Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

superking100

Aug 4, 2023
Currently, many of the enchantments are way too expensive for their utility (this is for overpowered mode in Megas, but I would imagine it would be similar for the other modes as well):

Loyalty 1 is way too slow, and the cost is unreal. It should be upgraded to loyalty 2 or 3 and cost only 1 or 3 emeralds, respectively. Also it needs to still work if the trident is thrown into the void.

Riptide is useless except in water based maps, and it is only slightly faster there than just swimming, so I think it needs to be upgraded to riptide 2 and cost 3 emeralds, and a water bucket (and cheap sponges to prevent trolls), need to be added to the shop.

Unless there is a meta with pre-loading crossbows to insta-kill people (I am going to test this out soon, although even if there is you still needs many diamonds to buy them all), all crossbow enchants should cost 1 emerald, as a power/punch bow will almost always be better.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree with the fact that the enchantments aren't attractive enough to buy. At the moment, you will have the most benefit from only purchasing discounts.

However, I believe making them more powerful is not an option. Some of the less useful enchants could best be made cheaper like you said.

I think tridents (with riptide) should best be kept as something you can use to your advantage in certain - water-based - maps. It keeps it from being a meta and requires people to play smart by using their surroundings to their advantage.

I won’t comment much on the bit about crossbows as I’ve never used them in EggWars, but I myself am a big fan of using crossbows in Minecraft. Enchantments like quick charge are really good, especially if levelled up further.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Patsman
Dec 28, 2022
Canada
Pronouns
He/Him
This is something I've also noticed during my eggwars games. Some of the enchants don't have that much of a use, and are still somewhat expensive to buy. For example, swift sneak seems fine on Java, but since the bridging methods here on Bedrock are different, it doesn't seem to fit. Feather falling also falls off a bit considering that you already take a lot of fall damage post-update, and buying this doesn't fix the problem of dying to fall damage. It would be better to buff the enchant and make it a little bit more expensive to increase the effectiveness of the enchant.

• Agree
Reactions: superking100

superking100

Aug 4, 2023
I agree with the fact that the enchantments are attractive enough to buy. At the moment, you will have the most benefit from only purchasing discounts.

However, I believe making them more powerful is not an option. Some of the less useful enchants could best be made cheaper like you said.

I think tridents (with riptide) should best be kept as something you can use to your advantage in certain - water-based - maps. It keeps it from being a meta and requires people to play smart by using their surroundings to their advantage.

I won’t comment much on the bit about crossbows as I’ve never used them in EggWars, but I myself am a big fan of using crossbows in Minecraft. Enchantments like quick charge are really good, especially if levelled up further.
Ehhh a few enchantments are pretty useful, but not many.

Why don't you want to buff some of the weaker enchantments? While it could work for some enchantments, for loyalty (for example) is almost useless at enchant level 1, since you have to buy about 4 tridents to be able to continuously throw them (vs just one bow).

I could see the riptide enchantment only being useful on water maps though, without a water bucket (there is another suggestion regarding this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-water-buckets-to-use-riptide-on-eggwars.350874/#post-1551538 I personally agree with this, but I can see the other side as well). I think it still needs to have the level buffed though, since you still almost never actually are able to use it well (the enemy has to pretty much be at mid forever and never leave the water, and even then it is only slightly better than normal melee).

For crossbows, they already cost more than bows, so I feel they should get less-costly enchants to make up for it.

superking100

Aug 4, 2023
This is something I've also noticed during my eggwars games. Some of the enchants don't have that much of a use, and are still somewhat expensive to buy. For example, swift sneak seems fine on Java, but since the bridging methods here on Bedrock are different, it doesn't seem to fit. Feather falling also falls off a bit considering that you already take a lot of fall damage post-update, and buying this doesn't fix the problem of dying to fall damage. It would be better to buff the enchant and make it a little bit more expensive to increase the effectiveness of the enchant.
I agree with this, although I personally find feather falling in its current state useful since it is pretty cheap and it can be pretty useful in many situations. I would still like to see it buffed and cost more though, or maybe have a higher tier if CubeCraft could implement that.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
Top Bottom