Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Currently, there are over 4 pages of forwarded but not yet replied to suggestions. The vast majority (at least 75%) have been waiting at least 2 months for replies and at the longest some have been waiting nearly 6 months now.

This is an absolutely unacceptable reply time given the fact that we were promised as part of the suggestions revamp that the replies would finally be read and some actual transparency would be given with replies to all forwarded threads. However, this promise has been completely broken. While I do have to give cube credit that it is better than the previous system, it is still absolutely awful. The fact that dozens of suggestions can go around sitting for months with no replies just shows that promise was not a promise they were able to keep and they have not apologised or even seemed to do better as despite being told that they would eventually be gotten around to, they have failed to fufil it and don't even have the decency to try and do better, give an explanation or even apologise.

The Cubecraft management team should absolutely rectify this situation as this is their community and their community's voices. If a suggestion gets forwarded then that means that lots of people agree with the suggestion and it is what the community actually wants and Cube should listen to that.

A list of solutions:
1) Apologise, give a reasonable explanation and reply to threads that haven't been replied based on the time they have been waiting. This should be done no matter what but I thought it would be better to state the obvious than assume.
2) Give more staff the knowledge to give proper accurate replies to suggestions so that they can be handled faster. If more staff can give proper replies to threads then more forwarded suggestions can be reviewed, even if only temporary to catch up with the backlog.
3) Provide and enforceable limit and a new proper plan or system to properly process suggestions so that this does not happen in the future.

If you have any feedback, say so below as I'm sure there are more solutions out there to solve this broken system, although the big issue is that far more effort and consideration towards the community needs to be put in otherwise no solution will work.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
"But as for suggestions, I for sure would love to put more resources into implementing suggestions. And not waiting for game updates for them to be implemented- just get it done, QA’d and shipped basically. And I think this would be a great opportunity for us to experiment with this- we’re working on an update basically doing exactly this which is exciting. " today by Younisco

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
"But as for suggestions, I for sure would love to put more resources into implementing suggestions. And not waiting for game updates for them to be implemented- just get it done, QA’d and shipped basically. And I think this would be a great opportunity for us to experiment with this- we’re working on an update basically doing exactly this which is exciting. " today by Younisco
They may have said that, if they did I was not aware however this thread is supposed to get management to actually put forward solid plans. Time after time Cubecraft have made empty promise after empty promise and not even apologised or admitted that they messed up once. They need to actually admit that they have not done good enough and explain properly how they are gonna do better other than just "we're gonna do better" or some other ridiculously vague promise that will ultimately never be fufilled because if they keep up with it, the system will always be broken.

D

Deleted member 347571

Good & big suggestions should be used if players agree with this, there is a simple way to do this. First of all, they should never make big / drastic changes to a game without putting it in BETA first, by putting a game in BETA players will be able to vote whether they like this update or not. Cube could baiscally experiment with a lot of features suggested by the community to make the server better. Small changes doesn't really affect the game much so they can be added immediatly if people seem to like it a lot.

You have to remember that there are still people who tell tons of people to upvote their thread just because they are friends so not all the forwarded threads are really accurate, and this is not to sound mean or anything but i have seen a certain amount of people spamming me with threads, this also happens in cubecraft related discord servers.

I agree that there could be more staff-members who are able to handle these suggestions, this will make it so managers have a bit more time for more important stuff even though this is something essential for the server.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
You have to remember that there are still people who tell tons of people to upvote their thread just because they are friends so not all the forwarded threads are really accurate, and this is not to sound mean or anything but i have seen a certain amount of people spamming me with threads, this also happens in cubecraft related discord servers.
That’s cuz not enough people actually look at the feedback & suggestions subforum to get a suggestion forwarded without advertising it. The only way is by sending links and stuff or it’ll never be noticed. But that doesn’t mean the people who agreed only did that cuz they’re friends, they probably just agreed with the suggestion.

D

Deleted member 347571

That’s cuz not enough people actually look at the feedback & suggestions subforum to get a suggestion forwarded without advertising it. The only way is by sending links and stuff or it’ll never be noticed. But that doesn’t mean the people who agreed only did that cuz they’re friends, they probably just agreed with the suggestion.
Yes of course you can advertise is, aslong as these friends actually agree. A lot of people message their homie saying "yo agree with this so we can get this forwarded" which ends up in unnecessary threads being forwarded.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Bumping this again.

The refusal to comment and complete silence from the admin team essentially shows the fact that the system is broken and they would rather let it fester and get worse than actually admit that they messed up.

No one will be angry if you admit that it doesn't work properly, if anything people will be relieved to know that you can tell when something is wrong. Grow up and give us some kind of comment at the very least @Younisco @AnimalTamer1

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey Kitsune, thanks for the suggestion.

We definitely agree that our current rate of responding to suggestions has been less than ideal, and we're sorry it's taking a long time to respond to them.

Currently, responding to suggestions are extremely finicky - some suggestions are relatively easy to respond to as we envision them fitting into our currently planned updates, or are simply out of reach as it may require outrageous amounts of development time, or others require a lot of research, hence the varying timescales for responding.

As of recent, @Marieke2001 has been going through a bunch of forwarded suggestions as she is leading an update that will hopefully trailblaze us into the future of being able to add smaller suggestions within a realistic timecale. This will hopefully mean more responses to suggestions. @Story has also worked on how forwarded suggestions are displayed to us in the server team so that we can hopefully get responses faster for those who have waited a long time.

I can say though that it was not our plan to let these suggestions slip, and we're hoping to catch up, however, with our associate producers being busy with their projects, as well as us producers being busy with our own, as well as training, it meant it was pushed down our priority lists a bit, and we're extremely sorry it got to this point. This isn't to say we haven't looked and commented on the threads though - I can almost guarantee all the threads that are forwarded have been looked at and commented on by someone on the server team.

To go through your list of improvements:
1) Apologise, give a reasonable explanation and reply to threads that haven't been replied based on the time they have been waiting. This should be done no matter what but I thought it would be better to state the obvious than assume.
Done above.

2) Give more staff the knowledge to give proper accurate replies to suggestions so that they can be handled faster. If more staff can give proper replies to threads then more forwarded suggestions can be reviewed, even if only temporary to catch up with the backlog.
This is unfortunately not possible. We try and involve our staff as much as possible with our projects, however other projects are not possible due to the nature of running Minecraft servers. While we'd love to share all our plans in terms of CubeCraft and its future, some of it is extremely sensitive. Despite this, we still actively seek feedback from our community and staff to ensure our server runs as great as possible - however, sharing entire year-long plans isn't the best on our part as our priorities are constantly changing. We have a cool update coming to Bedrock soon that, though it's a bit sensitive, we still involved some of our Bedrock staff members to gather feedback as this is invaluable going forward.

Furthermore, some of the suggestions that come in aren't necessarily ideas that we've had before. And that's great, we love to see some awesome suggestions come up on the forums that inspire us! However, this also means the responsibility of fitting this into our vision of what the server needs - which is currently limited to the server team as we're always discussing this internally. This doesn't mean that our staff members can't forward suggestions to us internally that they wholeheartedly believe will benefit us, however, it does mean that they may not be able to make these huge decisions for us.

3) Provide and enforceable limit and a new proper plan or system to properly process suggestions so that this does not happen in the future.
We have plans to continue using the current suggestions system. It's unfortunately snowballed out of control with the number of suggestions waiting for a response, however, we still feel it's a solid system that, once we have complete control over, it'll be pretty good. 😄

Again, thanks for the suggestion, let me know if you have any more questions! :]

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom