Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want RetroCube? [Read before commenting]

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 204478

It's a bit of a strange suggestion, and can look very foreign compared to other servers. But this is where uniqueness and originality comes in, it's a pretty decent suggestion, many people see others talking about nostalgia of Cube long ago from now, and maybe they wished to experience it, so I don't mind having this in Cubecraft, it's cool and feels outside the box. ;)

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Honestly, this is needed imo.

I've been playing on CubeCraft since about March 2016.
So I haven't seen much of the "Old CubeCraft", But I've seen some and heard of most of it.

It would be nice to see the Past right before my eyes again ;)

Also, I'm pretty confident that this will boost out player base by a decent amount, assuming most people who left loves the old Cube better.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
A lot of the older games got removed because they were unpopular. Sure, there's a few gems from the past like Hide and Seek, but you're literally suggesting bringing back the games our community decided were the least worth playing.

As I said in other threads, the arcade update will make working new games into the arcade easier than before, so it's entirely possible we'll add new games or even bring old ones back. For the moment, we have no solid plans to do such things, but you need to realize that progress doesn't happen overnight.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
A lot of the older games got removed because they were unpopular. Sure, there's a few gems from the past like Hide and Seek, but you're literally suggesting bringing back the games our community decided were the least worth playing.

As I said in other threads, the arcade update will make working new games into the arcade easier than before, so it's entirely possible we'll add new games or even bring old ones back. For the moment, we have no solid plans to do such things, but you need to realize that progress doesn't happen overnight.
That could be right. However, removing all old arcade games has happened instantly. And i don't think I'm the only one, when i say that i liked the older maps/ games more (or even) than the new ones.
I agree that some of them were outdated, but that doesn't mean they have to be removed at all! Also, i prefer an outdated lobby and old maps with more variety (and in my opinion still great games) instead of an amazing lobby with only 5 games. I liked the layer spleef, new paintball and the idea of mixed arcade, but I'm not into barn brawl, since it's just based on luck and sort of cross teaming. Wing rush looks really cool in my opinion, but that could've been a game by it's own. Line dash is basically a revamp of snowdown, which looks also really cool. I mean, i really like most of the new games. However, i don't like the fact that you replaced the old ones with the new ones. Why not both? That's basically where this thread is about! And i totally agree!

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
That could be right. However, removing all old arcade games has happened instantly. And i don't think I'm the only one, when i say that i liked the older maps/ games more (or even) than the new ones.
I agree that some of them were outdated, but that doesn't mean they have to be removed at all! Also, i prefer an outdated lobby and old maps with more variety (and in my opinion still great games) instead of an amazing lobby with only 5 games. I liked the layer spleef, new paintball and the idea of mixed arcade, but I'm not into barn brawl, since it's just based on luck and sort of cross teaming. Wing rush looks really cool in my opinion, but that could've been a game by it's own. Line dash is basically a revamp of snowdown, which looks also really cool. I mean, i really like most of the new games. However, i don't like the fact that you replaced the old ones with the new ones. Why not both? That's basically where this thread is about! And i totally agree!

And btw, ofcourse, if there hasn't been an update in around three years, games become less popular. So what I'm basically trying to say, in my opinion, cubecraft should focus more on new maps and abilities for older games, instead of replacing them with total new games.

Reactions: DrHam
D

Deleted member 324613

Ugh... it sure does make me cringe when people talk about the "good ol' days" and "old cubecraft", as if adding a bunch of old games that hardly anyone played would help the server other than for the sake of nostalgia. I would like the Halloween map with players dropping items back on FFA, but would that really being back a bunch of players? I think there's other reasons why Cube's getting lower player counts.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Ugh... it sure does make me cringe when people talk about the "good ol' days" and "old cubecraft", as if adding a bunch of old games that hardly anyone played would help the server other than for the sake of nostalgia. I would like the Halloween map with players dropping items back on FFA, but would that really being back a bunch of players? I think there's other reasons why Cube's getting lower player counts.
It would bring back quite a few especially since the Arcade update

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Vimiks

May 30, 2017
I think one potential reason the player count has dropped could be due to the lack of youtubers on the side. During 2016 there were A LOT of very popular youtubers playing egg wars. I'm not completely opposed to this idea, if it brought in more players then it would be awesome :D

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Personally, I love the idea. I certainly do miss certain games..

I'm just not sure if the Developers will consider this idea.

Reactions: Vimiks
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
💙
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday:D
Reesle wrote on SalasmonkeGG's profile.
Thank you for the follow! :D
Pluisje wrote on Hoshi's profile.
💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼
Eli wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Top Bottom