• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Normally when no one in a game vote for a specific game mode or time at the day, it just start with the default game mode and time. My suggestion is to randomize it so people who aren't able to vote will be able to play all the game modes.

I often join games and vote for something and people without rank say "Oh, I have never played this game mode." just because they aren't able to vote and people who are able to vote don't like the gamemode or just don't feel for voting for it.

Keep in mind that this is ONLY if there are no votes at all.

(There is another thread about it: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/items-health-etc.194132/#post-873209 but that's over a year old now and I still think that this is needed if people aren't able to vote anyway and it would be fun if everyone were able to play all game modes more or less.)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
If I were a player experiencing random votes, I'd rather not be slapped in the face with something like normal half, op double, hardcore triple, etc. for eggwars in particular.
Not only would this kill the intended game experience for those who can't vote (and have no votes submitted), but it'd also force players to play with ranks or buy their own rank if they want to play normal normal (the natural mode). Ranks aren't there to ensure the normal game. They're here so they can spice it up and vote for something to change the way the entire match is played. I doubt every eggwars game being spiced up by completely random votes wouldn't be enjoyable for the new players, but that's just how I see it.
As for the other gamemodes, I wouldn't mind it, but it'd devalue ranks in the way that you never need to have a player capable of voting to play your mode. In these situations, I'd just play the game normally with no issues and occasionally be pleasantly surprised with my favorite combinations while playing. I wouldn't consider getting a rank under these circumstances.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
If I were a player experiencing random votes, I'd rather not be slapped in the face with something like normal half, op double, hardcore triple, etc. for eggwars in particular.
Not only would this kill the intended game experience for those who can't vote (and have no votes submitted), but it'd also force players to play with ranks or buy their own rank if they want to play normal normal (the natural mode). Ranks aren't there to ensure the normal game. They're here so they can spice it up and vote for something to change the way the entire match is played. I doubt every eggwars game being spiced up by completely random votes wouldn't be enjoyable for the new players, but that's just how I see it.
As for the other gamemodes, I wouldn't mind it, but it'd devalue ranks in the way that you never need to have a player capable of voting to play your mode. In these situations, I'd just play the game normally with no issues and occasionally be pleasantly surprised with my favorite combinations while playing. I wouldn't consider getting a rank under these circumstances.
I get your point but in my opinion it would actually just be fun to get something random now and then, boring to just play the same over and over.

I was also thinking about giving everyone the option to vote for random or default but not sure if that would be any better.

Demacushi

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2018
The Netherlands
I agree, in this way stone-rankers can experience different gamemodes/time-zones, I think players will have a more enjoyable experience to the game. It also gives some variation to the game instead of the players constantly playing the same gamemode/time-zone. (:

Reactions: Livvv
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
You got 400 redaction score!! Congrats!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #38-
A book called 'A la recherche du temps perdu' by Marcel Proust contains an estimated 9,609,000 characters, making it the longest book in the world. The title translates to "Remembrance of Things Past".
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
You are so close to 400!:D
ToonBer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713270171790.png
Top Bottom