Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Change it to make mid camping less common

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Title explains the suggestion perfectly, let's get right into it.

Here's the reasons it should be removed:

Reason 1: Obnoxious Distance Between Islands

This is pretty self explanatory, it's fine to have some variation in terms of distances between islands but this map is plain out ridiculous. The maximum distance between islands should be 50 in my opinion. You'll see another reason why this should be in another suggestion soon.

Reason 2: Obsidian

Level 2 gold gen on home island is a big no no. On OP, you can't even eliminate the first island before they get obsidian. This makes rushing heavily discouraged.

Reason 3: Horrible Middle Shape

Pretty sure I don't have to explain this one. Anyone that has played this map knows what I'm talking about. You can't even PvP here and bowspam is heavily encouraged.

Reason 4: General Unpopularity

I'm pretty sure this map is pretty unpopular, and most people that don't like it think it's by far the worst eggwars map (me included in that).

And what does this all culminate in? You guessed it!

Reason 5: MID CAMPERS
I'm sure everyone reading this thread saw this coming.

On normal maps, I encounter mid campers in roughly 0.5-1% of games. This is probably why many people say it isn't a problem. On this map, this figure is closer to 80%. Nobody, even the people that say it's generally not too much of an issue, is denying this. Even @xRoguex says this map is mid camper heaven. Want proof? Watch this: Credits to @KronosReeper for the video

Continuing on with this. I'm expecting one of you to say that since ender pearls are being added in the next update, get rid of the emerald generator and place it over on a map with submids. This could work, but I'm skeptical since the map's setup still is perfect for mid camping regardless. Kingdom and Instruments would also likely take over as the best maps to mid camp on, with Camperdasea only a little behind, creating an endless loop.

So yeah, make sure to comment below.

And I also wanted to add one more thing. So many people say this is the one map that truly is broken toward mid campers. The emerald generator plays a substantial part in this. Please, staff, keep this in mind before adding emerald generators to other maps. It's not that broken in maps with sub-mids, especially ones without diamond gens at the center island, but they should under no circumstances be added to any maps without sub-mids that have diamond generators on them. It will completely ruin them.

Last edited:

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
While I do have my problems with underdasea, I think they are a) similar to yours and b) not that hard to fix.

I agree that mid is awful, but with the skill level of their builders I'm sure they can make mid better (read: smoother).

They should also make your base gold gens turned off, but put level 1 gold gens on the jellyfish. This would also take away the advantage of the teams who are on a straight path to mid over those who have to build diagonally. This would also work with the size because it would make sense to make obby harder to get on a map that takes more time to rush.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Underdasea is probably the most annoying map ive ever played.
And its because of campers.

I think it would be quite cool, though, if they made another map with the same theme. "Underdasea".

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I don't agree And this is one of My Favorite maps. You say that There are mid campers. You was midcamping for making a Good thread. I have more than 50 times played this map and There was anyone midcamping. You made an example of midcamping, But have you ever seen anyone midcamping on this map?

Reactions: PressLaunchMike

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I don't agree And this is one of My Favorite maps. You say that There are mid campers. You was midcamping for making a Good thread. I have more than 50 times played this map and There was anyone midcamping. You made an example of midcamping, But have you ever seen anyone midcamping on this map?

There's a video about it in the thread :p

Smoothy P

Jun 16, 2017
I love this map o.o But it truly needs more edits.. , it's so big that reaching other islands is hard.t hey should minimize it or either edit it in general.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Since the emeralds have been added, I've been mid camped every single game except that one I mid camped and the game I chose hardcore.

This is why I've been so opposed to adding emeralds - they discourage rushing.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Top Bottom