Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Does the report system need changing?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 10, 2020
I just tried to report someone for hacking in Eggwars and my report was declined. Let me tell you why the reporting system does not work and needs to be changed:

1. Video evidence is required, which I totally understand but the way they make it out is that everyone just has screen recording software all the time when they play Minecraft and I think most people will agree with me that they don't do this because, well, they aren't YouTubers!
2. It is impossible to upload videos using this system without uploading to YouTube first, which in my opinion should not be compulsory. This thread system does not allow you to post .mp4 files which means you can't upload videos therefore it doesn't work.
3. The person who replied to my thread, trying to report someone, told me "all four corners of the screen must be seen" and then linked this, https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-report-a-bedrock-player-or-bug.220859/ , which by the way says nothing about needing all 4 corners of the screen in the video!
4. The person who replied to my report, and declined it, also closed the thread as if to stop me expressing my concerns about the report system as a reply to their, very short, comment.

Here's how I think you can improve, do not use this weird fake Reddit thread system! Just set up an email where people can easily give you the information on reports privately and attach videos. It would be so much easier and save everyone alot of time.

Thanks for listening to me, I really hope something will come from this because there are more and more cheaters and hackers on the cubecraft server everyday and it really feels like this system is favouring them by making it near impossible to have a report actually go through.

Elena

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I think their current report system works fine. Making it into an email system would just overcomplicate things IMO.

I'm going to quote what @TheBrownster said regarding not being able to directly upload MP4's to the website.
"Uploading videos directly to the website is not really an option. It takes large amounts of storage to keep videos, so it would be quite expensive for Cube to implement a system that could keep evidence for months/years as more and more people report. Screenshots take significantly less space, so you can store hundreds of thousands of screenshots easily.
That is why we use a third party site like YouTube. Free to create an account so anyone is able to do so, and then you just link your evidence once it is uploaded. "

Its protocol for them to lock the thread after they replied to your report, whether its handled, already punished, or in your case, closed.

Now for improving it, I think the /report command would be wonderful to have on the bedrock server for VIP members kind of like how Java edition does it. But it isn't the right time to implement that feature since there are not a surplus amount of bedrock staff so adding that command would just cause players to be toxic to the staff because they wouldn't instantly reply to their /reports.

I checked out a different guidelines thread. It states "We do not allow cropped video evidence"
If you wanna check it out go here

Reactions: Josher

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Do you use screen recording software everytime you play? And are you using Bedrock or Java edition? Thanks for the reply!
I play both, and both of my devices have screen recorders built-in. Cubecraft should move Bedrock reports to the reports website with Java, which is hopefully coming soon with the new Passport system.

Jun 10, 2020
I think their current report system works fine. Making it into an email system would just overcomplicate things IMO.

I'm going to quote what @TheBrownster said regarding not being able to directly upload MP4's to the website.
"Uploading videos directly to the website is not really an option. It takes large amounts of storage to keep videos, so it would be quite expensive for Cube to implement a system that could keep evidence for months/years as more and more people report. Screenshots take significantly less space, so you can store hundreds of thousands of screenshots easily.
That is why we use a third party site like YouTube. Free to create an account so anyone is able to do so, and then you just link your evidence once it is uploaded. "

Its protocol for them to lock the thread after they replied to your report, whether its handled, already punished, or in your case, closed.

Now for improving it, I think the /report command would be wonderful to have on the bedrock server for VIP members kind of like how Java edition does it. But it isn't the right time to implement that feature since there are not a surplus amount of bedrock staff so adding that command would just cause players to be toxic to the staff because they wouldn't instantly reply to their /reports.

I checked out a different guidelines thread. It states "We do not allow cropped video evidence"
If you wanna check it out go here

Thanks for the reply, I just feel it is really difficult to capture video evidence that is uncropped, good quality and full screen when you aren't using screen recording software, which for me personally is not an option as I use a laptop which would not cope with any other program running as well as Minecraft, so what would you suggest I do for future reference?

Jun 10, 2020
I play both, and both of my devices have screen recorders built-in. Cubecraft should move Bedrock reports to the reports website with Java, which is hopefully coming soon with the new Passport system.

Yeah, I find it really hard as I can't have screen recorders running when I play the game because my laptop just can't take it so that leaves me completely stuck and unable to report, which I don't think is fair.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Yeah, I find it really hard as I can't have screen recorders running when I play the game because my laptop just can't take it so that leaves me completely stuck and unable to report, which I don't think is fair.
Have you ever considered adding keybinds? With them, you won't have to record endlessly.

On top of that, may I ask what kind of recording program you use?

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
1. Video evidence is required, which I totally understand but the way they make it out is that everyone just has screen recording software all the time when they play Minecraft and I think most people will agree with me that they don't do this because, well, they aren't YouTubers!
There are multiple free screen recording programs that are easy to use, and you can even use your phone to record, as long as the footage is watchable and the entire screen is being recorded. We need video evidence because for example, a screenshot of someone in the air proves nothing, they can be lagging.
. It is impossible to upload videos using this system without uploading to YouTube first, which in my opinion should not be compulsory. This thread system does not allow you to post .mp4 files which means you can't upload videos therefore it doesn't work.
Some else adressed this, but to add to it, for bedrock reports we allow any public website, as long as the evidence is publically watchable without requiring a download of the video.
3. The person who replied to my thread, trying to report someone, told me "all four corners of the screen must be seen" and then linked this, https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-report-a-bedrock-player-or-bug.220859/ , which by the way says nothing about needing all 4 corners of the screen in the video!
Those are the general guidelines, it is something that is defenitively missing on the article, but the mod gave you that info, so you now know you need the entire screen to report, not a huge issue since you still got the info.
4. The person who replied to my report, and declined it, also closed the thread as if to stop me expressing my concerns about the report system as a reply to their, very short, comment.
Every report gets closed after the mod makes a veredict, it's to prevent reviving of useless and old threads, not to silence any concerns. If you have question about anything, you can start a private conversation with a mod and they will be glad to help you out.
Here's how I think you can improve, do not use this weird fake Reddit thread system!
Just some general knowlegde, reddit follows a forum structure, and this was not created by reddit. Reddit was created way after the first forums existed, and cubecraft is just a forum, it's like accusing instagram of copying facebook for being a social network.

Just set up an email where people can easily give you the information on reports privately and attach videos. It would be so much easier and save everyone alot of time.
It is exactly the same thing for the user, except they can directly attach videos, but the thing it's way more complicated for staff to deal with, and the videos need to be publically available because the person who gets punished also needs to be able to see the video, so the mods would have to have the work to post the video to a website anyways, defeating the whole purpose.

Reactions: Queen Ualala

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
Hi there
Personally I like the reporting system as it is. It isn't difficult to use you just start recording the hacker when you notice him. and it's not hard to upload something to youtube.

1. You can start recording when u notice a hacker and there are a lot of free recording Softwares that are easy to use.
2. I don't see wai its a problem to upload the videos to youtube. you can make an extra account in seconds and If you don't want to do that you can always upload them and don't make them visible for everyone.
3. I have never had such a response.
4. they always close it when it's denied, you can make another report with better evidence or in your case with all the 4 corners visible.

GoodGuyZEK

May 29, 2019
Scotland
twitch.tv
I just tried to report someone for hacking in Eggwars and my report was declined. Let me tell you why the reporting system does not work and needs to be changed:

2. It is impossible to upload videos using this system without uploading to YouTube first, which in my opinion should not be compulsory. This thread system does not allow you to post .mp4 files which means you can't upload videos therefore it doesn't work.

Here's how I think you can improve, do not use this weird fake Reddit thread system! Just set up an email where people can easily give you the information on reports privately and attach videos. It would be so much easier and save everyone alot of time.

Thanks for listening to me, I really hope something will come from this because there are more and more cheaters and hackers on the cubecraft server everyday and it really feels like this system is favouring them by making it near impossible to have a report actually go through.

Elena

I'm just gonna respond to every point.

1. Video evidence is a requirement cause you NEED proof. You can't accuse anyone for something without undeniable evidence. Removing the requirement for video evidence would result in anarchy and legit players would be banned more frequently. It would be as simple as going "Jimbob is hacking" and they would be banned. Various platforms also have relatively easy video recording Softwares from built-in Xbox software to screen recording on your phone and OBS on PC. All easily set up in a couple of minutes. Video reports will always remain a requirement (unless you become a moderator where it isn't required) as claims without proof are unfair on the accused.

2. Uploading to youtube doesn't take long and if you trim the report to just where the cheater is cheating then it uploads in less than a minute depending on network speeds. It also makes it easier for the appeals page to show the punished the evidence against them. Furthermore, It isn't just youtube that they accept reports from. It is ANY public website that provides viewable evidence of the accused cheater.

3. This point is fair as the whole screen isn't viewable. On Windows 10 Edition the way hacks work is as an "inject" and often results in a watermark in one of the corners of the screen. On mobile, it's an overlay which is on the screen. It may be a rule to not have all corners viewable as you may be hiding your own hacks (Do not take this as an accusation). I do not know the real reason behind it and to be honest there is probably another reason behind it. It isn't exactly difficult either to have all the corners viewable

4. Moderators close the thread as the whole point of it is to report a cheater and if it's unsuccessful you are told why it wasn't and you go about your day. You can just as easily create a private conversation with that same moderator to express concerns OR you could make a new report, I've done that many times and it went from the original report being unsuccessful to being successful the second time. It isn't a hard thing to do either, just a few clicks.

Final words on your thread: You propose an email but the issue with this is that every moderator will need to have access to it and if a moderator is demoted and there is drama, the email may become compromised. There is so many issues with making an email that the hassle wouldn't be worth it. Not to say that some people may claim to remove it but in fact keep it.

Now I'm not saying there shouldn't be a rework in the reports system but unless there is gonna be anything SIGNIFICANTLY better than the forums then there isn't much point in changing. The current system works well enough. Many hackers are banned everyday across all platforms and some of the points made in the post are (in my opinion) coming from laziness. Most other servers operate the same way as CCG does. I'm not here to trash what you say but merely provide my own views on your point.

Vict0r

Jun 5, 2020
I upload my video for a minute. It isn't hard? Right? and actually I have only 2MB upload speed.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I don't think that the reporting process is bad, it's just that there are so many hackers that it takes too much time to report them all.. But this is an issue which will just be fixed over time when sentinel gets improved. I do think that there need to be a lot more staff on bedrock in the meantime though, shouldn't be hard to get some extra bedrock-only staff.

Reactions: ComicCastle6489
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
Top Bottom