Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Removing all punishments from all accounts?

• Total voters

ComeAndGetMe_

Jul 19, 2017
Bergen - Netherlands
Hello

I'm going to be very straight forward with this thread.
I started watching the player counts troughout the day and the amount of players stay below 1.000. I think this is very sad for the server and the cummunity.

Maybe in an attempt to revive the server all punishments from all accounts could be removed so more players can acces the server.

If the player count stays below 1.000 the server will be shutting down so if more people can experience the last days of cubecraft it would make the end of an era more complete.

I also tyhink many people who have gotten permanently banned have learned form their mistakes and will not do it again.

I would love to hear your opinions

Thanks for reading

D

Deleted member 511644

If a player gets punished they're able to appeal this punishment via https://appeals.cubecraft.net

If the appeal got denied, players are able to make a sentinel conversation for sentinel bans, and if the appeal was denied by a staffmember, they're able to contact the staffmember that punished the player, and if they will come back after 6-12 months, they have a higher chance of getting unbanned/unmuted. By wiping all of the punishments this would mean bots, network banned players etc. will be unbanned aswell.

Begijntje

Apr 17, 2019
Hello

I'm going to be very straight forward with this thread.
I started watching the player counts troughout the day and the amount of players stay below 1.000. I think this is very sad for the server and the cummunity.

Maybe in an attempt to revive the server all punishments from all accounts could be removed so more players can acces the server.

If the player count stays below 1.000 the server will be shutting down so if more people can experience the last days of cubecraft it would make the end of an era more complete.

I also tyhink many people who have gotten permanently banned have learned form their mistakes and will not do it again.

I would love to hear your opinions

Thanks for reading
Yes, while the player count may have dropped significantly, I still think: If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Reactions: Silco

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh yes, totally. Let's remove punishments on individuals who threatened DDOS staff members, members engaging in inappropriate harassment of other players, and other terrible unacceptable behavior.

Yeah no, I do agree something needs to be done to keep Java going, but unbanning people who violated our rules to get more players is the wrong way to go about it.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I think there are still so many better options to try with Java instead of going down this path. There is really no reason at the moment to allow players who were rightfully banned for breaking the rules back onto the server.
It would be just a last desperate measure to try not close the Java network.

If a player gets punished they're able to appeal this punishment via https://appeals.cubecraft.net

If the appeal got denied, players are able to make a sentinel conversation for sentinel bans, and if the appeal was denied by a staffmember, they're able to contact the staffmember that punished the player, and if they will come back after 6-12 months, they have a higher chance of getting unbanned/unmuted. By wiping all of the punishments this would mean bots, network banned players etc. will be unbanned aswell.
That would be logic if the world was logic itself. The thing is that nor the world or the decisions made by the administration are logic. We are right here because of a series of catastrophic misfortunes, so why not adding another one to the list before closing the server?

D

Deleted member 511644

As The13thDoctor, Lyra and I already told you, wiping  all of the punishments, would mean that players with scamming mutes would get unmuted aswell, and there is a reason why the first offense is a permanent mute already. It would mean Network banned players will be unbanned, and Network bans only get applied in really serious cases, including some Player safety if they're severe enough. Like I said if players want to be unbanned/unmuted this is possible by appealing, or contacting the staffmember/making an ex-staff appeal with a big chance of getting unbanned/unmuted.

Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
Oh yes, totally. Let's remove punishments on individuals who threatened DDOS staff members, members engaging in inappropriate harassment of other players, and other terrible unacceptable behavior.

Yeah no, I do agree something needs to be done to keep Java going, but unbanning people who violated our rules to get more players is the wrong way to go about it.
Free cookies

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I think realistically it'd be the best to just let the server die off slowly as it's obvious that Cube simply doesn't really care about Java anymore. That's alright though, Bedrock is basically the reason why Cubecraft still exists so I'm not blaming them for that.
If anything were to be done to revive the server it should've been done long ago. Anything that's done right now to revive the server would be futile effort. Unbanning all players sounds more like a pathetic emergency plan that'll only temporarily restore part of the previous playerbase while depriving the server of its dignity.
It is what it is, I guess we'll just have to accept that the Java server going to be closed sometime as there's no real reason to even put up a fight.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I think realistically it'd be the best to just let the server die off slowly as it's obvious that Cube simply doesn't really care about Java anymore. That's alright though, Bedrock is basically the reason why Cubecraft still exists so I'm not blaming them for that.
If anything were to be done to revive the server it should've been done long ago. Anything that's done right now to revive the server would be futile effort. Unbanning all players sounds more like a pathetic emergency plan that'll only temporarily restore part of the previous playerbase while depriving the server of its dignity.
It is what it is, I guess we'll just have to accept that the Java server going to be closed sometime as there's no real reason to even put up a fight.
That's understandable as Java may not be viable anymore. The only problem with that is that they aren't being honest about it with the community. That's the thing that makes me mad about all this situation.

Reactions: legendaryfox977

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
That's understandable as Java may not be viable anymore. The only problem with that is that they aren't being honest about it with the community. That's the thing that makes me mad about all this situation.
I understand what your saying, but if you go in there perspective it’s really hard for them to say the truth.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
Top Bottom