Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want RetroCube? [Read before commenting]

• Total voters

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Heyo people of the internet,
As you can easily see, there are lots of people that are leaving. The reason? CubeCraft is changing.

Reading some "goodbye" threads from some of my friends (especially from @komododragon 2002 ), I came with an idea: Creating RetroCube.

What is RetroCube?

RetroCube will be a compilation of all the clasic lobbies and minigames, that CubeCraft had.

Which minigames will be included?

There will be the Classic FreeBuild ( Classic Factions), Classic Parkour, Tower Defenders, Classic EggWars, Classic SkyWars, MoneyWalls and Classic Arcade.

Uhhh, Classic?

With 'Classic' I mean from CubeCraft before March 2016. All the Classic Minigames will have their original maps, kits, modes, etc.

For instance, Arcade will contain the beloved Parkour Minigame.
With Classic FreeBuild I am refering to the ol' good lobby, and their original mechanics.

How to Join RetroCube?

On the "minigame selector" compass, on a corner, it can be a Clock (simbolizing time) and when you click it, it will connect you to the old CubeCraft

Any other feature?

Yes, you will be able to select the classic Forum's themes.

Read this before commenting:
"It will take time from Developers" --> Come on, CubeCraft has a lot of skilled Developers...
"Most maps/codes are now deleted" --> If they want to bring back the old Community and save CubeCraft, better rebuild/recode the old maps/plugins.
"The past is the past" --> Do you prefer the "6k players CubeCraft" or the "25k players CubeCraft"?

EDIT: Player record was reached in January 2016....

Last edited:

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
WOuld be nice to have everything like it was before but it will of course not be added...

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
Yeah, it would actually be nice to have them back, and I do want 25K people instead of 6K.
You're arguments are pretty good ;)

Reactions: Simbaaa

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
It probably won't be done untill next summer 2023, but i totally agree! Although, i don't know about Freebuild (skyblock) i think they removed it or something, and I'm not going to start all over again. (I still enjoy the forums, so why not?)
But...
Heyo people of the internet,
As you can easily see, there are lots of people that are leaving. The reason? CubeCraft is changing.

Reading some "goodbye" threads from some of my friends (especially from @komododragon 2002 ), I came with an idea: Creating RetroCube.

What is RetroCube?

RetroCube will be a compilation of all the clasic lobbies and minigames, that CubeCraft had.

Which minigames will be included?

There will be the Classic FreeBuild ( Classic Factions), Classic Parkour, Tower Defenders, Classic EggWars, Classic SkyWars, MoneyWalls and Classic Arcade.

Uhhh, Classic?

With 'Classic' I mean from CubeCraft before March 2016. All the Classic Minigames will have their original maps, kits, modes, etc.

For instance, Arcade will contain the beloved Parkour Minigame.
With Classic FreeBuild I am refering to the ol' good lobby, and their original mechanics.

How to Join RetroCube?

On the "minigame selector" compass, on a corner, it can be a Clock (simbolizing time) and when you click it, it will connect you to the old CubeCraft

Any other feature?

Yes, you will be able to select the classic Forum's themes.

Read this before commenting:
"It will take time from Developers" --> Come on, CubeCraft has a lot of skilled Developers...
"Most maps/codes are now deleted" --> If they want to bring back the old Community and save CubeCraft, better rebuild/recode the old maps/plugins.
"The past is the past" --> Do you prefer the "6k players CubeCraft" or the "25k players CubeCraft"?

EDIT: Player record was reached in January 2016....
normally I would say no to this sort of thing but if it is doable then sure especially after the Arcade update

Reactions: ElPtricko

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Arcade will contain the beloved Parkour Minigame.
@Soph

In relation to the idea, I love it. However, it might divide the community, and will no doubt cost a lot to uphold :( Perhaps RetroCube could have ranks separate from current cube, to compensate the cost of running this many servers?

_AmazingWays_

Jul 11, 2016
Reprotland
I totally agree! It would be really awesome if the ''classic'' games are coming back to Cubecraft. If they add this back, not only the games will be back, but also many old players will come back. (Like you said)
-Great suggestion!

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHam

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
It would be nice to have some of the game modes back but I don't think they're all going to be brought back since some were too unpopular or would be too much to try to fix to bring back. Although I hope some get brought back (Quake/Skyblock/Factions) I don't think it's a reasonable suggestion.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Yes yes yes yes yes! As a veteran, I really miss the old cubecraft. Not only some members, but also the games and lobbies cubecraft used to have. If this is added, I'd spend my whole life there.
giphy.gif

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
I would love to see the old Cube again. The old Cube is what make it so popular. Now cube is declining in players very rapidly. I really loved the old lobbies and especially the old creative. But, I highly doubt it will happen considering nothing the community has constantly suggested over and over has ever been brought back. Maybe this can end that...? O.o

Reactions: ElPtricko
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom