May 4, 2016
The community completely decided what they wanted in the skywars update
Ot6ncdI.png

16.329.600 seconds
272.160 minutes
4536 hours
189 days
27 weeks

Also, 'completely' is quite a big term to use.. lol.

Anyways, guess you should let the community decide more often then, as that update wasn't even that crappy. Perhaps 4 times a year instead of 2 times?

D

Deleted member 169486

We can't let the community decide huge updates like adding a new game
Why not? We're the ones playing the games, why don't we get input. There have been some bad thing added in updates, yet mods are the only one's testing it out, which is a really small group of people.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
The community completely decided what they wanted in the skywars update, we try and implement popular ideas when we ask for opinions.

I am pretty sure you just mean the people on the forum? You can't say the 'community' decided it if 2% (rough guess) of Cube's players have an active forum account.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Anyway about your question, it's actually hard to say. It indeed has forms of dictatorship: Absolute power, ability to mute criticism. But on the other hand a group of people rule Cubecraft, and within that group they check and punish if everything goes correctly (no proof of this, but I assume it).

I do want to say one thing, and that is: There is only one administrator, he has too much power. I am not saying anything against Tacosbefriends, I am relatively new I don't have an opinion yet. But in my opinion it's bad to have only 1 administrator who plays such an important role.

I guess I do have to give an answer though, so I'll just go over your given examples (I stick to the definition you gave).
Monarchy: Hmm, the king/queen is Johncoles then? Can't really say anything about this, I don't know the influence of him inside the staff.
Democracy: Absolutely not.
Federation: This actually comes close to it, certain self-governing groups together. However this could still show forms of dictatorship if they form one ruling entity together.
Anarchy: Nahh
Dictatorship: Maybe. I think this comes the closest to Cubecraft (in combination with federation).

Now I do like to point out 1 thing: A dictatorship sounds really negative. However, to the purest form, it's just a government ruled by something that has the absolute power. In the Roman Republic there were 'good' dictators. As some of you might know, the usual form was: 2 consuls + senate. There could be chosen a dictator for one year if that was needed, mainly in times of war. These dictators had all the (mainly military) power, but they never abused it.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Why not? We're the ones playing the games, why don't we get input. There have been some bad thing added in updates, yet mods are the only one's testing it out, which is a really small group of people.
Probably because adding a whole new game mode will be the worst thing they can invest their time into if it flops
Not to mention there is no way to know whether it will flop or not
Sure people may really like it but Mind you that is a very small portion of what the whole community likes
If just a few users on the forums like the game but then it turns out playing it not many others like it well then you’re done
Not to mention the difference between reading about the game and playing it
I am sure if someone made a suggestion to add Blockband beforehand that it would probably be called innovative and a good game mode that would be popular

And we all know how Blockband turned out

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Matriox wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🕺
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom