Not open for further replies.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It's a good idea to make bullying mute/bannable but when is it being toxic and when is it bullying...

Toxicisty can consist of: "L" "Looser" "Trash Kid" "Hahah ez"
Bullying can consist of: "You smell like poo poo" "Your dumb" those whenr't the best eamples as most have swearing in them and sometimes can be just reported for swearing, however sometimes, depending on the situation, being toxic, but following the person around, saying awful things about them, and refusing to back down could be bullying also.

I'm half asleep so if I wrote something weird or am not making sense let me know lolz.

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
Bullying can consist of: "You smell like poo poo" "Your dumb" those whenr't the best eamples as most have swearing in them and sometimes can be just reported for swearing, however sometimes, depending on the situation, being toxic, but following the person around, saying awful things about them, and refusing to back down could be bullying also.

I'm half asleep so if I wrote something weird or am not making sense let me know lolz.
I agree with this besides the fact that "you smell like poo poo" if someone says this to you i dont see the point of taking this serious.

And i dont think you wrote something weird and you make sence xD

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands

You're totally making sense, trashtalk is like "ez noob" "get better kid"

Bullying is like threatening and focussing and killing and saying bad things about you.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
It's a good idea to make bullying mute/bannable but when is it being toxic and when is it bullying...
@_The13thDoctor_ Put it pretty well.

In my opinion, it can also depend on how the victim is reacting to the toxic person. Basically, if only the bully/toxic person is guilty of being toxic and the victim is innocent (hasn't thrown anything back at the toxic person) then the toxic person is bullying, as the innocent person hasn't done anything to deserve being bullied or didn't help start a fight.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Jukaido

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hello,
I have been on the cubecraft discord for a while now. I’m just going to cut to the chase. You already read the title and I want there to be a “no bullying” rule. It’s as simple as that, I don’t think anyone wants bullying, why is it not punishable?

I had a personal experience that I will share. I will be showing screenshots of me talking to some of my friends about someone on the discord who bullied me and some of my other friends. This person joined the discord and had been there for a little bit. He ended up finding me in a game and killed me. He then proceeded to go onto the discord to tell me I was trash at the game. It didn’t stop with that. He proceeded to insult my profile picture, and anytime I spoke he would try to nag me on to start a fight. Anytime I talked in chat and he was there he would end up trying to fight me. It got to a point where I didn’t talk in the chat while he was there and tried to avoid that chat totally. I told a mod about the situation:

I let a few days pass as he kept bullying me and others. Eventually I asked another mod to be sure, because at this point I was getting irritated by the bully.

He was eventually banned from the discord for swearing, but he was bullying me and others for a week. I don’t want to see any more bullying towards others in discord EVER again. I was honestly baffled to learn that bullying wasn’t punishable. I don’t want to hear anyone say “get over it” or “there’s always going to be people like that” because yes, there is going to be bullies, but I don’t think that bullying should be present at ALL on CC discord. Thank you for your time.
Hello,
I have been on the cubecraft discord for a while now. I’m just going to cut to the chase. You already read the title and I want there to be a “no bullying” rule. It’s as simple as that, I don’t think anyone wants bullying, why is it not punishable?

I had a personal experience that I will share. I will be showing screenshots of me talking to some of my friends about someone on the discord who bullied me and some of my other friends. This person joined the discord and had been there for a little bit. He ended up finding me in a game and killed me. He then proceeded to go onto the discord to tell me I was trash at the game. It didn’t stop with that. He proceeded to insult my profile picture, and anytime I spoke he would try to nag me on to start a fight. Anytime I talked in chat and he was there he would end up trying to fight me. It got to a point where I didn’t talk in the chat while he was there and tried to avoid that chat totally. I told a mod about the situation:

I let a few days pass as he kept bullying me and others. Eventually I asked another mod to be sure, because at this point I was getting irritated by the bully.

He was eventually banned from the discord for swearing, but he was bullying me and others for a week. I don’t want to see any more bullying towards others in discord EVER again. I was honestly baffled to learn that bullying wasn’t punishable. I don’t want to hear anyone say “get over it” or “there’s always going to be people like that” because yes, there is going to be bullies, but I don’t think that bullying should be present at ALL on CC discord. Thank you for your time.
I got banned for "drama inciting" aka Calling someone with a staff-name a fake staff-member. It was stated under "harassment" So I guess that mod/helper doesn't know the rules or the staff-member that banned me doesn't.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I got banned for "drama inciting" aka Calling someone with a staff-name a fake staff-member. It was stated under "harassment" So I guess that mod/helper doesn't know the rules or the staff-member that banned me doesn't.
Hello! I'm assuming you're Julian! Nice to meet you again, I'm patito. The one you kept calling fake?

I just wanted to pinpoint why I believe what you did completely deserved a punishment, from a personal standpoint.

No matter where I went, every time you were in the same chat as I was, you kept calling me fake, a fraud, and when I asked you to stop (countless times) you kept nagging me about it and mentioning it countless of times. The fact I asked you to stop MULTIPLE times yet you still kept it going, is not bullying anymore, it's harassment.

I had that username before the staff member joined the Cube network. I never named myself patito to copy the Customer Support patito, I named myself that because my friend, she likes to call me Pato (duck in Spanish), but I found patito to be cuter (duckling). So now she nicknames me patito, and I liked the username as well, so now, I'm patito.

Even a Staff member told you to stop at some point (if I recall correctly) because I wasn't fake, I wasn't trying to impersonate, and there was no need to nickname me. The fact you never left me alone about this despite me asking you to stop on multiple occasions is harassment with no doubt. I had to provide the Staff member that banned you with A LOT of screenshots, and nearly all of them including me asking you to stop because I didn't like it.

There's a fine line with the bullying that's mentioned in this thread and the way you kept calling me a fraud, if it was as a joke I would understand, but it was very obvious that I didn't see that as a joke. You can't say I was playing along with the joke when I never laughed and asked you to stop on countless occasions.

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
@_The13thDoctor_ Put it pretty well.

In my opinion, it can also depend on how the victim is reacting to the toxic person. Basically, if only the bully/toxic person is guilty of being toxic and the victim is innocent (hasn't thrown anything back at the toxic person) then the toxic person is bullying, as the innocent person hasn't done anything to deserve being bullied or didn't help start a fight.
But that's the entire point of toxic people.... They don't need a reason to start trash talking.

AlperenKuru

Feb 18, 2017
My house
I mean it falls under being respectful at that point. I think the staff team should be more specific with that, and if they require it, add a rule / agreement stating no bullying is allowed.

cisean

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
This definitely should be added so when people use the discord server they don't have to deal with negativity of another user.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
This is such an easy yes, it's awful that people like this are still around! You can be banned on the Cubecraft server for bullying, why not on the discord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ToonBer's profile.
Hello cool moderator, how are you today?:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
UncleSpect wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
I scrolled through hundreds of pages in registered members page in a quest to find other mints. After countless days and searching for myself, I found out that- I AM NOT THE ONLY MINT HERE!! I feel happy, that a few people think that mint is not a bad name. The bad thing is, they are all offline! That makes me the only mint active.
Desiderata wrote on Muffin's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom