Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should we add this? (Explain for each one)

• No

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Now I probably know what you're thinking: /disguise would be abused a lot. This is not a nickname changer at all.

What this is: it just removes the rank tag and makes you have the stone rank color. and when voting, it shows this instead: someone has voted for basic chests! instead of: xx_360noscope101 voted for basic chests!

I don't think that this can really be abused since it only removes your tag. This would help prevent targeting of YT and people that vote what the majority don't want.

Tell me what you guys think! :D

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
I like this idea but I don't know why you said this could be abused. I don't like when players tell me what to vote, that's why I bought a rank. So, +1 from me ;p

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Now I probably know what you're thinking: /disguise would be abused a lot. This is not a nickname changer at all.

What this is: it just removes the rank tag and makes you have the stone rank color. and when voting, it shows this instead: someone has voted for basic chests! instead of: xx_360noscope101 voted for basic chests!

I don't think that this can really be abused since it only removes your tag. This would help prevent targeting of YT and people that vote what the majority don't want.

this isn't really efficient because very few people actually target players for what they voted for
you are just unlucky most people are decent people

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
this isn't really efficient because very few people actually target players for what they voted for
you are just unlucky most people are decent people
You know, this is for people that want their vote to be anonymous. For those who said no, could you explain?

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
I see what you mean... I think this would be cool but it's not really essential. I don't mind but if other people do sure. Good idea!

+1

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
There is one problem. There aren't a lot of donators so people will start to remember the name like hgbf or mateu9999. Its not that common for a normal player to see more than one donator.

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

ciwa

Forum Expert
May 7, 2016
The Netherlands.
I think that this was already spoiled somewhere else, maybe in the Cube Community Stream. :/

Since than I really like this idea, but the only thing what is missing is that you can disable your tag IF YOU WANT IT ONLY. :)

+1 :D

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth

Yes please!
getting targeted is the worst, this will really fix the problem :D
There is one problem. There aren't a lot of donators so people will start to remember the name like hgbf or mateu9999. Its not that common for a normal player to see more than one donator.
this isn't a big problem you could lie to them and say something like "i got hacked and someone stole my rank" or "CC has a glitch where it takes some ranks from players" etc
and let them memorize names there isn't something u can do about this other than /nick which could be abused by pretending to be someone

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Yes please!
getting targeted is the worst, this will really fix the problem :D

this isn't a big problem you could lie to them and say something like "i got hacked and someone stole my rank" or "CC has a glitch where it takes some ranks from players" etc
and let them memorize names there isn't something u can do about this other than /nick which could be abused by pretending to be someone
ye know. /nick on most servers that use it as a security method worka differently. It generates a random username. Then checks if anyone by that username has ever joined the server. If yes rinse and repeat that process until it finds a name that hasn't joined yet. This prevents people from preteding to be someone, while still being anonymous.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
/nick on most servers that use it as a security method worka differently. It generates a random username. Then checks if anyone by that username has ever joined the server. If yes rinse and repeat that process until it finds a name that hasn't joined yet. This prevents people from preteding to be someone, while still being anonymous.
that sounds very complicated to code, if it is very easy then sure add it, but if it isn't they should focus on their main plans then customize a time to add this

larswijn

Dedicated Member
Really? As a stone rank, I might remember somebody voting, but as I am usually in l1, I wouldn't even have a clue who voted in that game. The only way is because I saw them before, but as there are like 50 to 70 stone ranks for every ranked (please correct me if you think I'm wrong), there are gonna be too much ranked players to remember...
(Just randomly passing by, but as far as I know, @mateu9999 still has a stone rank... )

I don't think that normal ranks get targeted that much, unless they vote for hardcore, but for YT'ers I think it is a big problem. Neither do I think that adding this could be too hard, although I would prefer, w/ the small amount of dev's working ATM, that they focus on the anti-cheat first... +.5

Reactions: Despacito 2

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
upload_2016-12-10_9-27-8.png

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
but for YT'ers I think it is a big problem
you just made me realize something
people tend to type in chat "That isn't the real X, he/she is a fake" (replace X with a random Youtuber), if they appear as a stone rank in the lobby they will just assume "Fake youtuber!" and might not even target them or do the complete opposite and target them for 'using someone else's IGN'

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Ya know, only forum people will remember donor names ._.
It's not very easy to find the same donator twice.
IGN: GetKillsGoAway
Dont Like: i been banned
But i like the idea
This is irrelevant.
Please appeal here https://appeals.cubecraft.net

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Tbh, I really don't care if kids are hating on me because I voted for Basic/Normal/Op chests, but I get your point, not everyone likes it.

Reactions: SkoodyDood
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom