Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
One second, I'm getting my pitch forks and torches.
Cubecraftsville?

Anyway, blockband should not be removed. Why? There's people playing it, and it is low-maintenance for the devs. It's not bugged, or anything like that. It's not bothering anybody. It's not like blockband is using so much space that they can't add any games, they can add as much games as they want.
So again, why removing it? Is it bothering you? Why?

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Me: "Everybody shut up arguing and stop derailing the thread!

...Thanks c:"

There are a billion reasons as to why Blockband doesn't work and should be removed. However, as was stated by Tacosbefriends in a previous thread regarding the matter, will not be removed until they have something to replace it with. Until then, they have nothing to gain by removing it. Otherwise, as previously stated, there would be yet another blank space in the HUB menu, which would make CCG look even barer. Thankfully, if you don't like Blockband, you aren't being forced to play it (imagine that, having free-will to only play what you enjoy! In 2017!), so if you are in the 99.97% that dislike the game, then just play something else.

Please discuss Freebuild in a thread that actually relates to Freebuild (preferably one of my threads).

its a rip off of Guitar (Hero)
I prefer the word 'inspired', like how Blockwars was 'inspired' by Capture the Flag, and Eggwars was 'inspired' by Bedwars. There's nothing wrong with borrowing a few ideas to make a game a reality.

If players don't like blockband, don't must to play it.
*Gives golden sticker*

Just a random thought, but it would be neat if a one-time prize was given to those that earned all stars in Blockband, once it gets removed. Just as like, a "well done" for dedicating enough time to completing a game that's as tedious and as broken as it is.

tl;dr - Remove it once something can replace it. Don't like? Don't play :eek:

Oh, and for the record, if people are basing their "nobody plays it!" arguments on the bare lobby, well... that's because players are disabled in Blockband. Not that I'm saying it's a popular game or anything, but to say that nobody plays it in a literal sense is not correct.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I don't know why people want it removed
If you are removing it you are having less people playing games
For the few people who like blockband it is still fun and making more people like it isn't that hard
People complain about the lag but you really shouldn't care if the yellow spot lags if you are still good at the game than you will do it easily since once again rhythm so really updating is a better option than just removing it

Replacing it is an option to
But removing it is a terrible option

Reactions: Komodо

Animee

Aug 12, 2017
I'm not playing it but don't remove it ! Uhc is dead too but some people likes it to play so why remove .?

F

Facelurite

Lol thread is about blockband not skyblock.

Okay , Blockwars , Blockband , both should be chucked from the server. They're pretty bad minigames .

F

Facelurite

Oh can I add ; its not inspired by guitar its a ripoff that was a bad idea. The music is serene meant for playing minecraft , doesnt feel like guitar hero in the slightest.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
All skyblock plots couldn't be brought back, it's not removed because it wasn't popular enough, but because all plots were deleted/crashed. However, quakecraft should definitely come back! It was simply still a great game which needed an update that it didn't received, so it became not really popular.
You don't want block band to be gone xD (ez ez ez ez ez ez xD)

Reactions: Komodо
D

Deleted member 169486

Why does everyone ask for games to be removed? Like is there some Cubecraft gang holding people against their will, making them play unpopular games? Like just because you don't like the game doesn't mean they should remove it. They have nothing to replace it with so there is no gain for removing the game.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
There are people who likes Blockband and we can't make them angry. I know not many players playing it, but some people move to play this. Maybe it is their favourite minigame and if we remove this, what would be there favourite minigame then? Also what @Gainfullterror said. If they remove it, you will only see ab empty spot between Tower Defence and Lucky Islands.
You could literally apply that logic to every single Minecraft minigame that got removed.

Not a valid statement.

They removed Money Walls, because it had flaws which couldn't quite be fixed, yet a few people kinda still liked it. They removed it though. It was some people's favourite minigame heck it was MY favourite minigame.

Yet it had to go, for valid reasons (for the most part). It couldn't stay on the network anymore. No matter if "a few people like it or" because it was "their favourite minigame"

#getbarbecued

Jun 25, 2016
They should replace blockband with control point because that was an insane game that a lot of people played on (including myself) and of course they could add a few tweaks here and there but yes I only played blockband once and I felt disappointed.

Reactions: Facelurite

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
The music is serene meant for playing minecraft , doesnt feel like guitar hero in the slightest.
https://bb.cubecraft.net/
Just click the log in button while you are in game, type in your username in the box provided, hit enter, than even just join blockband in the lobby without joining a game
Control point was my favorite minigame and it got removed too while it was way more popular then blockband
well to that 1 could argue a game that in an update you remove all but 1 of the arcade games and merged 2
Blockband isnt original at all! It is an exact copy of the game that was on a server called The Chunk that Cubecraft merged with and got basically the rights to every single one of their minigames.
Well last time I check guess who owned the chunk?
I also want to point out who was the last male admin to leave the staff team?
So I am not to sure if you should be so confident about them still having rights over those games
They removed Money Walls, because it had flaws which couldn't quite be fixed, yet a few people kinda still liked it. They removed it though. It was some people's favourite minigame heck it was MY favourite minigame.
well actually they replaced it with blockband which was something they pointed out near the end of the statement
Yet it had to go, for valid reasons (for the most part). It couldn't stay on the network anymore. No matter if "a few people like it or" because it was "their favourite minigame"
except the difference here is the word removal
As I just said they didn't remove the game as they replaced it
Now @xMegaCoolx's argument says removing it would just make the few people who did like it angry
Except it wouldn't help anyone because there is now nothing left to play there if they replaced it than players would be helpful as people would have something more interesting as a replacement

Reactions: Maaarijn

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
https://bb.cubecraft.net/
Just click the log in button while you are in game, type in your username in the box provided, hit enter, than even just join blockband in the lobby without joining a game

well to that 1 could argue a game that in an update you remove all but 1 of the arcade games and merged 2

Well last time I check guess who owned the chunk?
I also want to point out who was the last male admin to leave the staff team?
So I am not to sure if you should be so confident about them still having rights over those games

well actually they replaced it with blockband which was something they pointed out near the end of the statement

except the difference here is the word removal
As I just said they didn't remove the game as they replaced it
Now @xMegaCoolx's argument says removing it would just make the few people who did like it angry
Except it wouldn't help anyone because there is now nothing left to play there if they replaced it than players would be helpful as people would have something more interesting as a replacement
You keep using the word "replace" like it's something you can throw in and pretend to always back your sentences with, but have your considered actually giving me proof that blockband was since the beginning meant to be a replacement?

And, well, you see... Replacement involves the *removal*, of a previous object/concept, and then having another object/concept take its place.

It's like saying Money Walls was removed and that blockband was meant to fill that gap since the planned removal, which it probably wasn't (unless you can prove me the opposite) as blockband was an indipendent release and it just so happens that they removed Money Walls because it was severely broken.

Reactions: Despacito 2
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Top Bottom