Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Hello there!

This is to be honest my second thread and people already think that I'm annoying so this will probably turn out bad but eh…

And this maybe isn't a real suggestion but kinda..

Anyway, I make this thread because of how the reports get handled, other languages than English, Dutch and Spanish are not something they choose so take that much time to solve sometimes. Last few days I have start to looking for Swedish reports and I got over 70 in just 2-3 days, that's a lot and there is just 1 person who can handle the reports or at least handle them without using google translate. This bother me a lot to be honest, that I have to translate all my reports or that the Mods have to use google translate, google translate don't even translate things right and some things that are very very rude to say in Swedish doesn't really matter in English and I most of the time have to explain my reports if people who don't speak the language want to handle it.

This is also a big problem for the server, I can't say anything about other languages but it's a lot of Swedish people on the server, maybe not on the forums but a few thousand Swedish people play on the server every day. Most of them don't make reports in Swedish or don't even know how to use the forums because they don't speak or understand English and it's hard for them to understand the links on the server and how the forum page work when they can't understand it.

I guess my point is that Mods shouldn't be allowed to use google translate, I rather that they ask me about the report (if they can) or that they just don't handle it. Cubecraft need a lot more staff because compared to how many players who play on Cubecraft every day, it's not enough.
I would really love to see some Swedish staff and staff who maybe speak some other languages too, the server really need it and why not try to make it as good as possible for everyone?

And I also know that this is not just something you fix over a night, maybe it take some time but it will make the server so much better if they for real think about this and can open the applications just to get some good new Helpers who speak other languages and can help the server out.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I can't agree more with you , this is a big problem on cubecraft. There're a lot of people who speak other languages and do not understand the basics of English so they're not able to report someone or to report a a bug. But I understand that not everyone in the staff team is able to speak every language so it is kinda hard to find a staff team who is able to understand every language.
I rather that they ask me about the report (if they can) or that they just don't handle it.
This can go wrong , there're still some players who will translate/explain it wrong to the staff members and they will falsly punish someone without any good reason.

Reactions: Livvv

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I can't agree more with you , this is a big problem on cubecraft. There're a lot of people who speak other languages and do not understand the basics of English so they're not able to report someone or to report a a bug. But I understand that not everyone in the staff team is able to speak every language so it is kinda hard to find a staff team who is able to understand every language.

This can go wrong , there're still some players who will translate/explain it wrong to the staff members and they will falsly punish someone without any good reason.
I know but I kinda translate reports sometimes and they can even check my translate with google translate to get something similar even if my translation is better.

Reactions: Zombiepower

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I understand that you want reports in other languages but Cubecraft is at least needed one mod that speaks that language. And I think it is hard to find a mod for every language, but not in every country there is someone that wants to be a mod.

I agree, but then there have to be mods that speak that language otherwise this can't be added.
The thing is that, there is no Swedish Mod who handle reports.. :/ and I know that there are some Swedish people on the forum and they could probably accept someone of they reopen the applications.

Reactions: Siftenly

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I completely agree. I don't think any moderator should be using google translate only for reports or a collection of online translators. The meaning of most things that are reported-able can't really be translated well by most translators because different countries hold different words to completely different standards. What might even difectly translate to a pretty normal word in one language could be considered an extremely profane word in another.

I've seen a lot of Swedish kids in the lucky islands lobbies that break the rules a lot, ask a lot of questions about the server, or do things I would consider pretty dangerous on the Internet. It would be really nice to have more Swedish speaking staff members moderating the lucky islands lobbies (and more mods in general in lucky islands). The Swedish people really need at least some help and I'm not even close to fluent enough yet to help them myself.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I completely agree. I don't think any moderator should be using google translate only for reports or a collection of online translators. The meaning of most things that are reported-able can't really be translated well by most translators because different countries hold different words to completely different standards. What might even difectly translate to a pretty normal word in one language could be considered an extremely profane word in another.

I've seen a lot of Swedish kids in the lucky islands lobbies that break the rules a lot, ask a lot of questions about the server, or do things I would consider pretty dangerous on the Internet. It would be really nice to have more Swedish speaking staff members moderating the lucky islands lobbies (and more mods in general in lucky islands). The Swedish people really need at least some help and I'm not even close to fluent enough yet to help them myself.
Yea, to share your number or where you live isn't that smart + they just ask questions random in the global chat and no one there can answer because most of the Swedish people are under 15 and don't know so much about the server ;-;

Also, it's really hard to help just Swedish people even if you speak fluent Swedish because a few things doesn't really work to explain in Swedish tbh.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
We are always looking for staff members who speak more than just English as it does help us with these difficult situations of other languages being used in an unpleasant manner. As a result (once helper applications open) if you do speak a language which may not be present in the staff team, it may give you a cutting edge over other applicants. :]

I can definitely see why you’re upset regarding moderators using google translate, however the amount of players who could lie about what a player says versus the truth could lead to us falsely muting a player. We would use it as insurance so that the risk of it happening will be marginal.

I do understand your concerns though. There are some holes in the staff team where languages are not spoken, therefore it may be difficult for us to deal with. We will try to as much as we can to ensure that players do get muted as soon as possible, however we cannot learn Swedish in a blink of an eye. :P

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I know this site called "duolingo" where you can learn the basics of a new language if you put your back into it :). I know basic dutch as the server has a huge playerbase of players who speak Dutch. I personally don't know even a single phrase in Swedish but if I wanted I can always learn it. It's free too.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I know this site called "duolingo" where you can learn the basics of a new language if you put your back into it :). I know basic dutch as the server has a huge playerbase of players who speak Dutch. I personally don't know even a single phrase in Swedish but if I wanted I can always learn it. It's free too.
Duolingo can only do so much though and it won't teach you any swear words/the severity of swear words. At the end of the course you never get 100% fluency and tbh with me I think it overestimates my fluency after I finished the Swedish course. I can read about 90% of what people write on the server in Swedish but right now making a good response to some questions is pretty difficult for me. I can still learn more but I don't think I'll ever be close to "fluent" off of duolingo alone. I don't even really think a moderator who has finished a duolingo course in a specific language should do reports in that language unless they've done much more practice and learning outside of duolingo.
image.png

I don't know why it's so big D:

Reactions: Jef15ist

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I'm Swedish and I tried duolingo, that app say that I speak 39% fluent Swedish and I had pretty good grades when I finished school.

Reactions: Dutudy

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
You’re kinda right, I see a lot of Swedish people swearing in chat ( especially on lucky islands) but using google translate isn’t always the best solution. Google translate can be wrong and it sometimes doesn’t make sense.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
You’re kinda right, I see a lot of Swedish people swearing in chat ( especially on lucky islands) but using google translate isn’t always the best solution. Google translate can be wrong and it sometimes doesn’t make sense.
Yea, lucky islands chat is like the worst on the server tbh ;-; people are so awful against each other and I just hate this so much.
Like the word "jävla", translate that with google translate and you get "damn" but it's much worse in Swedish.

Reactions: Shamel

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
Yea, lucky islands chat is like the worst on the server tbh ;-; people are so awful against each other and I just hate this so much.
Like the word "jävla", translate that with google translate and you get "damn" but it's much worse in Swedish.
That’s my point, now “damn” isn’t really a bad word but “jävla” is a bad word. I’m sorry to say this but there isn’t really another solution other than hiring someone who can speak Swedish. But I guess they they can make it so staff can ask someone who they trust.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
That’s my point, now “damn” isn’t really a bad word but “jävla” is a bad word. I’m sorry to say this but there isn’t really another solution other than hiring someone who can speak Swedish. But I guess they they can make it so staff can ask someone who they trust.
I used to translate all my reports but to translate 70 reports take time and 1 Mod can handle my reports but he ask me sometimes if it's some word he don't understand because google translate don't really help him. But if they open the applications, I'm sure that they can find 1-2 really good Swedish Helpers.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday mister Ducky 🎉🥳
BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy bday 🥳
Xi1m wrote on Kloska's profile.
happy birthday!!