Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I've suggested it countless times in the past and received no strong objections about doing this.
I know it can be hard to put links in the chat, but if Cube doesn't start pushing it's other platforms like the forums on bedrock, the number of Bedrock staff applicants is not going to pick up anytime soon - and that's something bedrock needs desparately. There will always be a way of pushing it, whether it's broadcasts with the URL for the forums, NPCs in the lobby or something else, any of it would be better than what is currently in place.

Zed even said in this thread at the beginning of the year that " We don't really push our forums on the Bedrock server at the moment. Our mobile experience isn't great at the moment and until we have that nailed I don't think there's much point pushing it ingame."
Since the forums update, the forums have been much much better on mobile - now is the time. Delaying it any longer won't help anyone.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Yea there’s like some people who are constantly in the lobbies and even on the lbs and I ask them do u have forums and they say ‘what is forums” also add a poll pls

Reactions: KitsuneToru

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I'm going to bring this up again as I've recently noticed some irony from the cube admin team. They made this statement about the helper requirements.
1602706412107.png

The given reason was due to "community feedback", which was quite obviously the lack of bedrock applicants, which I checked and can confirm was correct
1602706400520.png

Despite the fact that cube needs drastically far more bedrock staff, they continue to refuse to push the forums and discord on the Bedrock server. I don't get how they think that Bedrock players will join the forums and discord when there is less than 3 mentions of it on the entire server. Listen, Cube. If you want more bedrock applicants you NEED to push it more. The bedrock server peaks at over 13,000 people a day and despite that the vast majority of them don't use the forums and discord. Why do you think this is? How are people supposed to know that such things exist if they barely ever see them mentioned on the server???

Pushing them more on bedrock won't even hurt anyone so please, for the sake of the bedrock community who need more staff members and for your own sake because you also need more bedrock staff - just do it.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Despite the fact that cube needs drastically far more bedrock staff, they continue to refuse to push the forums and discord on the Bedrock server. I don't get how they think that Bedrock players will join the forums and discord when there is less than 3 mentions of it on the entire server. Listen, Cube. If you want more bedrock applicants you NEED to push it more. The bedrock server peaks at over 13,000 people a day and despite that the vast majority of them don't use the forums and discord. Why do you think this is? How are people supposed to know that such things exist if they barely ever see them mentioned on the server???

Pushing them more on bedrock won't even hurt anyone so please, for the sake of the bedrock community who need more staff members and for your own sake because you also need more bedrock staff - just do it.
I absolutely agree and we are looking for viable ways for us to push our socials & forums/Discord a lot more on Bedrock, however with the restrictions of Microsoft not allowing clickable chat messages, it's more-so finding an effective way to pursue this.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I absolutely agree and we are looking for viable ways for us to push our socials & forums/Discord a lot more on Bedrock, however with the restrictions of Microsoft not allowing clickable chat messages, it's more-so finding an effective way to pursue this.
- Links in chat
- Links over NPC's heads in bodies
- General promotion broadcasts telling people to search it up
- NPCs with pop-up links
- Server description on the server list
- Link in server list banner
- A list of links in the social menu
- In the scoreboard (which there is already it turns out :o just not really significant or saying what it is)

This is what I could think of in 5 minutes. Surely the admin team can think of even more ways since they're even more experienced, can't they?

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
This is what I could think of in 5 minutes. Surely the admin team can think of even more ways since they're even more experienced, can't they?

These kinds of ideas have been discussed, however, we are looking at ways to make it easier for players that use a wide range of devices on the network to be able to access CubeCraft sites. 😄

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
These kinds of ideas have been discussed, however, we are looking at ways to make it easier for players that use a wide range of devices on the network to be able to access CubeCraft sites. 😄
Why can't some of these ideas be implemented in the interrim to at least bolster the coverage by a bit? It might not be the best for the long term, but Bedrock needs helpers NOW - not in however many months or years it takes for Cube to finally discuss, decide and implement a proper idea

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Heyo, so we're implementing in game announcements on Bedrock, similar to Java, but less invasive. This includes us advertising our social media like Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, as well as our forums, staff applications, and designer applications, as we're unsure about how else to implement these advertisements well due to the restrictions on clickable chat.

Here's a few images showing how they look! One of these messages will be sent every 10 minutes. This can be changed.

1612882794602.png

When you first join CubeCraft.

1612882930753.png

1612883149986.png

Showing off our socials.

Thanks for the suggestion!

- Implemented, locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Top Bottom