Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Currently if a profile is spammed by many likes by multiple users they get punished with a like reset. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this but I would greatly prefer it if the spammers were unable to like any posts if they continued after a warning as they are the ones committing the act and not the person receiving the likes. In the case of alternate accounts being used to get likes I believe both accounts should be banned and have their likes reset as the current rules state but if its a random member I believe my idea would be much more fair.

Thanks for reading! Leave your opinions below :D

Reactions: BlueMoon475

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I don't quite get why there is a punishment for like spamming. I guess if the one person hates all the notifications they are getting and ask the user to stop, then there should be a punishment, but I don't really see why else. Likes don't really show anything, and if you willing to waste your time creating an alt, and scrolling through pages and pages of posts, be my guest. XD. Unless likes actually count to something (other than the most liked member tab), I don't see why it is punishable in the first place.
If someone could please explain why, that would be great. :)

Reactions: Power Ranger
U

Unipotato

I agree. If the like spammer is not an alt of the person who is being spammed, the spammer should get punished.

Reactions: _KTW_

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
Currently if a profile is spammed by many likes by multiple users they get punished with a like reset. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this but I would greatly prefer it if the spammers were unable to like any posts if they continued after a warning as they are the ones committing the act and not the person receiving the likes. In the case of alternate accounts being used to get likes I believe both accounts should be banned and have their likes reset as the current rules state but if its a random member I believe my idea would be much more fair.

How would Cubecraft identify them as spammers though? I know it's oblivious "they like all your posts" but how would they know that?

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
How would Cubecraft identify them as spammers though? I know it's oblivious "they like all your posts" but how would they know that?
Are you are asking how they know if someone is like spamming? If you go into recent activity on someone's profile, you can see all recent activity. I assume staff just check and see if that is spammed with liking 1 person's content.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
Are you are asking how they know if someone is like spamming? If you go into recent activity on someone's profile, you can see all recent activity. I assume staff just check and see if that is spammed with liking 1 person's content.
Because you know staff are just going to monitor 550 players accounts... Lmao

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.15.31 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.15.31 pm.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: Jeff_Bllkth

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015

We don't punish the person being spammed with likes unless they ask others to spam like their posts or if they use an alternative account to give their other account likes.

Reactions: Ping Ether
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Dreamer wrote on xNessus's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!
JustNathie wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
BurgerCat13 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday Day 🍳
(too bad cake has eggs in its ingredients)
AnolTongi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
Top Bottom