Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
Do you know the prophecy? Yes that thing about a new balance to the Force :)

Well, the thing is Super Craft Bros is terribly unbalanced since the 1.9 update. I already suggested then that some changes should be made, but the suggestion got ignored. After half a year, I would say that it's undeniable that
bows dominate the game overwhelmingly. Skeletons and Blazes win most games with the rest very very far.

This suggestion should be easy to implement. You just need to look for the place where weapons are given to players and change them. The part that needs careful thinking is how more powerful some kits should be.

My suggested changes are adding unbreaking to cactus' sword (as I said in a previous thread, durability is just 59 so it gets depleted very soon), 1 or 2 sharpness levels to sword-like weapons (cactus' sword, zombies' shovel, spiders' eye, endermen's eye, withers' star and creepers' powder).

For kits where the sword-like weapon is their main weapon (cactus, zombie, spider and enderman) I would try to do something about recharge time, if possible.

Skeleton and Blaze would still be stronger, unless armour is reinforced, but at least the unbalance won't be so obvious.

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
I dont think that this is needed..... 50/50 Feeling about this.

Hi Ned, thank you for the answer. But could you elaborate? Nothing is "needed", but if you play SCB often you must have noticed that skeleton or blaze kits almost always win. Do you disagree with this fact or do you think it's good that two kits are much more powerful than the rest?

I do use skeleton in most games and I win most games and the games that I don't win, I lose to other skeletons or sometimes blazes. I feel that the game would be funnier for everyone if there were more diversity.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
You just need to look for the place where weapons are given to players and change them. The part that needs careful thinking is how more powerful some kits should be.
I believe this cannot be a feature sadly because this minigame is suppose to represent the real super smash bros (just different name & characters) and in that game you cannot at all change you're character only before starting a match...
For kits where the sword-like weapon is their main weapon (cactus, zombie, spider and enderman) I would try to do something about recharge time, if possible.
During the time i was playing super craft bros in certain maps melee users where at a huge advantage, currently i believe Spider is one of the best kits to have because of its speed and spider spawn ability, it is the greatest counter to archers or long ranged users, same goes with the enderman just it has a bug that needs to be fixed which is whenever an enderman gets hit by an arrow it shows its location by making an arrow stick out of him making his potentially Overpoweredness nerfed, also creeper is a good one who can send a player flying off the map, some maps like end give archers a huge advantage since they can camp on a tower and if a player tries to climb up they kill them
adding unbreaking to cactus' sword (as I said in a previous thread, durability is just 59 so it gets depleted very soon), 1 or 2 sharpness levels to sword-like weapons (cactus' sword, zombies' shovel, spiders' eye, endermen's eye, withers' star and creepers' powder).
Unbreakable sounds fair enough in fact making them indestructible would be better, as for some of them they do need a slight increase of power but if a kit gives you 2 objects to fight with (e.g skeleton) both items should be nerfed slightly since they are more superior and the 1 item kits need a buff, don't forget wither obtains a bow and you don't want to buff him because he will be the next skeleton and blaze
Skeleton and Blaze would still be stronger, unless armour is reinforced, but at least the unbalance won't be so obvious.
There is a few counters to skeleton and blazes including : Spider (speed is annoying and makes it hard to aim), Enderman (invisibility makes it so he is unkillable for a little bit, just needs to remove the arrow bug), Themselves Fight Fire with fire, you might win
the only major problem is the camping areas
Hi Ned, thank you for the answer
xD no need to be that formal here
I do use skeleton in most games and I win most games and the games that I don't win, I lose to other skeletons or sometimes blazes. I feel that the game would be funnier for everyone if there were more diversity.
learn to use you're kit is all i can say, practice makes perfect, if you manage to get used to you're kit and find good strategies that complement it then you can most likely win with any kit as long as you are able to use it properly!

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
During the time i was playing super craft bros....

Does that mean you haven't play for a time? That would explain some disagreements. Post 1.9 archers are too good. It's not a case of "learn to use your kit". It's a case of "learn to use your archer kit and you can't be defeated by non-archer kits". If you don't believe me, try to beat half a dozen players that I will tell you. Then we have this conversation again ;-)

Another fact you might not know: Wither was already nerfed (pre-1.9 I think) so you can't shot before the previous shell hits.

I agree the Enderman would be better with complete invisibility, but I believe it's not a bug in SCB but a Minecraft "feature". You can't either hide the weapon, so you would need to approach with bare hands, then switch to weapon. Maybe stuck arrows could be removed by code. The spider is indeed powerful, but without a sharper eye ;-) it's no match for archers. I used to win lots of games with Creeper. Now it's almost impossible, unless other players are not experienced.

I believe this cannot be a feature sadly because this minigame is suppose to represent the real super smash bros (just different name & characters) and in that game you cannot at all change you're character only before starting a match...

The original game used command blocks and items stored in chests. So the modification would be modifying the items. I have no idea how it's done in Cubecraft, but in case it's a plugin, there would be a point in the code were the items are created then given to players.

The original maps were still used when I started playing (how I miss some of them!!), now only Ocean survives. So I think it was a modification of the original game. Devs here should know how it was changed.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Does that mean you haven't play for a time? That would explain some disagreements. Post 1.9 archers are too good. It's not a case of "learn to use your kit". It's a case of "learn to use your archer kit and you can't be defeated by non-archer kits". If you don't believe me, try to beat half a dozen players that I will tell you. Then we have this conversation again ;-)
I played not too long ago, i played this minigame with 1.8 cubecraft and 1.9 cubecraft i experienced both sides and the last time i played was maybe during this summer, i was an archer user (a good one 2, claimed as aimbot) but i still kept getting beaten by non archer players because they know how to use their kits
An enderman user used his kit so good i lost, he invis first then throws his ender pearl towards me, then he just keeps smacking me, a spider kit user managed to dodge most of my arrows because of his speed, i had to depend on my ability to hit him, whenever he got close he will summon his spiders and run around me, a creeper kit user managed to bait me onto an edge and used his ability to kill me, see how i am going with this??
Wither was already nerfed (pre-1.9 I think) so you can't shot before the previous shell hits.
Well then it must of been a bug because a wither managed to shoot me i kid you not 3 times in a row DURING 1.9
I agree the Enderman would be better with complete invisibility, but I believe it's not a bug in SCB but a Minecraft "feature". You can't either hide the weapon, so you would need to approach with bare hands, then switch to weapon. Maybe stuck arrows could be removed by code.
this is indeed what i want, to make the game more balanced and actually give a proper chance for the enderman kit, but the item holding thing should remain because without it the enderman will be ridiculously overpowered and it will make you want to keep a keen eye ;)
The spider is indeed powerful, but without a sharper eye ;-) it's no match for archers.
I will tell you this from a archer kit user's point of view, the spider kit is extremely annoying, for all you know he can run around the map like a crazy man dodging every or nearly all arrows fired at him, whenever he gets close you don't know if he will summon his spiders or will he punch you, the archer users are too overpowered long range but close range is their weakness (the skeleton ability needs a small nerf to it though, less spam arrows are fired and longer cool down)
I used to win lots of games with Creeper. Now it's almost impossible, unless other players are not experienced.
Bait them to an edge and use you're potions if you want, if you manage to get in close range the archer could instantly die or loose good control, just make it a surprise they did not expect
The original game used command blocks and items stored in chests. So the modification would be modifying the items. I have no idea how it's done in Cubecraft, but in case it's a plugin, there would be a point in the code were the items are created then given to players.
xD i wasn't talking about the "original" minecraft smash bros i was talking about the nintendo one (where it originated)
Ring.jpg
The original maps were still used when I started playing (how I miss some of them!!), now only Ocean survives. So I think it was a modification of the original game. Devs here should know how it was changed.
some maps still remain like Clock, Ocean, Mushrooms, End you just have to be lucky to find the one you want

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
Everything you say I can believe. But there's more to it. Let me explain: first, there's a big difference between casual playing and the people that play 10+ games a day. SCB is as much parkour (its own kind of parkour because of double jump) as it is common pvp. So you can be a fine archer and lose here every time. The usual style here involves a lot of double jumping over the target, changing direction and shooting while in the air, sometimes while the target is also in the air. I have a lot of videos recorded, I'll upload one so you can see what I mean.

This jumping thing introduces a lot of differences. Also you last played in the summer, when the game was broken!! Double jump was almost unworkable then so you might not have spot the differences. When double jump works, for instance, spiders are not as useful, since you can simply jump a couple of times and get out of their range.

People that play often won't fall for creepers. You end up learning what parts of the maps are dangerous and keep out of them. Even a map like Sugarrush that used to be creepers' paradise (I loved there) is not so good anymore.

Well then it must of been a bug because a wither managed to shoot me i kid you not 3 times in a row DURING 1.9

Of course, they only prevented release of heads while other head flying. Once it's hit you, a sound indicates the wither he can shoot again. Before that modification, several heads could be flying at once.

I will tell you this from a archer kit user's point of view, the spider kit is extremely annoying, for all you know he can run around the map like a crazy man dodging every or nearly all arrows fired at him, whenever he gets close you don't know if he will summon his spiders or will he punch you, the archer users are too overpowered long range but close range is their weakness (the skeleton ability needs a small nerf to it though, less spam arrows are fired and longer cool down)

This also would be reasonable. But then you get Blaze as the new king. And what do you nerf in that kit?

some maps still remain like Clock, Ocean, Mushrooms, End you just have to be lucky to find the one you want

Clocks is very new. Mushroom and End are not the original ones, but new creations for CubeCraft, and very different from their namesakes. Old ones were small, plain maps with nowhere to hide. New ones are very big maps, specially End, a camper's dream and almost impossible for Creeper. Even small maps like Clocks or Ocean are not so good for Creeper, because it's easy to lean again blocks and avoid being thrown over the borders.

To summarize: I see where you are coming from, but it's not as it seems at all. Don't take my word for it. Join some games at rush hour, or if you want, I maintain my offer to show you regular games with "pro" players.

Oh, and I almost forgot!

Best weapon for Skeleton is not rapid arrows, but chaining regular arrows. I mean hitting the target while he's still in the air because the punch of the first shot.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Do some of you know how OP
Cactus is....
I can like kill people in 4 hits...

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
I give a 5/10 cause I'm really good at sneaking and if they start to bow spamming (Bows, Blazes, etc) I just go in zig zag and stop and just keep going until I kill them :D

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Problem is... can you get 4 hits? Only people I've seen that can do that are the ones that are also flying :-(
Ehm yes....
No hax promise...
(Jokes aside)
Yeah I can easily kill people with the Cactus kit...
Just practice your aim...
Should make SCB very easy to play and maybe win...

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
People, really... have you noticed? I almost always play skelleton and still I'm asking for a change against skelleton kit. Why do you think I'm doing it? I keep the challenge for anyone interested.

Anyway, doesn't the fact that most people choose archers ring a bell?

I promised AboodPlayz to upload a video to show archer style. Please don't confuse it with showing archers' power... everybody's an archer there :-)

It's a heavy upload, with an hour time projected. When completed it will be available here:

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
But there's more to it. Let me explain: first, there's a big difference between casual playing and the people that play 10+ games a day. SCB is as much parkour (its own kind of parkour because of double jump) as it is common pvp. So you can be a fine archer and lose here every time. The usual style here involves a lot of double jumping over the target, changing direction and shooting while in the air, sometimes while the target is also in the air. I have a lot of videos recorded, I'll upload one so you can see what I mean.
i managed to do that several times but it is difficult, but shooting someone in the air gets you accused for aim bot :P but i know what you mean, it wasn't really needed for the video :P, anyways as @mateu9999 said about cactus's ability of firing arrows all around you, just have to use it right
This also would be reasonable. But then you get Blaze as the new king. And what do you nerf in that kit?
maybe add a extra kit "Guardian" who has beams that could attack a player, and fire damage isn't that strong against it (out of topic: i suggest you getting low fire texture pack, it helps a lot)
also if the enderman could take down a skeleton user then he can kill a blaze user, blaze is annoying without low fire
Of course, they only prevented release of heads while other head flying. Once it's hit you, a sound indicates the wither he can shoot again. Before that modification, several heads could be flying at once.
okay then the bug has been fixed :D

This jumping thing introduces a lot of differences. Also you last played in the summer, when the game was broken!! Double jump was almost unworkable then so you might not have spot the differences. When double jump works, for instance, spiders are not as useful, since you can simply jump a couple of times and get out of their range.
they are
the speed and the double jump can easily get them closer to an enemy jumping around, they can jump over them summon the spiders and run
People that play often won't fall for creepers. You end up learning what parts of the maps are dangerous and keep out of them. Even a map like Sugarrush that used to be creepers' paradise (I loved there) is not so good anymore.
but the only problem is some creeper kit users hide or sneak attack an archer then explode and get them off their platform (out of topic: Sugarrush should be nerfed with the tower area, it is nearly impossible to get there or kill an enemy there)
Clocks is very new. Mushroom and End are not the original ones, but new creations for CubeCraft, and very different from their namesakes. Old ones were small, plain maps with nowhere to hide. New ones are very big maps, specially End, a camper's dream and almost impossible for Creeper. Even small maps like Clocks or Ocean are not so good for Creeper, because it's easy to lean again blocks and avoid being thrown over the borders.
clocks is good for a creeper kit but ocean is a bit difficult just need to wait for the perfect moment
The only
I see where you are coming from, but it's not as it seems at all. Don't take my word for it. Join some games at rush hour, or if you want, I maintain my offer to show you regular games with "pro" players.
problem i have is with teamers as it is nearly impossible to kill both of them, with rush hour i can't because of time zone difference (currently 4pm here)

Best weapon for Skeleton is not rapid arrows, but chaining regular arrows. I mean hitting the target while he's still in the air because the punch of the first shot.
the punch does need a nerf but so does the rapid arrow ability, as most abilities shouldn't instantly kill players but damage them
Problem is... can you get 4 hits? Only people I've seen that can do that are the ones that are also flying :-(
double jump is another way ;)
I give a 5/10 cause I'm really good at sneaking and if they start to bow spamming (Bows, Blazes, etc) I just go in zig zag and stop and just keep going until I kill them :D
sometimes predictable
Just practice your aim...
Should make SCB very easy to play and maybe win...
what i have been trying to say the whole time!
Anyway, doesn't the fact that most people choose archers ring a bell?
all the games i have been is usually Blaze > Skeletons or Blaze & Skeleton =
People, really... have you noticed? I almost always play skelleton and still I'm asking for a change against skelleton kit. Why do you think I'm doing it? I keep the challenge for anyone interested.
i do agree the ability and the punch should be reduced, the bone as well because of its current knockback, but super smash bros or should i say super craft bros usually WANTS you to knock the enemy off the edge as it is the easiest way
I promised AboodPlayz to upload a video to show archer style. Please don't confuse it with showing archers' power... everybody's an archer there :)

It's a heavy upload, with an hour time projected. When completed it will be available here:
From what i have seen the blaze seems more powerful because of the extra fire damage (The amount of players decreased compared to last time i played!)

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
i suggest you getting low fire

So you didn't watch the video... :-)

with rush hour i can't because of time zone difference (currently 4pm here)

I'm at GMT+1 and have plenty of time, if you want to play just say when :)

From what i have seen the blaze seems more powerful because of the extra fire damage

Debatable. Rapid arrows allow finishing a combat... except there's a bug that makes them stop working after a while. If there's a blaze when this happens, you can surrender.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
So you didn't watch the video... :)
i was typing :P, when i finished i watched the video,
I'm at GMT+1 and have plenty of time, if you want to play just say when :)
i got bored of SCB, i stopped a while back because of a bug making you teleport to flat land, which made you either stay for the win or leave
Debatable. Rapid arrows allow finishing a combat... except there's a bug that makes them stop working after a while. If there's a blaze when this happens, you can surrender.
Yeah rapid arrows has a bug to make the ability shoot one arrow after certain amount of uses but it will make it more of a deathmatch then stay camping and firing at a random player, and it stops/reduces campers

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
So the few people that bothered to answer not even play SCB often or at all. Not entirely unexpected, but this has been a little bit disappointing, to be honest.

Anyway, considering that having thirty unanswered hacker reports was overlooked as routine, this is hardly surprising.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
So the few people that bothered to answer not even play SCB often or at all. Not entirely unexpected, but this has been a little bit disappointing, to be honest.
usually arcade games are not played as much that is why you might see bugs from a long time not fixed, people new to the server usually play arcade, it is almost all either skywars, survival games, eggwars, and any other big games (block band for @POWER_RANGER )

Reactions: Power Ranger

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
Right, but still cheaters play all kind of games and are also ignored. If this happens to more important things, I don't know what I was thinking.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom