Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
I was told by Eli that microphone is only used during the interview, and after that usage is no longer required.

So why do candidates need to have microphone if it's only used for that. It seems like such a strange way to reduce the candidate pool.

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
Hi there
you can download discord on your phone. you don't have to buy a specific microphone.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
It is necessary for the interview, but also necessary for any staff meetings that occur if you progress.

Exactly. It is indeed used after the interview if you do get accepted. You need a way to communicate with the rest of the team beyond interview so they can go over the new commands, rules and regulations, and more and it would be nice if you had a mic to make sure you understand everything.

EDIT: Sorry I kinda typed this is in a hurry since I was busy but whatever @Priley said is also correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Entrustious6679

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
As far as I'm aware, a microphone is required so interviewees can't think about their answer for too long (writing it down, rereading it five times, checking for spelling and what-not), just straight out saying it out loud is so much more genuine. Could also be convenient to identify catchfish.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Also, does this mean that if you're mute or deaf IRL, you're automatically ineligible for helper?
As far as I'm aware, a microphone is required so interviewees can't think about their answer for too long (writing it down, rereading it five times, checking for spelling and what-not), just straight out saying it out loud is so much more genuine. Could also be convenient to identify catchfish.
catchfish?
Hi there
you can download discord on your phone. you don't have to buy a specific microphone.
What a coincidence! I just happened to manage to fix my phone's bootloader yesterday.
meme.gif

Last edited:

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
catchfish?
Many people lie about their age and being able to tell if someone has the voice of a 7-year-old versus a 27-year-old is very important. I've seen many people lie about their age in order to become staff on a server, so this is nice to have. Also, it makes a more meaningful connection and the recruiters are more likely to pick someone that they feel they connect with. If you apply for staff good luck!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom