Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should happen?

• Long Time No Speak should stay the same. (State why in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Overpowered Eloquence should stay the same. (State why in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
So I once suggested this a while back right after the new forums trophies were added, and the thread didn't get much attention. So I'll be suggesting it again since I still have a problem with this:
For those of you who don't know already, there are two forums trophies which are unobtainable for those who have been active on the forums for a long time. These two trophies are:
Long Time No Speak
"User has been registered for 1 year and posted less than 1 post per day (364)"

Overpowered Eloquence
"User has less than 1k posts and over 2k likes. Someone is way too eloquent."

So, Long Time No Speak is basically awarding those who aren't active on the forums. It makes 0 sense to me that you'd reward someone for inactivity, and this trophy is the reason that most of the active members can't get all trophies anymore. Heck, even if I was eligible for that trophy in the past, I can't get it now since it was only recently added. That's 10 trophy points I, and many others, will never be able to obtain unless we somehow get to merge an inactive account with ours similar to what another forums member was able to do.
What do we do with this trophy?
I'd honestly just say: Remove it. But I don't know how that would affect the exisiting accounts with this trophy since it's a value that would have to be removed, so I'll suggest this instead:
If that doesn't work, then change the requirement to be something like "Have over 365 posts and be registered for over a year" along with a fitting name change.

Overpowered Eloquence is in a similar situation. Many of us can't get it anymore, because it was just recently added to the forums. And this one is worth a whopping 70 trophy points. It's the same deal: It's as if the active posters of the past were punished for posting a lot. Now, I know for a fact that when I reached a thousand posts, I was only at about 500 likes or so. I wouldn't have necessarily reached the requirements back then if it were a thing anyways. (But comparing the past to now, likes are ridiculously easy to get nowadays since everybody just spams them for some reason. Heck, I even got over a thousand likes in the course of 37 days not too long ago, and I feel that that alone fits "Overpowered Eloquence" much more)
The change I propose for this is simple: Instead of making it "Have over 2k likes and less than 1K posts", just make it "Have 2k likes more than you do posts". This would fit the name, wouldn't it?

I don't know about you, but I feel that trophies are supposed to be something that everyone should be able to obtain. Newly registered members have this privilege, but us older ones have no chance at either of the trophies since they were only recently implemented.

D

Deleted member 169486

So, Long Time No Speak is basically awarding those who aren't active on the forums. It makes 0 sense to me that you'd reward someone for inactivity, and this trophy is the reason that most of the active members can't get all trophies anymore. Heck, even if I was eligible for that trophy in the past, I can't get it now since it was only recently added. That's 10 trophy points I, and many others, will never be able to obtain unless we somehow get to merge an inactive account with ours similar to what another forums member was able to do.
What do we do with this trophy?
I'd honestly just say: Remove it. But I don't know how that would affect the exisiting accounts with this trophy since it's a value that would have to be removed, so I'll suggest this instead:
If that doesn't work, then change the requirement to be something like "Have over 365 posts and be registered for over a year" along with a fitting name change.
Maybe make it has less then 1 post per day since joined? Even then that may be hard.

Overpowered Eloquence is in a similar situation. Many of us can't get it anymore, because it was just recently added to the forums. And this one is worth a whopping 70 trophy points. It's the same deal: It's as if the active posters of the past were punished for posting a lot. Now, I know for a fact that when I reached a thousand posts, I was only at about 500 likes or so. I wouldn't have necessarily reached the requirements back then if it were a thing anyways. (But comparing the past to now, likes are ridiculously easy to get nowadays since everybody just spams them for some reason. Heck, I even got over a thousand likes in the course of 37 days not too long ago, and I feel that that alone fits "Overpowered Eloquence" much more)
The change I propose for this is simple: Instead of making it "Have over 2k likes and less than 1K posts", just make it "Have 2k likes more than you do posts". This would fit the name, wouldn't it?
Have double the number of posts be half that of your likes?

Reactions: Gainfullterror

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Maybe make it has less then 1 post per day since joined? Even then that may be hard.
I've been registered for little over 700 days, and have over 4000 posts...
Again: This would reward inactivity.

Have double the number of posts be half that of your likes?
This one already sort of exists, along with the requirement of having over 500 posts:
02e371fb5d9e700c2e1a23551625c92d.png

D

Deleted member 100818

I don't know about you, but I feel that trophies are supposed to be something that everyone should be able to obtain. Newly registered members have this privilege, but us older ones have no chance at either of the trophies since they were only recently implemented.

This is enough reason to remove these trophies. No more words needed. I'd be honest, I didn't even noticed it. I did notice that there was a trophie update but I never realised that they were not obtainable for a lot of people. This is the same agument I used on my topic about adding unobtainable items to the shop, but to stay on topic here, agreed.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
This is enough reason to remove these trophies. No more words needed. I'd be honest, I didn't even noticed it. I did notice that there was a trophie update but I never realised that they were not obtainable for a lot of people. This is the same agument I used on my topic about adding unobtainable items to the shop, but to stay on topic here, agreed.
(although this is a little off topic, I'll say it anyways)
In regards to the event shop items: Anyone could've gotten them if they were on the server at the time. For these trophies, it's almost the exact opposite: Barely any can get them unless they're newly registered, making it unfair for the older members who can't get them due to the fact that these trophies are a recent implementation

D

Deleted member 100818

(although this is a little off topic, I'll say it anyways)
In regards to the event shop items: Anyone could've gotten them if they were on the server at the time. For these trophies, it's almost the exact opposite: Barely any can get them unless they're newly registered, making it unfair for the older members who can't get them due to the fact that these trophies are a recent implementation
Well I was more talking about this argument said by you: "I don't know about you, but I feel that trophies are supposed to be something that everyone should be able to obtain." Not about the stuff that came next to that. I made a mistake while cutting your comment, my bad

Anyways it’s unfair to older members and it should be changed, that’s basically all there is to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 352903

I would like to see this edits :3
But I don't want them to be removed.

D

Deleted member 352903

Can some staff give their opinion on this suggestions? This is like the 3rd thread about these 2 trophie points. @Quetzi @Marieke2001

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
My opinion and view on this hasn't changed from the initial suggestion to change them. Trophies aren't intended for you to be able to collect them all, it's working as intended.

D

Deleted member 352903

My opinion and view on this hasn't changed from the initial suggestion to change them. Trophies aren't intended for you to be able to collect them all, it's working as intended.
I agree with this, but to get the Overpowered Eloquence you need less than 1000 messages. How will you get it if you have 6000 messages? You can’t delete your messages :u
Oh and I’m not saying this because I want to get it. (I already did :d)

F

Facelurite

but online trophy points are pretty worthless

Edit: im neutral on this dont reply to me thx if ur staff delete my comment

D

Deleted member 100818

Trophies aren't intended for you to be able to collect them all.
I think they are. It's a reward of being active on the forums and being part of the community. Having a reward for inactivity is absurd, it would stimulate people to be inactive on the forums and that would ruin the forums which used to be so active. Removing it wouldn't really be necessary but just changing it like Gain suggested would solve this issue. Just an opinion tho.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
As the person that implemented the trophies I can categorically reassure you that they aren't intended to be all collected. It is also not a reward for inactivity, it's a welcome back bonus for someone that has been inactive on the boards for a while. Perhaps I could look at implementing some high post count/like ratio trophies at some point, but we'll see.

F

Facelurite

D12F988D-F5EA-4FE8-9038-5DAD7D5F1E23.jpeg

Ok. Ive come up with a respone. If you want to collect useless online points for some reason you should be able to. I think Overpowered eloquence can go though, since its impossible for some people. But the other one is technically possible, it it’d be nice to tease people who want the online points so bad.

D

Deleted member 352903

As the person that implemented the trophies I can categorically reassure you that they aren't intended to be all collected. It is also not a reward for inactivity, it's a welcome back bonus for someone that has been inactive on the boards for a while. Perhaps I could look at implementing some high post count/like ratio trophies at some point, but we'll see.
Long Time no Speak is indeed a welcome back bonus, and you can also get it if you're an active member.
But Overpowered Eloquence is a quite unfair trophie. There is a trophie leaderboard, and logically there are users who want to be in it. They want to have all of the trophies, but they can't. Because they have over 1000 messages. Our suggestion is simple: a user with 2000 more likes than posts should get this trophie. That would be fair

D

Deleted member 100818

But the other one is technically possible.
It is indeed possible but the whole point is that if you're a hardcore trophie collector (and yes there are a lot of those) it'd stimulate you to be inactive for a long time just to get that trophie, which is a useless one due to the fact that you have to be inactive to get it.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom