't happen to you.

Just to clarify: It wasn't for you Cygni.

Sentinel seriously needs to improve a bit more itself as I have seen many hackers who haven't been banned in months. And yes, they are hackers, but somehow they bypass the anticheat. I don't even bother recording them as I know Mods will say that's not hack.
Todo un HELPER :vv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

HyperPal wrote on Elenahh's profile.
best team leader in history I swear on god respect
JokeKaedee wrote on HyperPal's profile.
AYYy you managed to get in ahhaha
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom