Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should /party be prioritized?

• Yes

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • No (must explain why or vote doesn't count)

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE REPLYING OR VOTING!

Let's face it: /party has been in development for over 2-3 years now, and yet, such a simple system still isn't complete. Why? Well, from what I heard, it's because it's low on the developer's to-do list.

So here's my suggestion: prioritize /party. It has been one of the most suggested features on the server, and it will be something that will benefit everyone greatly. I mean, let's face it: I'm willing to bet that more people would rather have the /party system that they've been waiting so patiently (or impatiently) for for the past few years rather than, say, an update for a game they never play that no one knows anything about until the day it's released. This implies that /party will affect everyone, while a game update will only affect those who play the game. As I've stated, /party is a feature that is very simple, so it won't take that long to code anyways. So unless there is some urgent bug fix or something, please put /party on top (or somewhere near the top) of the to-do list before working on a game update or something.

TL;DR: priortize /party before working on other stuff unless you have to.

"/party is already in development, just be patient"
That's not the point of my suggestion.

Last edited:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I think other stuff should be prioritized.
For example: (Bugs, Freebuild, UHC, Shields, Forums Update, Helper application reset, Vanity, Miniatures etc.)
Party isn't that important. I would even put a LIMBO lobby above it honestly.
It's just that Cubecraft's map system works different from other servers.
Here you can simply /fmsg or /tell someone which map they need to choose or if the lobby is a bit full, just simply go to a emptier one.
I know making a party command/system isn't really hard and that's probably because why I wouldn't put it right on top of the list.
I think they should finish the difficult things first. As most of us know, Cubecraft likes to fancy it's Stuff. They always want originality, and to make original things it takes time. So I better give them the time to finish their big projects that will probably lose its Hype one month after release than to make a little command just so people can join the same game.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Cubecraft is really having a XXXXL list of things to be made/fixed/ and remove the "In maintenance" to "In development" so people would know it's being worked on and isn't offline for a few hours. I honestly agree that Cubecraft has to work on the party system first, as people are demanding it the most...(including me)

D

Deleted member 169486

That way people would complain if something takes a bit longer than expected, that's also why we usually don't give out release dates.
Wait wait wait, you don't release dates for when stuff is finished because people would complain? Why can't I do that at school?

Hey anonymous, when you gonna finish the project you said you would have in?

I ain't gonna release no time because it ain't gonna be done and your gonna complain!!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure a party system would be hard to do considering all of the different bungeecords & servers that Cube has.
It may seem simple, considering they have a friends system, but parties are very different from seeing who has logged in & being able to message them.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
That way people would complain if something takes a bit longer than expected, that's also why we usually don't give out release dates.
I would argue there's a difference between updates and giving a specific release date; even if they haven't worked on something, that would be nice to know rather than being left in the dark, but I wouldn't expect any concrete dates.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
/party has been in development for over 2-3 years now,
Many Things Have
such a simple system still isn't complete.
Isn't That What People Said About The Anti-cheat
That Was Hard To Make
Why? Well, from what I heard, it's because it's low on the developer's to-do list.
From What I Heard Unicorns Are Real
Things Aren't Always True
prioritize /party. It has been one of the most suggested features on the server
I Thought Banning Hackers Was As Well As Ranked Games Both Of Which Insanely Out Number The /party Feature
and it will be something that will benefit everyone greatly.
what about people who are sad and have nobody to play with
I'm willing to bet that more people would rather have the /party system that they've been waiting so patiently (or impatiently) for for the past few years rather than, say, an update for a game they never play that no one knows
They Haven't Updated Freebuild So I Have No Idea What Your Talking About
I'm willing to bet that more people would rather have the /party system that they've been waiting so patiently (or impatiently) for for the past few years rather than, say, an update for a game they never play that no one knows anything about until the day it's released.
So How Much Like 50$ is that a fair bet?
This implies that /party will affect everyone,
again Sad and alone players
while a game update will only affect those who play the game.
At Least This Will Affect The Sad & Alone Players
As I've stated, /party is a feature that is very simple, so it won't take that long to code anyways.
okay You have a total of 2 days to code one on your own
So unless there is some urgent bug fix or something, please put /party on top (or somewhere near the top) of the to-do list before working on a game update or something.
This Is Just Not Very Fair You Are Being So Bias In This Thread You Are Only Stating The First Possitives That You Can Think Of & Not Even Checking If They Are True
You Are Putting Your Self In Other People's Shoes Except Not Checking If The Laces Are Done Up

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Many Things Have

That Was Hard To Make

From What I Heard Unicorns Are Real
Things Aren't Always True

I Thought Banning Hackers Was As Well As Ranked Games Both Of Which Insanely Out Number The /party Feature

This Is Just Not Very Fair You Are Being So Bias In This Thread You Are Only Stating The First Possitives That You Can Think Of & Not Even Checking If They Are True
You Are Putting Your Self In Other People's Shoes Except Not Checking If The Laces Are Done Up

That's really funny because all you seem to be able to do is be pessimistic and poke holes in everyone's argument when half of your arguments are invalid. So lets begin, shall we?

1). You have no evidence that the anticheat "was hard to make". Long times don't necessarily mean that it was difficult. We've been told that the reason that the anticheat took long was primarily because they needed to gather data to ensure that the anticheat is precise as possible. While maintaining it may be difficult, it would be foolish to discount the need for supportive information that just inherently requires long periods of time to collect.
2). Banning hackers isn't even a suggestion, because guess what the staff team does? Party threads contribute a lot to the suggestion subforum, so I don't know where your "insanely outnumbering" conclusion comes from.
3). At least these "sad and alone" people can type more properly than you can. Just because a feature doesn't benefit EVERYONE on the server doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented. Might as well cut Vanity Points and ranks because it doesn't benefit EVERYONE.
4). Considering that Freebuild came out relatively recently and Arcade still hasn't been fixed yet, I have no idea what you're talking about.
5). This is just snarky for the need of being snarky.
6). I'm done with the "sad and alone players" argument.
7). The Chunk had a party system. If they kept the code I'm sure it would speed up the process w/o having to start from scratch.

I've never heard this one. It's just as made up as your arguments.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
That Was Hard To Make
Since when has an anti-cheat been easy to make?
Banning hackers never went on the suggestions forum, it went on the ranting forum.
If /party won't affect "sad and alone" players, then game updates will affect even fewer people.
Hey, I'm not a Java developer, and they're a team of professionals. Just because something's easy doesn't mean you can do it. It's just easy for some people.

An Olympic sprinter can easily run 20km/h. Can you?
Um, no I'm not making this up. I've been looking at the forums for a year. I'm using inductive reasoning to create my arguments. Anyways, your post is kinda hard to read, so...
Eh?
Lol good one
I'm putting myself in my own shoes. My laces are always done up as a matter of fact (I never untie my shoelaces).

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I'll keep it short as this has been replied to enough already:
Then it'll be more convenient for them to make and play with new friends.
upload_2017-3-16_8-24-18.png

I'll take that $50 now
That's not fair. CCG has had since Summer 2014 to work on theirs.
Until they get tired of their inadequate team sabotaging the mission (Tower Defenders, Blockwars), or being massacred by teams / hackers (PvP), and said updates become dead in a couple of weeks due to trivial problems that are ignored.

Let's clear up a quick misconception: So long as your criticism isn't too hateful, and offers solutions to the thing that you're complaining about, it is a good thing. Criticism allows you to address problems with something in a critical manner, whilst simultaneously suggesting how it can be improved. By continuously sucking up and defending what are evidently severe shortcomings, you're excusing said shortcomings and are thus making the server worse.

Also, it's both noticeable, and petty, when somebody is trying to appease the staff team by telling them only what you think they want to hear.

Now, in relation to the thread itself:

I definitely agree that it should be prioritised above anything else. Is anybody else tired of these massive game releases that take months to be added, only for them to offer almost the exact same experiences as can be found on an already existing gamemode? It'd be a nice change of pace to see a "small" update added to the server. While apparently it'll be a big feat to develop it, a party feature will benefit every single player on the server, regardless of what they like to play. It'll be so convenient, and could even offer some gameplay benefits.
I might write a feature suggestion thread for this topic in the future.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
that isn't the actual count though
because that is the count of players who have SEEN this thread & voted
nowhere near as many players as on the forums & on the server period so those numbers don't necessarily agree with the ACTUAL full numbers
I'll take that $50 now
again paypal isn't working

Also I would be responding to all the other responses except when I tried it was way to long so
Not doing it

Just saying for you @TheQueenWaddle I Am A Pessimist Anyways

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom