Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which of these ideas do you think should be implemented?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silphaer

Jul 9, 2016
Scotland
So, winning in games is great. Love it.
However, you could play a five minute game and get 20 points and 200 experience.
You could play a two hour game, and still only get 20 points and 200 experience.
You put much more time and effort into the second game, otherwise you wouldn't have lasted two hours, yet you still only get the same as what a five minute game would give you?
Isn't this a problem?
There's satisfaction from winning such a long game, but I personally find it's slightly undermined afterwards because you don't get anything extra in the long run.

You could reward this in several ways:

1: More Points for Longer Surviving Time

This one is clearly the most simple. You could do it as 1 point ever 10 minutes, or a certain amount of experience every certain amount of time, but it's an easy way to reward those who manage to survive longer. I think if you do add this, only living players should get it. If you get eliminated, staying in the game won't reward you points anymore.​
2: "Longest Game" Statistic
You could add to the statistics (wins, games played, kills, deaths, etc.) a "Longest Game Time". This would reward playing games longer because you'd have the satisfaction of breaking your previous record. This could theoretically be a problem though, because people might camp to drag out games, so I wouldn't recommend this one.​
3: A Long Game Achievement
You could add an achievement that's something like "Play a game of [minigame] that lasts [x] amount of time". You could even add an achievement that rewards short games. If you're adding this achievement though, it should be winning, not just playing, so you can't be rewarded for just camping and surviving for a long time that way, or have another team cut the game short or so. You have to be on the winning team.
Obviously there are problems with all of these, but I personally think that you should be rewarded in some way for putting more effort in.

I've frequently been kind of disappointed when I've played a really long game and done really well but only ever got the same reward for it.

Reactions: Jeff_Bllkth

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
1: More Points for Longer Surviving Time
This one is clearly the most simple. You could do it as 1 point ever 10 minutes, or a certain amount of experience every certain amount of time, but it's an easy way to reward those who manage to survive longer. I think if you do add this, only living players should get it. If you get eliminated, staying in the game won't reward you points anymore.
Could definitely encourage players to kill anyone else in solo without directly crossteaming, and then AFK'ing for a long time. This would give them undeserved points.
This could be resolved by capping the amount of points you can get, but they could still end up trying the same thing.

2: "Longest Game" Statistic
You could add to the statistics (wins, games played, kills, deaths, etc.) a "Longest Game Time". This would reward playing games longer because you'd have the satisfaction of breaking your previous record. This could theoretically be a problem though, because people might camp to drag out games, so I wouldn't recommend this one.
I don't think this would encourage camping too much, but this seems pointless to those who don't care about their statistics.

3: A Long Game Achievement
You could add an achievement that's something like "Play a game of [minigame] that lasts [x] amount of time". You could even add an achievement that rewards short games. If you're adding this achievement though, it should be winning, not just playing, so you can't be rewarded for just camping and surviving for a long time that way, or have another team cut the game short or so. You have to be on the winning team.
Wouldn't fix the problem you mentioned, as the achievement can only be unlocked once.

A bigger reward for WINNING a long game however, would be pretty practical.

Silphaer

Jul 9, 2016
Scotland
Yes, I said I am aware it could encourage camping, but you could find ways to discourage that - Higher punishments for camping, cap on points gained from that and such. You could always change it so you get points for walking more blocks in game, but that theoretically could be done whilst camping as well, sadly. These were basically just theoretical suggestions, but I think if we were able to find a way of doing this without encouraging camping, it should certainly be added.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom