Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Straight to the point: give more experience for players having more time in-game; for example,

Think of a EggWars game, Team A vs. Team B. Team A and Team B have been battling it out for a while. It's an hour now and Team A wins the game. They are awarded 250 Experience and 50 points.

What I'm saying is that award player more experience and points for the longer they play a game. For games with time-limit it won't be a problem, for EggWars the rewards aren't always fair. For a game that lasted for maybe 1-2 hours, that amount of experience isn't enough. (This is very common in TeaParty)

Solution:
Give 750 Experience and 150 points for games over an hour. (Within that hour I could've won 3+ games.)

It could even award based on the minute milestones (30+ minutes = 500, 60+ = 750, 90+ = 1000 etc.)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I feel like this would encourage players to afk for a long time to get a larger reward for little to no effort. This wouldn't be considered as teaming with the opposing team if they never directly teamed until those two teams were the last ones remaining.
Keeping that in mind, I'd much rather stick with your first option, but I don't necessarily mind this anyways since rewards aren't my goal for playing.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Straight to the point: give more experience for players having more time in-game; for example,

Think of a EggWars game, Team A vs. Team B. Team A and Team B have been battling it out for a while. It's an hour now and Team A wins the game. They are awarded 250 Experience and 50 points.

What I'm saying is that award player more experience and points for the longer they play a game. For games with time-limit it won't be a problem, for EggWars the rewards aren't always fair. For a game that lasted for maybe 1-2 hours, that amount of experience isn't enough. (This is very common in TeaParty)

Solution:
Give 750 Experience and 150 points for games over an hour. (Within that hour I could've won 3+ games.)

It could even award based on the minute milestones (30+ minutes = 500, 60+ = 750, 90+ = 1000 etc.)
The idea you have is good although the system can be abused by staying AFK.
Maybe, to prove that a player has been active playing for an hour long, the system should aslo take into acount kills, egg breaks, blocks broken (I don't include blocks broken because it wouldn't be a good idea to encourage players to make enormous defenses causing the games to go even longer) items purchased (if it is possible), etc. This, way it can be proved that the player did something during the match and didn't just stand there AFK.
But that's just a detail, the big idea is what matters.
+1

Reactions: Jef15ist

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Solution:

This would encourage camping and other ways to make the game longer. No thanks.

Reactions: Jef15ist

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I doubt this to be honest. Players wouldn't camp just to get extra rewards for winning, considering they'd need to win in the first place making it an unguaranteed bonus, and maybe a potential huge waste of time.
What I mean though is they could go get diamonds, get over geared, and win the game and get lots of points. I know it isnt going to happen 100% but some might actually do it.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
What I mean though is they could go get diamonds, get over geared, and win the game and get lots of points. I know it isnt going to happen 100% but some might actually do it.
You're pretty much describing the average game already.
This is always going to happen, and I doubt this reward would be any more reason for the campers to do that. At that point, their reward is pretty deserved if they had the patience to stick through that game and win.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
You're pretty much describing the average game already.
This is always going to happen, and I doubt this reward would be any more reason for the campers to do that. At that point, their reward is pretty deserved if they had the patience to stick through that game and win.
Ok. I was just saying the way I saw it.

Reactions: Gainfullterror
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Top Bottom