• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
It can be edited from a little to a complete revamp.
But if I vote to edit it, it implies that I wholly agree with the suggestion, since the vote options are very nonspecific. Also, with the large celestial bodies, you don't really even need to go to mid in the first place. It's just another example of this map's uniqueness.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
  • The map is still popular, this means that many players still like the map. (It's not on very often and many dislike it.)
  • You can buy enderpearls to reach the campers. (The islands are WAY to far apart)
  • 'Everything is too far apart'. That's why I think the map is fun! You can easily build to a planet to destroy other players their eggs, it's not that far! (It's impossible because people bow spam you off._
  • 'Mid is kinda cramped and once a team controls it youcant get there without it being very hard and on top ofthat mid is the only place you can go to get to anotherisland because of how many blocks it takes' As I said, you can still build to the planets to destroy other players their eggs, and you can get diamonds on the planets. That's amazing, isn't it? Not amazing when people camp up there and make it impossible to reach them. Thats actually one of the major problems with it.
The islands are way too far apart. I don't think so, as I said, that's what makes the map fun!
Impossible because people bow spam you off. What about the p**sy bridge?
Not amazing when people camp up there and make it impossible to reach them. Enderpearls, the p**sy bridge, and shields are the solution :)
BTW the players can't buy anything on a planet, because there aren't villagers on the planets :p

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I absolutely disagree against removing this map or any major revamps.
I never notice the lighting on maps because I use a full bright resource pack, and the nighttime looks simply amazing which is why I always vote it in skywars. If the lighting is really this much of an issue, you can always do the same.
Yes, I do agree that the map is a bit cramped, but I don’t really want it changed. I would much rather have the respawn point changed to maybe the other side of the ship and open up a door to the iron gens from that side as well just so getting punched off by respawn by players is a bit lower.
I haven’t seen too many people camp the planet diamond gens. When I do see it happen, it is usually a under geared player who is quite easy to deal with. The much higher likely hood is that people will camp their bases, which happens on basically every map which doesn’t really make it a valid reason to remove this map.
I have friends who absolutely love this map and I quite enjoy playing it. If you move fast, you won’t run into any of the problems you mentioned.
This map also is constantly being filled up meaning that this is a pretty popular map.
Everything you just said... Was wrong!
You can’t really say that someone’s map preference is wrong as it is a personal opinion :P

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The lighting is kinda weird and dark in some areas. (Without glowstone makes it slightly a problem.)
As said above just use fullbright, to do this, (on windows because sctup mac) hit windows+R, type %appdata%, go to .minecraft (probably on top), go to options.txt and open it with notepad, look for gamma:x, change the number to 10 or anything above that, save it, and tada you now have fullbright.

The Space on your island is extremely cramped and hard to pvp in.
People just base up on the planets making it really hard to reach them.
Camping your base makes it really hard to win
Everything is too far apart.
People spamming or bow spamming you off.
This is what makes the map unique and this is why some players really like this map. Though I do agree I don't, a lot of cubecraft's eggwars players do, so changing this would be counter-intuitive.
Mid is kinda cramped and once a team controls it you cant get there without it being very hard and on top of that mid is the only place you can go to get to another island because of how many blocks it takes.
@CommunistCactusfanboy you need to see this. @_The13thDoctor_ actually admits mid camping is a thing!

To those who don't believe this is an issue [Link]

Overall I think the map should stay the way it is, yes some players don't like it, but others love it, and since there are plenty of other maps for the players who don't like it I believe it shouldn't be removed.

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
I really like the way the map is played, and I feel any changes to it could make a different feel. I have no problem fighting in middle and campers are wide spread on every map there is not one map where you won’t find a camper. While bow spammers are annoying and so are campers, I feel like the map still plays well and i might as well go as far as to say that these people make me enjoy the map.

Reactions: remio

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Space is much more of a 'Canvas' as I like to describe it. Your base is heavily customizable and I tend to have really fun games in this map. I can understand in certain games you get a really bad experience but I don't think that they should ever remove it.

Reactions: Sophie and Ruisdier

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I said "Also, the map is dark" yes but then I said "this is part of the game".
I like this map, I wouldn't change It.

So its fair for others to have these problems ok. Ty.

But if I vote to edit it, it implies that I wholly agree with the suggestion, since the vote options are very nonspecific. Also, with the large celestial bodies, you don't really even need to go to mid in the first place. It's just another example of this map's uniqueness.

Not completely...

Ayroh

I don’t think it’s that bad of a map. I don’t like it necessarily as much as others, but it’s by no means a map that needs removed. Possibly redone? Maybe.. I wish that they remade the spaceships altogether, if anything. They look so outdated and I just feel as though the build team is capable of building better spacecrafts for both maneuverability and aesthetics.

I voted to leave it alone, but if any edit is made, that is what I would like to see.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Sorry, But leave the map how it is. They can add more lights to the map, But If you have brightness at 100% you don’t really have issues with it. Sorry But I disagree :c

Reactions: Ayroh

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
The Space on your island is extremely cramped and hard to pvp in.
People just base up on the planets making it really hard to reach them.
Camping your base makes it really hard to win
For the PvP part, you've just gotta be strategical. I have no issues with the PvP on this map.
The other 2 things are just strategies. Annoying they might be, they are obviously doing something right if they are winning and in a good posistion.

Mid is kinda cramped and once a team controls it you cant get there without it being very hard and on top of that mid is the only place you can go to get to another island because of how many blocks it takes. Might I add voting hardcore is a death sentence?
First people to mid has an advantage, nothing really wrong with that. Just gotta be quicker to get to mid, get a bow, you're set.
Hardcore is a challenge. That's the fun part. OP every time gets a tad boring tbh.

People spamming or bow spamming you off.
This can happen on every map.

Reactions: remio and Ayroh

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Also, guys keep in mind I'm asking for a variety of full map revamp to a little balancing fix. If you're just curious. I wanted to at least fix the spacing cause its kind of ridiculous. I bet they could make a speed map just as good or even better with today's standers and people would like it. So why can't we fix it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday Henlo! 🎊
Thjis wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Bday!
Reesle wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Kloska wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Is that a bird? Is that an apron? No, it's a peanut and jelly sandwich that wants revenge!:D
Top Bottom