Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Has any of you ever had problems with video length while recording a video to report a player?

• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Hackers are a thing on CubeCraft, that's a fact, especially on the 1.8 server.

There is no avoiding it. The devs are trying their best with the anticheat, and the players are trying their best to report hackers. It's a working system, and it doesn't cause too much hassle. I am ok with it.

However, there is a minor adjustment that needs to be made for reporting players.

I record videos for my YouTube channel. Usually, these are much longer than 5 minutes. However, if a hacker ever comes along, I have to report them using a video 5 minutes or less in length. Therefore, I have to edit the video, find a section of it, and upload as a separate video to report.

I understand that this is to make it easier and faster to process reports, but this isn't the best way of doing things.

Another time that the 5 minute limit is very annoying is when other YouTubers play on CubeCraft, and they see hackers, most of the time they do not report, even though it is in the video. Most of the time, no one reports those players.

For example, I found this out after I reported a player whose hacks were on TheBajanCanadian's channel. You would expect that someone with 5 million subscribers would have at least someone to report the player for him using his video. Nope. I downloaded part of his video, and reported the player, 11 days after the original was uploaded, and found that I was the first to report. At that time, the video had around 100k views. The video even had the title "Pro VS Reach HACKER".
See the vid by BajanCanadian here:
And my video here:
Notice the upload dates, mine was uploaded 11 days after the original video was uploaded.

I can't help but wonder how many people tried to report, but could not because the video length was too long. Maybe they even had editing tools available, but didn't know a website that can download only a small portion of a video, to save time.

Similarly, many times I have recorded videos to report players, only to find it seconds more than 5 minutes, meaning I had to go through the editing process. It's annoying, and unnecessary.

I really think it would be much easier to report if we were allowed to use videos of any length, and specify a time period within the video, no longer than 5 minutes, for the person handling the report to watch. This way, we can use whatever video we want to report with, but the amount of time it takes to process reports stay unchanged.

In the meantime, however, if you see a YouTuber record a hacker, don't hesitate to download their video and report them, as you will very likely be the first to do so. Use the website clipconverter.cc to download the video. Select MP4 as your output format, press continue, and uncheck the checkmarks for Convert from: Start of video / End of video, and enter the appropriate time. Be sure to give yourself a few seconds extra to make sure all the evidence is included. Beware of pop up ads on that website.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I don't have problems when it comes to this.
I always trim my videos and I only show the bit that is the most obvious and clear.

players may upload a trashy video that is 15 mins long and only 20 seconds of it shows the "hacking".

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
You can edit the video. You remove the part of the video without that you can see the hacker And keep the paart with the hacks And report him.

Reactions: Tmrrw

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I don't have problems when it comes to this.
I always trim my videos and I only show the bit that is the most obvious and clear.

players may upload a trashy video that is 15 mins long and only 20 seconds of it shows the "hacking".
You can edit the video. You remove the part of the video without that you can see the hacker And keep the paart with the hacks And report him.

Editing takes time, time that I would rather spend playing on the server. This would be a simple fix, and it would lessen the amount of time I use to report by at least 5 minutes each time.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Editing takes time, time that I would rather spend playing on the server. This would be a simple fix, and it would lessen the amount of time I use to report by at least 5 minutes each time.
I'm not sure what you use...?

I use quick time player and honestly it takes about a minute or even less to trim it.

N

Nikboo

Absolutely not.
If you sat there, looking through reports continously you would unferstand how laborious it is.

We already get 5 minute videos which are an absolute pain to deal with. Moderators could spend their time banning 10 illegal client users in-game instead of watching a 5 minute video. It's especially frustrating when the player doesn't include the timesnap, the player uses the wrong timesnap or if the "offender" isn't even using illegal modifications.

Feel free to PM me such videos where other youtubers have recorded the users with illegal modifications. Just please do mention where the timeframe is.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
You are just being lazy but you have to think what the staff members have to do when looking at your video . They girst need to check your whole video to know where the hacker starts hacking and what he is doing. You only post 5reports at the same time but staff has to look over 10000 reports everyday !

DontForgetMe

Apr 23, 2016
a place i forgot
Absolutely not.
If you sat there, looking through reports continously you would unferstand how laborious it is.

We already get 5 minute videos which are an absolute pain to deal with. Moderators could spend their time banning 10 illegal client users in-game instead of watching a 5 minute video. It's especially frustrating when the player doesn't include the timesnap, the player uses the wrong timesnap or if the "offender" isn't even using illegal modifications.

Feel free to PM me such videos where other youtubers have recorded the users with illegal modifications. Just please do mention where the timeframe is.
Best reaction i have ever seen xD

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I personally have never had an issue with this. Quicktime (software that I use on mac) to record has an option to edit the video before even saving it or using another app (iMovie, etc) and make sure the video isn't too long or else it's wasting the Staff's time while they are reading through reports.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
The only thing this will do will annoy you and other players.
It already takes enough time to get through reports... we domt need to make it longer

Reactions: DontForgetMe

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Absolutely not.

This is the reason why I suggested that any length video should be allowed for use to report players, but the report must include a timeframe of 5 minutes or less.

N

Nikboo

This is the reason why I suggested that any length video should be allowed for use to report players, but the report must include a timeframe of 5 minutes or less.

Time frames are a real pain. Most people put the incorrect time anyways. It just won't work. It's really not that hard to crop a video.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
I totally understand your pain but, please bare with me on my point. I totally understand your frustration on this point but, it's very hard on us staff members. To seek out hackers on a 5+ minute video is a waste of time for us staff members and would cause a huge jam in reports as people wouldn't be completing reports at an efficient rate that satisfies members. Therefore, members will complain. It just isn't better for cubecraft going forward. Stated earlier, it's so easy to crop videos. It'll probably take you a minute. No harm :). Here's a cropping website here. https://www.movavi.com/support/how-to/how-to-crop-video.html Hopefully that'll help. -Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Top Bottom