Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Zerathina

Jun 3, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
It's come to my attention after seeing many players getting banned by Sentinel, that it's a bit broken, and not fair to those who aren't used to the new PVP system introduced in 1.9 and up. It's a bit unfair that people used to 1.8 PVP and lower versions to get banned for the way they PVP, and for those (like me) who are just fast clickers in general. I understand that spam clicking, jitter clicking, and butterfly clicking can be unfair, but in some cases, it can be the only way to stay safe in PVP based games. Some people in EggWars for example have to click as fast as they can to stay alive, or at least try to stay alive when they don't have a sword or axe to defend themselves with. If Sentinel doesn't get removed or changed, then at least change the rules slightly to say "Jitter/butterfly clicking is not allowed unless needed" or something like that. I'm not here to tell you staff members what to do, or how to do your jobs, I am just suggesting to make a change to Sentinel, because as of now, it's too unfair to players who are just fast clickers, or click a bit too fast and get banned for it. It's one thing to ban players for hacking, because that gives them an unfair advantage, but what all does jitter clicking REALLY do? It doesn't give any advantage, it doesn't change the way the game is played, it's just the way people choose to PVP, witch I personally find to be harmless, but I do find it a bit annoying to some players.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Hello

I understand the problem. I think that it cant remove. If you have a ban And you are not butterflyclicking can you appeal. I hope that it come Good, But I fear.

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Hey, butterfly clicking is not allowed because it can give an advantage. As stated in the rules, it's up to you if you want to butterfly click, but the consequences are yours when you get banned by Sentinel. The Anti-Cheat learns more things everyday, but clicking really fast can trigger it.

Fristey

Jan 20, 2017
My Head
Hey,
I understand what you're saying, but the Developers worked really hard on the Ant-Cheat they are very busy with bugs etc, just be patient and wait for it.

- Fariss -

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I understand your frustration. But removing the anti cheat would get Worse If the anti cheat get removed there would be more hackers.. And That's not fun. The anti cheat is a new system and need to learn a lot of things. And developers are working hard on it. So it might make Some mistakes, But That's not a reason to remove it.

Reactions: protected22

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
Butterfly clicking this a punishable offense "Not allowed". Also, It's your responsibility if you get banned by sentinel as stated on rules. Also by butterfly clicking so fast can easily trigger the Anti-cheat.

ikmoetcoden

May 9, 2017
Working on an Anti-Cheat is just much work to do.

Just trust the developers they do what they can but we also need to give them some time to work on it correctly.

Reactions: protected22

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
the devs of the Anti-Cheat program are already working for solutions
but the Developers worked really hard on the Ant-Cheat they are very busy with bugs etc,
And developers are working hard on it.
trust the developers they do what they
Guys, I think (s)he gets it the first time, no need to repeat it 3 times.
Same goes for this:
The devs are very busy atm with buggs, ...
they are very busy with bugs
And this:
just be patient and wait for it.
give them some time to work on it correctly.
And this:
clicking really fast can trigger it.
butterfly clicking so fast can easily trigger the Anti-cheat.

Please, if someone already mentioned something, don't repeat it 1, 2 or 3 or even more times. People can read. You're not contributing to the conversation.

Fristey

Jan 20, 2017
My Head
Guys, I think (s)he gets it the first time, no need to repeat it 3 times.
Same goes for this:

And this:

And this:

Please, if someone already mentioned something, don't repeat it 1, 2 or 3 or even more times. People can read. You're not contributing to the conversation.
Ok i'm sorry

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Hey, butterfly clicking is not allowed because it can give an advantage. As stated in the rules, it's up to you if you want to butterfly click, but the consequences are yours when you get banned by Sentinel. The Anti-Cheat learns more things everyday, but clicking really fast can trigger it.
Actually from what ive been told its not really against the rules the reason why its there is because it triggers sentinel if that dumb piece of programming wasnt there in sentinel this wouldnt be an issue, i also dont believe it gives an advantage, the game only goes as fast as its programming, basically by the time youve clicked fast about 10 times youve only swung and done damage about 2-3 times, ive also seen (it was either andy or tacos) say that you CANT. Report this either

You may also say that in 1.9 spam click in general is useless which is not 100% true, while yes it does no damage it can do massive damage to gear durability and give you a huge knockback advantage

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Its actually stated in the rules that butterfly clicking will trigger sentinel.

There are reasons why its bannable by sentinel like unfearful said.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
No, no, butterfly clicking is not allowed because it triggers Sentinel, even though it does not give any advantages. Imo, it should be allowed, but hey...

Totally agree, the Anti Cheat should be deleted. I already lost 2 friends because of it (they were not hacking yet their appeal was denied, being permanently banned after it...).

Zerathina

Jun 3, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok, butterfly clicking does absolutely nothing for advantages in 1.9 pop, and most people are playing with 1.9 PVP as most of the server runs on it. As far as hackers go, removing Sentinel won't bring in more hackers, in fact, it may do nothing to effect the server at all, I'm just making a suggestion. I'm not saying remove it completely, but come on, spam clicking like butterfly or jitter clicking does legit nothing, as weapons do no damage when you spam click, and your ending can just use a ranged weapon such as a bow to kill you anyway. So in return, I'm just saying that butterfly and jitter clicking doesn't need to be against the rules, as EVERY minecraft player has done it, even Cubecraft staff.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Problem is, it is very difficult for a computer algorithm to determine if a player needs to click fast, so what you are suggesting is pointless.

Also, butterfly clicking is not exactly a bannable offence, it's just something that the anti-cheat will believe to be hacks. Since butterfly clicking wouldn't actually do too much for you anyways, it was an acceptable side effect of the killaura detection method. You don't have to click that fast to get max damage on a person, even 8 cps will do perfectly for you.

Zerathina

Jun 3, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
I understand this, but due to the change in 1.9 with PVP, hacks now come with the ability to edit attack speed with KillAura, so finding hackers is now 10 times harder.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom