Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want bows to be removed?

• Total voters

Not_Red_Fox

Apr 1, 2021
Hello

Pls remove bows.
im sick that i have 15 kills, 5 eggs and than get killed by a lv 1 who has 0 kills and who is bowspamming.
i think many ppl agree with me.
(atleast remove punch bows, and maybe power in half hp)
one word shield

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I get it: bow is annoying.

But you can easily prepare against it. Keep an eye on mid whenever you can, yes even when you are going around breaking eggs. If you pay attention you should know who possibly has a bow or at least many diamonds. Focus on those. See a rusher? Forget your egg and your neighbors, take that mid rusher out.

Prevent bowcamp/spam from happening in the first place ;)

And when you failed doing that, just take it slowly. No need to rush and get shot into the void. Build a safe bridge, use height to jump down or get a pearl if all else isn't an option.

It's best you learn to deal with it, because bow isn't going to be removed. That much I'm certain of.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I get it: bow is annoying.

But you can easily prepare against it. Keep an eye on mid whenever you can, yes even when you are going around breaking eggs. If you pay attention you should know who possibly has a bow or at least many diamonds. Focus on those. See a rusher? Forget your egg and your neighbors, take that mid rusher out.

Prevent bowcamp/spam from happening in the first place ;)

And when you failed doing that, just take it slowly. No need to rush and get shot into the void. Build a safe bridge, use height to jump down or get a pearl if all else isn't an option.

It's best you learn to deal with it, because bow isn't going to be removed. That much I'm certain of.
This sums it up well. I'll also add my input formatted as follows, placed in spoilers for cleanliness:

- Bow proficiency
- Cost
- What people usually do

A bow is designed to apply pressure from long range, forcing its victims to take cover. This allows the bow user to freely advance unless he's against another bow user. It's a bonus if a user deals decent damage on OP mode using the bow. The more proficient the shooter is, the more pressure he can apply.

Unlike swords, using a bow efficiently depends on how well the user can aim (of all the PvP weapons in the game, the bow has the steepest learning curve). A bow user who lands only 10% of his shots will burn though a lot of ammo with only a very few hits. A better user with the same bow who lands at least 50% of his shots will still have ammo to spare, all while leaving you crippled. An even better user will respond to what you're doing with a variety of arrows and tactics, shooting nastier arrows only when he's confident that he can land the shot and follow up immediately after.

At longer range, it becomes much harder to land a precise shot, but it's not unheard of to land shots from mid all the way to a starting island. Building high (the higher you build the better) also makes it harder for the shooter to land shots as bow shots have a maximum height AND the hit will not knock you back as much since the hit would be angled more from beneath than from a side.

Kenobi was a very good user of the high ground. 🤣

Jokes aside, bows cost A LOT depending on the map. A map where there's 1-2 lv3 diamond generators at mid will make this a lot cheaper but maps where you have a lv2 diamond generator at sub-mid and no diamond generators at mid make this cost more.

Most of the time you'll see people try to go for 25 diamonds for a punch bow. It is rare to see any other bow used; however, if you see a power bow, don't underestimate the amount of damage it can do to you. A punch bow is much weaker for starting a melee combo due to the increased knockback compared to a non-punch bow and if it cannot knock you into the void.

Some mid rushers also get greedy and try to buy everything in one trip using diamonds. For example, that would be a full set of iron armor, a diamond sword, and/or a bow. You can punish rushers who stay too long before they can use or even buy all of that. Even better for you, some rushers come to mid with little to no food and gear except blocks. This makes killing mid rushers even easier.

EDIT: More tips and formatting.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeCastel

Not_Red_Fox

Apr 1, 2021
For me shields works fine against arrows, just not against swords but I think cube intended to make it that shields dont really work against swords
yes, i really don't like the way they have done that because I'm ok with a shield in 1.16 but without one im well...

penmen

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
The Netherlands
yes, i really don't like the way they have done that because I'm ok with a shield in 1.16 but without one im well...
If I am right it still reduces the incomming damage, and I think its better this way because otherwise people will just sit in a corner with a shield (maybe multiple shields in inv) and just wait the whole time, and in some games like FFA gear cant break so you could live forever

Sonol

Jul 17, 2021
Nah it's part of the game, if you want you can buy shield or play carefully.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I don't agree with you, because if they remove the bow in EggWars it wouldn't be the same, it wouldn't be as much fun. Maybe they can make an another type of vote where the bows can be removed. But I don't think they would remove it completely.

Sl0wMo7ion

Server & Marketplace Quality Assurance
Feb 19, 2020
Bulgaria
cubecraft.net
Hi,
That was already suggested a while ago but I will give you the same opinion as the previous suggestion for removing the bows in EggWars.
In my opinion, this will effect in some way the game economy as the bow costs a lot of diamonds.
Also, I do not understand why people hate them that much, it's not that hard to protect from bows.
I do not agree again this suggestion, sorry!

Nov 10, 2019
Netherlands
Hmmm. Even tough i don't like bows i just can't see them removed. The only problem i see is that there are not enough counters because the shield is good but if you are playing team eggwars you will get his teamate spamclicking with sword or axe so you still get knocked back. I Also think that it isn't the bow but the person who uses it that just makes them annoying so don't remove it just make it so that you can't spam it like people do now. Just put an cooldown on bows like 3 seconds to make them unspammy or make it so that shields have unbreaking 3 because they now break way too fast.

• Disagree
Reactions: 404Owl
D

Deleted member 583191

Hello,

I'm an Eggwars player, and I'd say it's even my favourite game. While it's true that getting killed by someone with a bow it's so annoying, I wouldn't like the bow would be removed from the game since they're part of the game. They are really good if you want to play the game slowly with a little strategy, also it gives a little chance of winning the game to people whose pvp skills aren't good enough.

Perhaps an alternative I see here it would be to make them more expensive, so they cannot be bought easily.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom