Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
... Okay, I guess you did say "RANT INCOMING". However, unfortunately, the only way CC can support itself, is, well, ranks. It sucks of course, but there's nothing we can do. Also, everyone has their own opinion on each mode......
Yeah, i guess my argument did seem to get confusing after a while. I'm fine with ranks being there, but going back to the gamemode, which donors can choose, while normal players cant, unless they roll dice to see if they are able to go into the map they want, which is usually a generally liked one, which will most likely get a bunch of donors in it, well, it just needs one to turn OP, which it most likely will, and then you are forced to play a broken, boring and unbalanced mess of a gamemode if you want to play on that map.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Grammar check.
And Donors can vote for whatever hey want. They played atleast 50$ for this right. If you don't like it buy a rank and you can vote. Second a lot of people like the tactic of up and having to knock people off the edge to win. None of these things are going to change and there has been previous threads like this.
Have a good day/night
-Lucian​
Well, dont you think that using that same tactic over and over again gets VERY repetitive very quickly, but oh wait, if you are on OP, fights take around 5X longer so thats not going to be fun. Also i have already discovered that the CC staff really only care about public opinion, not making their server actually well designed. Just thought i would confirm to myself that thought.

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
lucianchauvin.com
Well, dont you think that using that same tactic over and over again gets VERY repetitive very quickly, but oh wait, if you are on OP, fights take around 5X longer so thats not going to be fun. Also i have already discovered that the CC staff really only care about public opinion, not making their server actually well designed. Just thought i would confirm to myself that thought.
Some people like it like me.

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Cubecraft won't remove OP because of 1 person unliking it.
Yup. But its also because they dont care about quality. They just want their server to be famous. That's why they are going with the majority. With the majority, criticism is squashed like a pancake.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Yeah, since everybody likes different flavors of the same stuff apparently. Server can do what it wants. Still going to pay my attention elsewhere because of that though. Besides, unless i buy Obby rank and spend like 5 years on the server, people are just going to shoot me down because im a 'newbie'
Not at all.
(Most) people here will look at the post, and not who's writing it.
If they have something to say, they will.

I was talking generally. I found OP mode a completely broken and almost unplayable gamemode that isn't about skill, but luck. For instance, Full iron V Full diamond in any gamemode on OP mode, Diamond wins. Every. Single. Time. Unless that guy is just really bad or has Mcdonalds Wifi. And I dont think that me buying a rank will solve anything, especially since there are so many donors that will be able to counter my counter.
Wrong.
I've beaten diamond guys in leather, @Lezappen has beaten diamond guys in leather, @KronosReeper has beaten diamond guys in leather,
It's all about how you kill them. It takes skill to get the perfect spleef trap, it takes (some) skill to bow spam someone off an edge, it takes skill to out-hit a person with the better armor,
It takes skill to beat someone, regardless of game mode.
They won't ever even consider removing OP, as a huge amount of the eggwars players love it & this could probably be the reason most people donated.

First of all, thats just wrong. There are usually 15K people at the most online, and the most amount of people on eggwars' lobbys are around 1K, so maybe 4K at the most. Also YEAH! Screw my opinion because im outnumbered and i just want to point out the wrongs in a gamemode i see as just terrible and poorly designed trash.
The number is probably wrong, but you're saying that 15K people are on every day, at the same time, and there's never anyone else joining.
As a number, you make sense, but since it's about people who are playing, you forgot about the fact that not everyone plays every day, and not everyone plays at that time.
There's probable well over 30K people that love OP eggwars.
Screw your opinion because you're outnumbered? No.
Screw your suggestion* because you're outnumbered.

Really? The same thing? All the Time? If you are actually telling me that doing the same strategy all of the time is fun, I'm honestly worried.
Hypocrite.
The only argument that's valid is "Some people hate it like me"

You may see a gamemode as poorly designed trash, but eggwars has a lot of opportunity to improve.
You only see it like that because people vote for what they not what you want. It's rather selfish, actually.
If they buy a rank to vote OP, let them. it's their choice.
And so you know, there's this magical command called /leave
Enough of this nonsense, and leave the game. It's not like you're going to play it with ranks all the time, and if there aren't any ranks, you'll be playing normal.

Why cut a piece in the community because you dislike something you can easily ignore without it affecting you?

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I haven't read EVERY single message, but here's my point.

First off, there's a command called /leave, like everyone knows by now. If you don't like it, leave the game and join another round.

Second of all, I'd say only roughly around 1/6 of all games include donators, and even then not everyone is going to use Overpowered.

Third of all, it's not exactly HARD to kill someone with op gear. You can easily knock them off the edge and even if you can't, you're just going to have to deal with a game that is 10-20 minutes longer.

I understand triple health and overpowered may result in a long battle, but eventually your armor is going to break in 1-2 minutes.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Well, eggwars won't improve unless they run low on money, which then they will bring in another flavor that will get people salivating for it, no matter if its literally a 99% copypaste of the other game modes with enderpearls, people eat it up. Quality? What's that? I cant hear over all the money. No, but really, they wont improve unless they run low on money, not if the community wants it. Also, 'its their choice' argument is very flawed. Yeah, im totally going to leave it up to those people to choose which way im going to be set on fire, whether it be well, medium rare, or rare. Oh boy, which version will they pick? You will likely not see that much normal mode anymore on maps that are well designed, even if people want it because there just has to be 1 donor there to change it, and the players cant do anything. Now, if they were 3 unique game modes with their own strengths and weaknesses, then sure, fine, but Op mode is a 99% copypaste of the other game modes but with 1 or 2 unique items and PVP that lasts much longer unless you use a cheese strat like bow spamming them into the void or spleefing them. "Its rather selfish"
Oh yeah, calling out the content team of the server for blatantly creating 2 different game modes that decrease the quality of the normal version by either having you take too much damage or too little damage, and have it be up to the people who gave us money on which way it will go. That's totally selfish. I'm not asking to be given almighty power. I didnt focus on it since i didnt see it as that necessary. But now ill have to explain. *Clears throat* If the content team made the 3 game modes different, unique game modes that change up the rules of the game in a meaningful way that forces you to adapt strategies you wouldn't normally do in a fun and unique way, then it would be fine, we wouldn't get the same boring, mundane copy pasted gamemode every single time. We would probably see more action from the other game modes since people wouldn't have such a group bias toward a certain one. But no, too much effort. We needs moniez fastz.

Also, usually, the maps that most people, including myself would like to to onto are ones that people generally like since they are good maps, so once you do find it, donors will probably fill it and instantly turn it to Op mode. So unless you would like to be on a terrible map or a map nobody plays on, you would have to play OP mode. I did say there would be a person there telling me to screw off, didnt I? I just thought it would be a mod or an admin.
I'm fine with Hardcore mode, Op mode and normal mode, IN MODERATION, but thats just not how they were designed. EVERYBODY chooses Op mode, so it gets stale if you want to play on good maps, since you will be playing the same strategies and get bored of it very quickly, just like i have. In fact, if im alone, i dont play eggwars since you will probably need to communicate quickly to deal with people, and its even more stressful if your team doesnt have good gear and has no egg, while the other team has wonderful gear and has an egg. The overwhelming favor is for the other team to squash you like an ant.

BTW, you cant ignore something like this. It sticks out like a bloody sore thumb that has a splinter stuck in a nerve. It sticks out, and it usually hurts to do stuff with. Alot.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
I haven't read EVERY single message, but here's my point.

First off, there's a command called /leave, like everyone knows by now. If you don't like it, leave the game and join another round.

Second of all, I'd say only roughly around 1/6 of all games include donators, and even then not everyone is going to use Overpowered.

Third of all, it's not exactly HARD to kill someone with op gear. You can easily knock them off the edge and even if you can't, you're just going to have to deal with a game that is 10-20 minutes longer.

I understand triple health and overpowered may result in a long battle, but eventually your armor is going to break in 1-2 minutes.
It irritates me when people mention the /leave thing. First off, i dont like wasting time. I dont know anybody that actually likes wasting time. So wasting time to 1st off, look for the map you want, 2nd off, hope and pray a donor doesnt get in because thats a chance he'll choose Op mode, and with the overwhelming bias the community has toward it, thats most likely going to happen if a donor gets in, and 3rd off, get into the game, but if a donor gets in and he says he'll choose Op mode, you'll have to go through the first 2 steps again. takes a few minutes, but its just irritating.
Yeah, not everybody will choose Op mode, but most people do.
And yeah, it isn't that hard to kill somebody with Op gear, it just takes way too much time and its annoying. Its like hitting a tank with a metal bat. Its going to break it eventually. But is it fun? I wouldn't think so.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Well somebody here is a memester. Very funny. Not like you will have to waste your time trying to do /leave and find a match with the map you want without a donor. That doesnt take that long, riiiiiiiiiiiiight?!
It doesn't actually :P
But still, have some ranked friends if you want them to vote normal or hardcore for you.
And if you think that I like OP, I don't so I do have a clue what you're talking about.
But either way, it's absurd to get rid of OP.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
It doesn't actually :p
But still, have some ranked friends if you want them to vote normal or hardcore for you.
And if you think that I like OP, I don't so I do have a clue what you're talking about.
But either way, it's absurd to get rid of OP.
Yeah, beforehand i didnt think that the community had such a bias for something i saw as just a copy pasted version of the other game modes but with different values. Just dont want to make myself look like a coward by not responding. Besides, some wonderful individual removed my ability to delete things, so thats nice, im going to have to finish the conversation anyway.
Also, i dont really play eggwars that much anymore anyway, since school exists and the like, but really, i appreciate the gesture, but i dont really want people there to act just as a counter, but thanks anyway.

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
Honestly, @DanielSch, I know that you dislike OP, but some people like it, like me. I won't flame you or anything, but "A 99% copypaste of other game modes with e-pearls" isn't what everyone thinks. It may be what some people, like you, think, but it probably won't change OP anyways.

Also, CC mostly cares about making the majority of their players have enjoyment on their server, not change accordingly to one person's ideology. And, this is why, like @xx_360noscope101 said, I think that it's absurd to get rid of OP.

Reactions: Thaus

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
It irritates me when people mention the /leave thing. First off, i dont like wasting time. I dont know anybody that actually likes wasting time. So wasting time to 1st off, look for the map you want, 2nd off, hope and pray a donor doesnt get in because thats a chance he'll choose Op mode, and with the overwhelming bias the community has toward it, thats most likely going to happen if a donor gets in, and 3rd off, get into the game, but if a donor gets in and he says he'll choose Op mode, you'll have to go through the first 2 steps again. takes a few minutes, but its just irritating.
Yeah, not everybody will choose Op mode, but most people do.
And yeah, it isn't that hard to kill somebody with Op gear, it just takes way too much time and its annoying. Its like hitting a tank with a metal bat. Its going to break it eventually. But is it fun? I wouldn't think so.

Every heard of the phrase, "Good things come to those who wait"? Sure, waiting irritates a lot of people, but it's just how it is. Besides, this basically explains it all:

Honestly, @DanielSch, I know that you dislike OP, but some people like it, like me. I won't flame you or anything, but "A 99% copypaste of other game modes with e-pearls" isn't what everyone thinks. It may be what some people, like you, think, but it probably won't change OP anyways.

Also, CC mostly cares about making the majority of their players have enjoyment on their server, not change accordingly to one person's ideology. And, this is why, like @xx_360noscope101 said, I think that it's absurd to get rid of OP.

Vurnality

Oct 1, 2015
The Netherlands - Duhh
Hey,

Actually i dont like overpowered either, but there has to be some profits for buying an rank, and because of the minecraft EULA everyone profits of an donator.

But without donaties Cubecraft wont exist, so we gotta offer donators something Like overpowered.

Regards,
Vurnality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Capitan's profile.
Hola Capp! 🤍
After nearly 2 years on the Forums, I just figured out I can watch an entire subforum 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
IMG_5528.png

This would’ve been so useful in the past. 😭
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Desiderata's profile.
💙
Top Bottom