Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2017
Hi, I got a warning a few days ago because I apparently swore? I said 'dik' which means fat in Dutch. It was meant to my friend who was eating (because we have a weird sense of humour) and not to somebody in the lobby, even though it may look like it. :/

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
Some people might think you meant a dufferent thing with that word, possibly to bypass the filter.
I would recommend you to chat privately with him next time (using /msg or /tell), just in case so that this won't happen again.
Or if there is a synonym to the word fat in dutch, then use that, since it could prevent it.

I will also recommend you to contact the moderator that warned you, or alternatively any other moderator about this matter.

Reactions: CubeTale
This is indeed a misunderstanding, the word ''dik'' or ''fat'' in general should not be mute or warnable unless you say the word ''dik'' (referring to the male private part) to bypass the word filter.
Contact the staff member who banned you like @ElPtricko said.
If you said the word ''dik'' in or with any sentence, translate the sentence too to prove that you were reffing to the word fat and not to the English word (using the screenshot where you got warned for). Your warning should hopefully be taken away after this.
If you have any other prove that you were referring to the dutch word, definitely mention/give this.
I hope this helped.

Reactions: ElPtricko
May 7, 2017
Some people might think you meant a dufferent thing with that word, possibly to bypass the filter.
I would recommend you to chat privately with him next time (using /msg or /tell), just in case so that this won't happen again.
Or if there is a synonym to the word fat in dutch, then use that, since it could prevent it.

I will also recommend you to contact the moderator that warned you, or alternatively any other moderator about this matter.
Thanks! :D

Reactions: ElPtricko
May 7, 2017
This is indeed a misunderstanding, the word ''dik'' or ''fat'' in general should not be mute or warnable unless you say the word ''dik'' (referring to the male private part) to bypass the word filter.
Contact the staff member who banned you like @ElPtricko said.
If you said the word ''dik'' in or with any sentence, translate the sentence too to prove that you were reffing to the word fat and not to the English word (using the screenshot where you got warned for). Your warning should hopefully be taken away after this.
If you have any other prove that you were referring to the dutch word, definitely mention/give this.
I hope this helped.

Yeah, I guess the person who reported me thought I was saying that. Thanks, though!

Reactions: CubeTale

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016

If it's a warning then he has nothing to be worried about. If he was punished, then he can explain the situation in his appeal. For now I suggest he just keeps playing and doesn't think much of the warning.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
If it's a warning then he has nothing to be worried about. If he was punished, then he can explain the situation in his appeal. For now I suggest he just keeps playing and doesn't think much of the warning.
A warning you do need to think about.
It's quite serious as it is telling you what you've done wrong and making sure that you know about the consequences.

What I said was just recommendations so that he can avoid this, especially since it could be a potential mistake that would he would like taken note of.

Of course he can just go keep playing and forget about the warning, but he wanted help with his warning and we shouldn't just tell him to forget abuut it.

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
A warning you do need to think about.
It's quite serious as it is telling you what you've done wrong and making sure that you know about the consequences.

What I said was just recommendations so that he can avoid this, especially since it could be a potential mistake that would he would like taken note of.

Of course he can just go keep playing and forget about the warning, but he wanted help with his warning and we shouldn't just tell him to forget abuut it.
A warning is required before most chat punishments. He wasn't muted, so he will need another warning. All I meant to say was that he doesn't need to go to the forums because of a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
happy birthday!
Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
❤️❤️❤️
Pluisje wrote on Frontlane's profile.
pro helper??!?!?!
Pluisje wrote on caraMel's profile.
I really like cheese, do you?
Top Bottom