Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should happen?

• Long Time No Speak should stay the same. (State why in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Overpowered Eloquence should stay the same. (State why in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
My opinion and view on this hasn't changed from the initial suggestion to change them. Trophies aren't intended for you to be able to collect them all, it's working as intended.
Aren't trophies basically just like achievements?
You're supposed to be able to collect them all. What's the point of having achievements that are literally impossible to do? Why does this "punish" (not an actual punishment, but you get the gist) the ones who decided to be active since a while ago? If we were all newcomers to the forums, then I'd be okay with it, but us older members have literally no chance at getting it, knowing that it's because of our decision to be active.

As the person that implemented the trophies I can categorically reassure you that they aren't intended to be all collected. It is also not a reward for inactivity, it's a welcome back bonus for someone that has been inactive on the boards for a while. Perhaps I could look at implementing some high post count/like ratio trophies at some point, but we'll see.
Again: What's the point in having trophies you can't get? It's like having achievements that you can't achieve. It just seems redundant to me.
As the name suggest, a trophy is a reward for doing something. In this case, you're giving someone a trophy for not being active. In other words, you're giving someone a reward for not being active.
Also, this is just a suggestion to change the two existing trophies. New trophies could be cool and all, but that's completely irrelevant to what this suggestion is about.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
As the person that implemented the trophies I can categorically reassure you that they aren't intended to be all collected.
Though I don’t personally agree this is a good move
I won’t judge you for it as being it was you even vision it plays by your rules
It is also not a reward for inactivity, it's a welcome back bonus for someone that has been inactive on the boards for a while.
Fair enough
Except here’s the thing
This trophy doesn’t need to exist to be a welcome back bonus at all
You added diffferent one that would work better

Here’s the achievement

Long Time No Speak
User has been registered for 1 year and posted less than 1 post per day (364)

This has to be achieved in the first year to be achieved at all

However since it has to be achieved in the first year
It means that without it there will still be a welcome back bonus

One Year Anniversary
Member has been registered at least 365 days.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
As the person that implemented the trophies I can categorically reassure you that they aren't intended to be all collected. It is also not a reward for inactivity, it's a welcome back bonus for someone that has been inactive on the boards for a while. Perhaps I could look at implementing some high post count/like ratio trophies at some point, but we'll see.
Why does @Power Ranger has the trophy then? (No hate against you, but that doesn't make sense)

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Because Tacos and marcoslater merged his both accounts. In his "2nd Curch of the Power Ranger" he had this trophie
Okay, so if I understand @Quetzi we first have to make dozens of garbage Blockband memes and receive many likes and posts. (Power Ranger has nothing to do with this) Then make a second acount, post even more garbage memes. Let that account die. Login after a year. Forget your password on your main account. Make spam under every staff account to ask for a merge of both accounts AND THEN you'll obtain all trophies? That is even more useless than waiting for Blockband to come back.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I'm trying to get that "get less than 365 posts in a year" trophy not easy limiting my posts and reducing my overall activity on the forums to get this "long time no speak" trophy
As for overpowered eloquence... why can't it be "have 1000 more likes than posts" so I can be motivated to create good content !
On the other hand
As the person that implemented the trophies I can categorically reassure you that they aren't intended to be all collected.
Well... thank goodness for that.
Trophies have points associated to them,
aren't trophies and points meant to be collectible items ?
Why are they displayed to other members ? If they aren't intended to be collected I would have made the achievements only visible to the member who achieved them and have no points associated to them.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Why are they displayed to other members ? If they aren't intended to be collected I would have made the achievements only visible to the member who achieved them and have no points associated to them.
not to mention: https://www.cubecraft.net/members/?type=points
As for overpowered eloquence... why can't it be "have 1000 more likes than posts" so I can be motivated to create good content !
^^
There a way to keep it and make it possible

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Bumpedy bump
17 for yes to changes, 0 for no to changes.
Poll aside, it'd be nice if you could answer these posts too:

You're supposed to be able to collect them all. What's the point of having achievements that are literally impossible to do? Why does this "punish" (not an actual punishment, but you get the gist) the ones who decided to be active since a while ago? If we were all newcomers to the forums, then I'd be okay with it, but us older members have literally no chance at getting it, knowing that it's because of our decision to be active.

Again: What's the point in having trophies you can't get? It's like having achievements that you can't achieve. It just seems redundant to me.
As the name suggest, a trophy is a reward for doing something. In this case, you're giving someone a trophy for not being active. In other words, you're giving someone a reward for not being active.
Also, this is just a suggestion to change the two existing trophies. New trophies could be cool and all, but that's completely irrelevant to what this suggestion is about.
Okay, so if I understand @Quetzi we first have to make dozens of garbage Blockband memes and receive many likes and posts. (Power Ranger has nothing to do with this) Then make a second acount, post even more garbage memes. Let that account die. Login after a year. Forget your password on your main account. Make spam under every staff account to ask for a merge of both accounts AND THEN you'll obtain all trophies? That is even more useless than waiting for Blockband to come back.
I'm trying to get that "get less than 365 posts in a year" trophy not easy limiting my posts and reducing my overall activity on the forums to get this "long time no speak" trophy
On the other hand

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I hate to have to bump this again, but I haven't received any other responses since what I said last.
I'll just say it again: Trophies are basically achievements, right? What's the point in adding unobtainable achievements? That defeats the purpose of an achievement.
And you're literally rewarding people for being inactive. They get trophy points for it. Why make it worth any trophy points if it's not supposed to be rewarding?
There are 18 votes supporting these changes, and 0 votes against these changes.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I do agree with changing the Long time no speak one. Players shouldn't be rewarded for doing nothing or being inactive. The other one is fine in my opinion.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
@Quetzi Please just respond to what we said & give us something to work with? It's been quite a while since we responded to you last. This thread has support from 18 others excluding myself, and not a single person is against changing it.
There's a few posts I'd love to get some answers from:

I hate to have to bump this again, but I haven't received any other responses since what I said last.
I'll just say it again: Trophies are basically achievements, right? What's the point in adding unobtainable achievements? That defeats the purpose of an achievement.
And you're literally rewarding people for being inactive. They get trophy points for it. Why make it worth any trophy points if it's not supposed to be rewarding?
There are 18 votes supporting these changes, and 0 votes against these changes.
On the other hand

I'll probably be remaking this suggestion in a future thread in a few months.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
My opinion and view on this hasn't changed from the initial suggestion to change them. Trophies aren't intended for you to be able to collect them all, it's working as intended.
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Top Bottom