Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
/report needs to be available to everyone.

Here's what I'm proposing
- Make /report available 2/day for stone ranks, that way there's still benefit in having a rank

Why
- It's not just ranked people that run into hackers
- It isn't fair that you have to pay money to report rule breakers.

Why not website report
- For evidence, you need video, and in some cases screenshots. Not everyone has the ability to record. Also, you present the evidence by uploading it to YouTube. You should be able to upload a file directly to the website. When staff has made their verdict, they can just delete the video to save space for new videos

I hope everyone can see how it isn't fair that only ranks have access to /report. I got my rank a month ago, so I'm speaking from almost 6 years of dealing with rule breakers and not being because I didn't have /report, or didn't have a good enough computer to record.

Brownieh

Feb 18, 2017
the oven at 180 degrees
Yeah it's weird stones can't report through the command, at least give them 1 report per day. And as you said, not everybody has the ability to record for the website reports. Add these two things together and you'll see that a lot of people can't even report anyone.
This should really be changed.

Reactions: Maaarijn and Flqris

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Yeah it's weird stones can't report through the command, at least give them 1 report per day. And as you said, not everybody has the ability to record for the website reports. Add these two things together and you'll see that a lot of people can't even report anyone.
Yea. I bet staff is concerned with getting totally overloaded with reports. If a person makes more then say 5 incorrect reports in a row, they lose the privilage for a certain amount of time. That would encourage people not to spam reports and not just /report because of rage.

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars

- Make /report available 2/day for stone ranks, that way there's still benefit in having a rank

Why
- It's not just ranked people that run into hackers
- It isn't fair that you have to pay money to report rule breakers.

Why not website report
- For evidence, you need video, and in some cases screenshots. Not everyone has the ability to record. Also, you present the evidence by uploading it to YouTube. You should be able to upload a file directly to the website. When staff has made their verdict, they can just delete the video to save space for new videos

I hope everyone can see how it isn't fair that only ranks have access to /report. I got my rank a month ago, so I'm speaking from almost 6 years of dealing with rule breakers and not being because I didn't have /report, or didn't have a good enough computer to record.

It is certainly not weird why stone and under cannot vote. People who have purchased ranks show they are trustworthy and committed. Anyway, people with the ranks can only report a certain number of times.

Growing Moderation Team:

The moderation team is growing fast and CubeCraft hopes to have around 100 staff members by the end of 2020. However, now, the moderation team is quite small and doesn’t always manage to look at /reports as it is with the large number of ranked people. Possibly, as the moderation team expands, the report command will be available to everyone (with fewer times you can use it obviously)

Sentinel:

Sentinel has got three developers now. Hopefully this will allow for less and less rule breakers on the server and therefore more staff will be available to look at the report commands. This, too, will make it more possible to have the command allowed for everyone.

Fake Reports:

A huge reason this command is not available to the vast amount of people that play is because many fake reports will be submitted, continuously wasting the time of the staff team. Trust is a big part of this and indicates why only ranked people (iron and above), who have shown commitment and trust, can use this command at the moment. A solution would be to have people who have submitted more than 3 fake reports (a log should be kept) to not be able to use the command for a specific time. Ranked people also have experience both on game and when determining hacks, unlike some newer members.
For now at least, be patient and do the classic ‘record, report’ and hope as the moderation team expands for Java, this command may be more accessible to unranked, lower ranked players :)

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I totally disagree! First of all, they have currently just enough staff members to look at reports, if everyone gets access to that command there would be way too many reports, also ranked players are a bit more experienced than stone rankers so they can recognise hackers better. If you join the server for the first and play against someone with 5 years experience who is really good at pvp they would think that it’s a hacker and will immediately report them causing too many ‘fake’ reports. And when you’re not able to record people, and yes this might sound a bit hard, but that’s your problem! If you want to get acces to the /report you just have to buy an Iron rank. I see at every game at least one ranker so you can also ask the ranker to report the hacker. So I don’t think this should be changed.

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

They would like to allow everyone to use /report but they just don't have enough moderating staff members atm. They want to have 100 moderaters at the end of this year so this might change. But I don't think stone ranks will get the report command in the near future (2/3 months).

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I totally disagree! First of all, they have currently just enough staff members to look at reports, if everyone gets access to that command there would be way too many reports, also ranked players are a bit more experienced than stone rankers so they can recognise hackers better. If you join the server for the first and play against someone with 5 years experience who is really good at pvp they would think that it’s a hacker and will immediately report them causing too many ‘fake’ reports. And when you’re not able to record people, and yes this might sound a bit hard, but that’s your problem! If you wan to get acces to the /report you just have to buy an Iron rank. So I don’t think this should be changed.
Did you see my other post? If a player makes to many false reports, the lose the privilage for a few days. Also, saying ranked people are more experienced then stone ranks is totally unfair. I know lots of people that have stone rank that are better then people with ranks.

Flqris

Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2017
a Ferris Wheel
www.cubecraft.net
I agree with you. Stones might ''abuse'' the command more than ranked players would, or don't have enough experience to know who is a hacker and who isn't, but atleast give them 1 report per day.
Also - if staff members get too many insufficient reports from players through the command, they could reduce the reports count per day from ranked players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brownieh

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
While it would be nice for stone ranks to have /report or at least an reporting limit per day, this won't be happening anytime soon at this rate. The current moderation team is small (And yes, I am aware it has extended quite a bit thanks to the new helper recruitment system) and is spread out between ingame reports, Java reports and Bedrock reports meaning adding more users to be able to use /report will not help. Especially considering in the past stone ranks used to have /report, but chose to extremely abuse it twice hence why they don't have it at this moment in time.

Also - if staff members get too many insufficient reports from players through the command, they should reduce the report amount per day from ranked players.
Ranked players isn't really an issue as they have a much less chance of abusing the command compared to stone ranks from what I've seen so far.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
It is certainly not weird why stone and under cannot vote. People who have purchased ranks show they are trustworthy and committed. Anyway, people with the ranks can only report a certain number of times.

Growing Moderation Team:

The moderation team is growing fast and CubeCraft hopes to have around 100 staff members by the end of 2020. However, now, the moderation team is quite small and doesn’t always manage to look at /reports as it is with the large number of ranked people. Possibly, as the moderation team expands, the report command will be available to everyone (with fewer times you can use it obviously)

Sentinel:

Sentinel has got three developers now. Hopefully this will allow for less and less rule breakers on the server and therefore more staff will be available to look at the report commands. This, too, will make it more possible to have the command allowed for everyone.

Fake Reports:

A huge reason this command is not available to the vast amount of people that play is because many fake reports will be submitted, continuously wasting the time of the staff team. Trust is a big part of this and indicates why only ranked people (iron and above), who have shown commitment and trust, can use this command at the moment. A solution would be to have people who have submitted more than 3 fake reports (a log should be kept) to not be able to use the command for a specific time. Ranked people also have experience both on game and when determining hacks, unlike some newer members.
For now at least, be patient and do the classic ‘record, report’ and hope as the moderation team expands for Java, this command may be more accessible to unranked, lower ranked players :)
Almost everything you said here is unfair. Especially about ranks having more experience. Ranks = money. THey dont show skill/experience in anyway. The reason why ranked people are good is because the people that are more dedicated to the server are also more likely to get a rank. Vista Giraffe is a youtuber i know. He has gold rank, and is definitely the biggest noob I've ever seen. Ranks and skill are correlated, but not directly related. Also, Ive said like 3 times if someone makes to many false reports, they lose the privilege for a few days. This will help keep spamming down

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Why not website report
Uploading videos directly to the website is not really an option. It takes large amounts of storage to keep videos, so it would be quite expensive for Cube to implement a system that could keep evidence for months/years as more and more people report. Screenshots take significantly less space, so you can store hundreds of thousands of screenshots easily.
That is why we use a third party site like YouTube. Free to create an account so anyone is able to do so, and then you just link your evidence once it is uploaded.

We are aware that not everyone can or wants to record videos to report rule breaking players. This is the reason why /report became a thing. It is for the convenience of the players. Before this, there was no choice expect to record and report if you wanted to make sure they got punished.
Yea. I bet staff is concerned with getting totally overloaded with reports. If a person makes more then say 5 incorrect reports in a row, they lose the privilage for a certain amount of time. That would encourage people not to spam reports and not just /report because of rage.
This wouldn’t solve any of the issues. What would define an incorrect report? Take teaming for example. They got reported when they were teaming, and have since fought each other or one of them died. That report would be seen as incorrect once a staff member was able to view the report which would now count as one or two reports against them. What about cheaters who heavily toggle (which I have seen quite a few times)? They don’t appear to be using anything, and then they choose to activate everything at once. We don’t have the time to spectate for several minutes due to the large volume of reports that come in even at the moment. This means we might not catch these toggling players which would count against the people reporting them. We also would have even less time to deal with individual reports as the volume of reports would likely be four or more times as great with everyone being able to report.

I am not in favor of giving everyone the command until certain things have change and improved to make handling the spam more efficient. Simply too many issues at the moment.

Reactions: Meiske

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Uploading videos directly to the website is not really an option. It takes large amounts of storage to keep videos, so it would be quite expensive for Cube to implement a system that could keep evidence for months/years as more and more people report. Screenshots take significantly less space, so you can store hundreds of thousands of screenshots easily.
That is why we use a third party site like YouTube. Free to create an account so anyone is able to do so, and then you just link your evidence once it is uploaded.

We are aware that not everyone can or wants to record videos to report rule breaking players. This is the reason why /report became a thing. It is for the convenience of the players. Before this, there was no choice expect to record and report if you wanted to make sure they got punished.

This wouldn’t solve any of the issues. What would define an incorrect report? Take teaming for example. They got reported when they were teaming, and have since fought each other or one of them died. That report would be seen as incorrect once a staff member was able to view the report which would now count as one or two reports against them. What about cheaters who heavily toggle (which I have seen quite a few times)? They don’t appear to be using anything, and then they choose to activate everything at once. We don’t have the time to spectate for several minutes due to the large volume of reports that come in even at the moment. This means we might not catch these toggling players which would count against the people reporting them. We also would have even less time to deal with individual reports as the volume of reports would likely be four or more times as great with everyone being able to report.

I am not in favor of giving everyone the command until certain things have change and improved to make handling the spam more efficient. Simply too many issues at the moment.
Yea i understand how it would be trick. Most people dont seem to like this, so all ill say from here is good luck to the new sentinel devs

Reactions: TheBrownster

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
I totally disagree! First of all, they have currently just enough staff members to look at reports, if everyone gets access to that command there would be way too many reports, also ranked players are a bit more experienced than stone rankers so they can recognise hackers better. If you join the server for the first and play against someone with 5 years experience who is really good at pvp they would think that it’s a hacker and will immediately report them causing too many ‘fake’ reports. And when you’re not able to record people, and yes this might sound a bit hard, but that’s your problem! If you want to get acces to the /report you just have to buy an Iron rank. I see at every game at least one ranker so you can also ask the ranker to report the hacker. So I don’t think this should be changed.
Almost everything you said here is unfair. Especially about ranks having more experience. Ranks = money. THey dont show skill/experience in anyway. The reason why ranked people are good is because the people that are more dedicated to the server are also more likely to get a rank. Vista Giraffe is a youtuber i know. He has gold rank, and is definitely the biggest noob I've ever seen. Ranks and skill are correlated, but not directly related. Also, Ive said like 3 times if someone makes to many false reports, they lose the privilege for a few days. This will help keep spamming down
Almost certainly everything I said was not unfair. Ranked players would only buy the rank if they were dedicated anyway. Mods don’t have time to keep track of every false report, every lying player and can’t afford to waste their time dealing with them. Everything is fine as it is, with the growing moderation team there will be changes.

Shindou

Sep 14, 2018
Maybe once a player reaches level 25 they get access to /report and if they're stone ranks, you get 1-2 report per day, if it's a handled report then you get another one.
It would be good if there was /report for stone ranks but we don't want people with alts spamming /report and stopping staff from actually looking at legit reports.

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
Hi there
Java: If they make it that everyone can /report there will be a lot of false reports and this will slow down the /report system because all the mods need to look at the false reports.

Bedrock: the / report on bedrock is not implemented because there is not enough staff online on bedrock. this command only works If mods are online and willing to do the reports.

Sorry but I don't like the idea of everyone being able to /report.

Craeonkie

Apr 12, 2020

Growing Moderation Team:

Sentinel:

Fake Reports:

Bro...
Almost certainly everything I said was not unfair. Ranked players would only buy the rank if they were dedicated anyway. Mods don’t have time to keep track of every false report, every lying player and can’t afford to waste their time dealing with them. Everything is fine as it is, with the growing moderation team there will be changes.
Imagine some rich brat cried to his mom: MOMMY GIVE ME SOME MONEY FOR MY GAME and the mom agrees so he gets to spam? This is legit only one example of the many I have.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom