Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which do you think is more annoying/gamebreaking

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johngi

Aug 14, 2018
I have played tower defence for a long time (sort of: I have played a relatively low amount of time, but I have played for about a week before forgetting it for a couple months. I remember the times when you not only had to unlock skill trees for towers but many of the towers themselves) and I definitely have found out first-hand the disadvantages made because of this.
Ragequitting:
  • What it is: In my book, whenever a player leaves the match for any reason other than the match has ended. Rage does not have to be involved
  • How does it affect the game: Quite a lot actually. It's not hard to lose 4 players from your team on a 6v6 game. Happened three times yesterday and once today just for me. And when that happens, your team simply stops functioning effectively and your castle will lose all its health and die. Quickly.
  • How to prevent it: It's not too hard to think of a creative way to punish repeated ragequitters (ok, some people leave for lunch or have the game crash) First, add a scoreboard that measures games finished (every time a player sees the "You won/lost!" screen) and a scoreboard that measures games started (whenever a player joins a game after waiting in the game lobby for enough players) Whenever someone is not in a game (a simple true/false scoreboard) and their " games started" scoreboard is larger than their "games ended" scoreboard, add one onto the "rage quit scoreboard". Then, punish accordingly. You, commenter, think of a creative punishing method. I remember one game that specifically puts ragequitters in servers for ragequitters (there weren't many, so matchmaking took forever)
Bad Tower Placement:
  • What it is: It is either: A: Someone puts a 3x3 tower in a 5x5 space, effectively not letting you place a 5x5 or B: Someone puts any tower offset from its optimal position (i.e the squares of blocks next to the "road" you are defending).
  • How does it affect the game: When someone places a tower in the wrong place, it not only removes a possible tower (sometimes 2, or maybe even 3 if you are good at being bad), but it also makes people really mad. Like really. Its the one way to upset a TD player. People go MAD because of it. And, if that player spams his archer towers in a bad place, and then ragequits (this combo is quite common, as inexperienced players will play bad, then quit because TD is a long game (it is, but its not bad and the game is quite good because of the time you get to develop your road defences))
  • How to prevent it: Well, you know if you try to place your tower on the road, it will make a villager noise? Do the exact same thing for all blocks except the middle of the squares next to the road. Then, if you click on the middle of a 3x3 square, you will get a menu for the 3x3 towers, and if you click on the middle of the 5x5 square then you will get a menu for the 5x5 towers
Some final ideas:
  • Make it against the rules to do anything listed above.
  • In the tutorial, make it so that the player is alerted of the effects of placing a tower in the wrong place
  • Make the rules easier to find, Even I don't know where to find them. I just try not to do anything silly, and apologise if I accidentally break one (has never happened tho).
I hope that my thread will help towards creating a better and more enjoyable game.
When the poll closes I will also go into the results of the poll and discuss in a separate

Reactions: The_Rising_Sun

The_Rising_Sun

Novice Member
Aug 19, 2017
Well when people ragequit on my team it makes my life easier :D
I don't mind bad tower placement if the person have a specific reason to place it there (Lets be honest Most people either A don't talk or B just bad)
I am known for placing Leach towers in a 3x3 box only because it is a strategic location
I always have a reason to place Leach in a what people call it a "bad spot"
I kind of disagree you with your idea of separating the towers because it limits potential

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Players leaving the game is for sure annoying but punish players for it would only be bad, both for the game and the server.
What if I join a game and it takes longer than I thought, am I not allowed to leave without getting punished? People may not have the time to stay or maybe they just crash, it could happen to anyone.

Bad tower placement annoy me a lot, I know that a lot of people usually claim spots and some people just troll around and place towers everywhere, there are also people who are new to the game and don't know how to play. It's hard to do anything about it but if people keep placing towers in weird spots, you could always report them for trolling, try to warn them first though so they have a chance to sell them if they just don't know how to play.

And here is the rules: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/

You are able to find the rules if you click on forums and then look under Official CubeCraft Games Newsboard.

Reactions: Chum Chum

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Ragequitting:
  • What it is: In my book, whenever a player leaves the match for any reason other than the match has ended. Rage does not have to be involved
Ehh, rage quitting literally means quitting because of rage. xd
Maybe someone crashes, or their internet disconnects for some reason? Or maybe they have to attend irl business >.>

I used to be really bad at tower defence a while back, but people were really nice, and taught me how to actually place towers. There are general trolls, but there also are clueless people that just don't know what they're doing.

The tutorial should just be mandatory, you shouldn't be punished for not knowing what you're doing, or having real life business getting in the way of continuing your game.
Your life should come before gaming, and not after.

Johngi

Aug 14, 2018
Players leaving the game is for sure annoying but punish players for it would only be bad, both for the game and the server.
What if I join a game and it takes longer than I thought, am I not allowed to leave without getting punished? People may not have the time to stay or maybe they just crash, it could happen to anyone.
Maybe someone crashes, or their internet disconnects for some reason? Or maybe they have to attend irl business >.>

Sorry, you have misunderstood.
You don't get punished for leaving, you get punished for leaving often.

Ehh, rage quitting literally means quitting because of rage. xd

No, because you can't prove they left because of rage unless they were talking in chat. And anyway, if I called them "quitters" it will almost certainly get confused with quitting because of the game ending or irl business, instead of the game. Read the first comment why irl reasons don't count for punishments.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
No, because you can't prove they left because of rage unless they were talking in chat.
Which is why you don't call it rage quitting... My internet often disconnects out of the blue, and just because you're not sure why I disconnected doesn't mean I raged and left xd
Read the first comment why irl reasons don't count for punishments.
This still shouldn't be a thing; punishing someone for leaving is ridiculous and should just never happen. It's also a little too complicated and unnecessary IMO, to do all this for the sole purpose of punishing people that quit games.

Reactions: The_Rising_Sun

Johngi

Aug 14, 2018
This still shouldn't be a thing; punishing someone for leaving is ridiculous and should just never happen. It's also a little too complicated and unnecessary IMO, to do all this for the sole purpose of punishing people that quit games.
It's not ridiculous. In fact, many games have systems that punish players that leave often, and they are not very controversial.
Besides, having 4 of your team members leave is horrible and game-breaking. A team is very vulnerable when the enemy has a full team and you have 2 players. This is not only bad but very common in many games. Losing 4 players is like losing 100 coins/s and many more mobs. Also, when the enemy has more money, your remaining mob attacks become ever weaker as the larger amount of players can more easily manage money and get more towers. They also can defend with their weapons, which your team has 4 less of. This is unfair and should at least trigger a warning after many reported quits.
(Oh, and it's even worse when double income is on. Your problems become very bad when your enemy has double the money, as they can deploy more monsters at a time and place and upgrade more towers more often)

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I can pretty much confirm we will not be punishing people for leaving the game. This is not a competitive server (as in playing the game in a competition for actual money). And tower defense is a decently lengthy game, so some people may not be able to sit in a game for 2+ hours and have to leave before it ends. I do believe there is also a bug that causes players to randomly get timed out (not sure if it’s fixed or not), and it absolutely would not be fair to punish players for getting kicked by a bug several times.
It’s annoying, yes, but not something worth punishing for.

I’m pretty sure misplacing towers counts as team trolling already. You just will need to warn them a few times in chat and show who placed the towers and then they can be punished. This would not be just one misplaced tower, but quite a few before a ban would be in order.

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
I can pretty much confirm we will not be punishing people for leaving the game. This is not a competitive server (as in playing the game in a competition for actual money). And tower defense is a decently lengthy game, so some people may not be able to sit in a game for 2+ hours and have to leave before it ends. I do believe there is also a bug that causes players to randomly get timed out (not sure if it’s fixed or not), and it absolutely would not be fair to punish players for getting kicked by a bug several times.
It’s annoying, yes, but not something worth punishing for.

I’m pretty sure misplacing towers counts as team trolling already. You just will need to warn them a few times in chat and show who placed the towers and then they can be punished. This would not be just one misplaced tower, but quite a few before a ban would be in order.
No it's not fixed the bug is still a thing

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Both are pretty obnoxious, but short of making leaving bannable, I don't see what we can do about it.

We should honestly just make it so you can only place 5x5 towers in 5x5 spots, 3x3 towers in 3x3 spots, and no towers in places that take up multiple spots. Towers should be magnetized to a grid and not be able to be constructed out of place.

ellamaree8

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2016
New Zealand
Both are pretty obnoxious, but short of making leaving bannable, I don't see what we can do about it.

We should honestly just make it so you can only place 5x5 towers in 5x5 spots, 3x3 towers in 3x3 spots, and no towers in places that take up multiple spots. Towers should be magnetized to a grid and not be able to be constructed out of place.

Personally I don't find teammates leaving the biggest issue. If someone has to leave, it could be due to an infinite number of reasons and I don't think it's fair to ban players for doing this. It definitely makes it more difficult, however the game can still be won by one person and if you're a competent player it shouldn't be too hard.

In the past I've read threads suggesting the magnetised towers to a grid and the inability to place wrong sized towers to the wrong size spots and although this is the most obvious solution, I feel like it could potentially damage the creative integrity of the game. We already have certain rules in place to stop tower stacking such as the Mage and Ice Towers, I believe the more we constrict player's ability to create their own unique defences, the more mundane the game becomes. I like the freedom to be able to tailor my defence structure myself and personally the game would quickly lose some of it's popularity if there were only a few different kinds of defence set ups one could pick from.

Maybe instead of the magnetised grid, there could be a pop-up warning players that they've placed the wrong tower in the wrong spot, either in the middle of the chat or in the chat bar?

Just my personal thoughts. :)

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Personally I don't find teammates leaving the biggest issue. If someone has to leave, it could be due to an infinite number of reasons and I don't think it's fair to ban players for doing this. It definitely makes it more difficult, however the game can still be won by one person and if you're a competent player it shouldn't be too hard.

In the past I've read threads suggesting the magnetised towers to a grid and the inability to place wrong sized towers to the wrong size spots and although this is the most obvious solution, I feel like it could potentially damage the creative integrity of the game. We already have certain rules in place to stop tower stacking such as the Mage and Ice Towers, I believe the more we constrict player's ability to create their own unique defences, the more mundane the game becomes. I like the freedom to be able to tailor my defence structure myself and personally the game would quickly lose some of it's popularity if there were only a few different kinds of defence set ups one could pick from.

Maybe instead of the magnetised grid, there could be a pop-up warning players that they've placed the wrong tower in the wrong spot, either in the middle of the chat or in the chat bar?

Just my personal thoughts. :)
Please do not post on threads that are 2 weeks (14 days) old, based on the last post, as this is considered necroposting and is against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
Top Bottom